• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Requiem for a Dream UHD ScreenPass assistance required [SOLVED]

mbarnstijn

US release (UPC 031398304821)

More than a few playlists all the same length but different playing orders.

I look forward to your assistance.

Sincerely,

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_L_REQUIEM_FOR_A_DREAM_AB0311A9_F6446E53.ziplog
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
This is only the second time I've heard of ScreenPass on a UHD.

TBH, I can't remember what the first occurence was or it's resolution....

T

The first one was another of my purchases, Knives Out, reported by me in this forum section when it was first released. I'm just lucky that way. :banghead:

It was resolved quickly, so here's hoping!

Cheers,

--michael

Why does no one remember that midway was first. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Right! Midway, forgot that -- I didn't buy that one, so I didn't have the pleasure of experiencing ScreenPass on that title.

ScreenPass solved today for this UHD disc. AnyDVD now reports a playlist in the status window. I've checked that playlist and scanned through the beginning and end of each playlist element, in order, while comparing it to the companion Blu-ray. The Blu-ray does not have ScreenPass, and the movie is a single m2ts file. I'm certain the play order of the UHD for this disc, as reported by AnyDVD, is correct.

Thanks, @Pete ! :thankyou:

--michael

Hang on, @Pete says he might want to make another change for this disc. While AnyDVD reports the correct playlist, there are still more than ten playlists with that same playing time, in addition to the hundred or so playlists that AnyDVD has adjusted to have a playing time that's a minute shorter.

@mbarnstijn Just tried the disc, did not see a playlist reporting at the anydvd window. Also for this disc, powerdvd will always been stuck at a black window while anydvd is running.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_F_REQUIEM_FOR_A_DREAM_AB0311A9_D2FAA3EF.ziplog
    4.3 MB · Views: 7
@mbarnstijn Just tried the disc, did not see a playlist reporting at the anydvd window. Also for this disc, powerdvd will always been stuck at a black window while anydvd is running.
That's because the screenpass protection on it isn't handled yet.

That's because the screenpass protection on it isn't handled yet.
... and there are read errors.

Code:
Errors:
-----------------------------
39.81s: read sectors failed, sense 4:3e:2 // **** TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT
89.83s: read sectors failed, sense 4:3e:2 // **** TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT
-----------------------------

This should work now - at least show the right playlist. But you're probably still going to run into trouble due to the read errors.

Hang on, @Pete says he might want to make another change for this disc. While AnyDVD reports the correct playlist, there are still more than ten playlists with that same playing time, in addition to the hundred or so playlists that AnyDVD has adjusted to have a playing time that's a minute shorter.
@Pete has indicated that "my" disc is handled as of my last post, and should work properly for anyone else with the same disc.

--michael

I just got the UK release (EAN 5055761915099) of this movie and it seems to have the same problem. Additionally many of the playlists seem to play in the right order but some of the videos have been deliberately(?) corrupted [Screenshot 1.png, Screenshot 2.png]. I looked in the stream folder and indeed, some of the videos have two files that are identical in size where one plays fine and the other is corrupted/scrambled. I have compiled a list of the videos that are corrupted and which ones play without issue [REQUIEM_FOR_A_DREAM_scrambled_videos.txt]. Audio is not affected.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_H_REQUIEM_FOR_A_DREAM_AB0311A9_779AF50D.ziplog
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • REQUIEM_FOR_A_DREAM_scrambled_videos.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@Pete can you help with disc from my previous post too?
Please let me know if I should start a new thread for this.

Blu-ray discs aren't meant to be played in file mode (loading an m2ts file directly, like what you're doing by the looks of it). Play the title as a disc, the report back

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blu-ray discs aren't meant to be played in file mode (loading an m2ts file directly, like what you're doing by the looks of it). Play the title as a disc, the report back

In MPC-HC (Using Autoplay) plays in the right order but with those corrupted clips. In VLC opening as Blu-Ray disc it plays the wrong order and with corrupted clips.

Vlc is an excellent basic video player. It sucks at pretty much everything else.

You can process the disc with the free version of CloneBD as "movie only". As a result you will have a single m2ts file in the BDMV/STREAMS folder you can play with either player. If there are no read errors processing the disc / video.

Back