• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Crashes or failure to download...

MovieFan

No idea what the issue is. It was working fine as of yesterday after a crash a few days ago. I could download Netflix or Amazon without issue with v1.0.4.0. Today I tried to download "Unsolved Mysteries - Season 1" from Amazon and it choked. It just wouldn't start. The download bar would appear, but never any progress. After 5-10 minutes of that I killed it. I rebooted and tried it again. Same thing. It just hangs.

Today I see the new beta V1.0.4.1 so I download and install that. Same exact behavior, but no specific error message until today when I got a similar message as found in this thread:

Code:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/amazon-error.79474/

I have 3 sets of error logs starting with the first time it did this 3 days ago. Today in puttering with it I got two more crashdumps within a few minutes.

I decided to start from scratch by uninstalling AnyStream entirely and reinstalling the new version. I logged back into Amazon and voila, I can now download the Unsolved Mysteries episode I couldn't before....at least it's making progress anyway.

However, I am now unable to log back into NetFlix. This happened with my original install and the fix was to uninstall and reinstall. Since I just did that, am I missing something else?

I have attached all three crashdump files if they offer any clues.

UPDATE: I was able to download a single episode successfully. When it completed it did NOT go back to the episode list as I have selected in the settings and what it has always done. It does let me select the next episode in the "Downloadables" but it just hangs again like it did before.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.4.0_Dump_20201023022827.astdmp
    831.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.0.4.1_Dump_20201026001713.astdmp
    804.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.0.4.1_Dump_20201026002227.astdmp
    825.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You may try removing the
Code:
%localappdata%\RedFox\AnyStream
folder. You will then have to login to both Amazon and Netflix.

The "back 2 season" feature is not implemented for Amazon, just Netflix.

Regarding the dumps - I am looking into them.

You may try removing the
Code:
%localappdata%\RedFox\AnyStream
folder. You will then have to login to both Amazon and Netflix.
OK, I uninstalled AnyStream again. I then went to the above folder, but it wasn't there because I told it to remove my credentials as well. I rebooted, then I reinstalled the latest AnyStream.

Amazon is working.....ish, I still can't log into NetFlix from within AnyStream. I can login via my regular browser without issue though. On the Amazon side it let me download a few episodes then hung again at 0% progress. I rebooted the machine and it is letting me download again. I'll update if it starts to hang.

Regarding the dumps - I am looking into them.

I hope they help!

The "back 2 season" feature is not implemented for Amazon, just Netflix.

Thanks.

So it just started hanging after one episode yesterday. I had to "crash" the app to shut it down after a couple hours of it doing nothing. At that point AnyStream wouldn't even start again and i was in the middle of other things and couldn't reboot it right away. This morning I rebooted it and the program will start, but even if I browse to the Prime show I am trying to download, it no longer get the "Downloadables" button that was there.

upload_2020-10-27_11-2-6.png

Also still can't log into NetFlix, but that's not new.

I'd appreciate a log file ("File->Create log file").

Please see attached.

Oddly, when I restarted the program just now to generate the log file it gave me a popup that said I wasn't logged in. I refreshed and it logged in and now I see the "Downloadables" button again. It is currently downloading an episode. We'll have to see how long that lasts.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.4.1.astlog
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.0.4.1-2.astlog
    151.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
As far as I can tell - logs are fine. There was a tiny connection problem retrieving the artwork, but otherwise all's fine

OK, I was able to download three more episodes and now it's hanging on the next episode. I still have the screen open and was able to generate a new log. it is slightly larger than the last log i sent so maybe it has something new and useful?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.4.1-3.astlog
    153.1 KB · Views: 1
According to the log, there seem to be some network related problems. I have added a bit more logging to this part of AnyStream.
By the way, I believe I have asked already, but are you using any VPN?

I use a VPN sometimes, but when having issues it happens VPN or not. Currently it is working on VPN as I type this. I am downloading.

I am concerned that you say "network issues" though because my main router crashed earlier today. I was running an Asus AIMesh setup and the primary router crashed and killed my internet connection totally. I swapped it for my Ubiquiti UniFi mesh setup and it started working again. It may be coincidence or perhaps it was having unseen issues for the last few days that finally killed it. Not sure.

Just added a new log since I changed routers.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.4.1-5.astlog
    380.4 KB · Views: 1
Hmmm.... Interesting. Although, this indeed may be a coincidence, but the log looks, so to say, cleaner. Let's just watch it for a couple of days and see whether the changes are permanent.

Hmmm.... Interesting. Although, this indeed may be a coincidence, but the log looks, so to say, cleaner. Let's just watch it for a couple of days and see whether the changes are permanent.
OK, I installed the build from today, v1.0.5.0 and all is well so far. I am now able to log into NetFlix and it seems to be working all around. The only "bug" I have seen is that the first time I clicked on "Downloadables" all it showed me was the first episode. if I closed and reopened it then displayed all episodes.

I will of course continue to keep an eye on this all!

Here are a couple more log files. The occurred after getting this error:

upload_2020-10-28_20-47-10.png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.5.0-1.astlog
    322.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.0.5.0-2.astlog
    197 KB · Views: 1
Is that a download limit error?
I don't think so because I have a licensed AnyStream and don't use it that much. Plus I am able to download other titles like I'm doing right now:

upload_2020-10-28_21-13-55.png

It is possible it's a title that isn't *free*? I am able to download "Unsolved Mysteries" S1, but S2 is what is giving me the issue.

I am able to download other titles like I'm doing right now:

Yeah, so that's not the problem then!

It is possible it's a title that isn't *free*? I am able to download "Unsolved Mysteries" S1, but S2 is what is giving me the issue.

I think if you're not authorized to download it, you don't even get an active Downloadable link.

It's greyed out.

So, that's probably not it either.

T

I am investigating this issue. Something seems to be strange, but I can't blame your network setup right away
Yes, my network has been rock solid since I changed routers.

Thanks for all your hard work!

I think if you're not authorized to download it, you don't even get an active Downloadable link.

It's greyed out.
It was only greyed out in the Unsolved Mysteries screenshot because I had tried to download it. When I first loaded the page it gives me all the clickable links as expected. In the second screenshot it was actually downloading that "Bray Road Beast" so it was also greyed out as it always is when you are actually downloading something.

Back