• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream VM License Question

BuddyFunJet

Is it possible to run two instances of AnyStream in VMs? If so, what is the licensing requirements? Will one license cover both? Two required? Discounted license for 2nd VM?

I have a registered AnyStream, a 1gig internet connection, a 4 user Netflix account, and run AnyStream at 1x download speed to avoid provider scrutiny.

Thanks.

Pretty sure AS only allows for 1 instance at a time. The only way to run 2 at the same time is to run 2 VM's. The problem with that is that you'd be violating your license agreement if BOTH vm's have anystream active and running at the same time. It's fine to register them both, having both active at the same time violates the license agreements. So from a technical and legal perspective you'd need 2 licenses (and redfox surely would appreaciate the support)

While I hoped for a different answer, that is pretty much what I expected.

The next questions are if there is a discount for a second license and, as a practical matter, how do I manage the VM so each one has a license?

I've never used a VM before so this may be a simplistic question.

If the shop is accurate theres an extra discount as 2 licenses (lifetime) are 185eur and not 218 (2x109). Now as to the practical question, you'd be sent 2 different key files. You'd use 1 key file per VM. Though i'd ask support ^perhaps too. Maybe they have a multi-seat license option (as in 1 license multiple registrations)

from the shop checkout page

Volume discount (2 - 4: 15%)

Since I already have purchased one license, the second one would be at full price also.

I’ll see if I can figure out setting up a VM and then decide about the second license.

as an aside, Redfox might look at the blue monkey license approach where they have a discounted price list for renewing subscriptions or additional licenses.

I don't know if this is an option, but since many of the provider subscriptions allow for multiple, simultaneous streams, could Anystream simply be made to allow for up to that limit? So for example, allowing it to download up to XX streams as set by the subscriber that fits within their subscription level?

Yes, I get that some might try to push the envelope, but ultimately their service is dictated by what they are paying for. If someone tries to stream too many feeds at once the service will govern that on their side. if they use something other than 1X speed they will probably get slapped by that provider or worse. Either way this may be a better solution than setting up VM's and involving more complex licensing to achieve the same thing but may be more likely to be abused by customers.

I don't know if this is an option, but since many of the provider subscriptions allow for multiple, simultaneous streams, could Anystream simply be made to allow for up to that limit? So for example, allowing it to download up to XX streams as set by the subscriber that fits within their subscription level?

That is a question that belongs in the AnyStream section, and has nothing to do with OP's question. Batch downloading is already on the feature request list.

Batch downloading is already on the feature request list.
Maybe. I'd say "queued downloading" (one stream at a time) is what is already on the feature request list. I submitted it.

This is about how many streams can be downloaded simultaneously from the same provider though and it does seem to be related to the OP. He is essentially asking for a way to get simultaneous downloads since subscribers to NetFlix or Prime can access multiple streams at the same time. He seems to be asking about running them in VM's so he can download two NetFlix streams simultaneously for example.

Maybe this is a feature request, but ultimately it wasn't mine. I was just trying to suggest a potential solution to his OP dilemma. If it turns into a new feature great, but I'll give credit to @BuddyFunJet for asking for it.

Simultaneous downloads are on the list too. That's in fact something I suggested under 'batch downloading in closed beta and is specifically linked to the beta requests topic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Simultaneous downloads are on the list too. That's in fact something I suggested under 'batch downloading in closed beta and is specifically linked to the beta requests topic.
OK, I understand what you're saying. I wasn't adding it *as* a feature request though so didn't look for it there. I was just trying to throw out an idea that may help the OP need. That was my only intention.......to connect the idea of multi-stream downloading WITHIN once instance of AnyStream as a possible option to address the OP request.

Back