• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subtitles not showing up

Trasshmon

Downloaded an episode of ;The Expanse' from AMZ PRM, subtitle setting on English (CC), embedded (I think) then burned to a DVD. Playing on an LG 4K player, but can't seem to get subtitles to show up, The video and audio portions of the burned DVD are great, even on a 70" screen. Am I doing something wrong? Can't find a way to get back into Anystream initial config to see if I missed something there...
Thanks in advance...

If subtitles were set to "embedded", then they are there. However, AnyStream, at the moment is only supporting the 'tx3g' format. Despite being an ISO standard, it may be unsupported by certain devices.

You may use MediaInfo in order to see whether subtitles are really there (or just play the title with VLC)

Thanks, Prospere. Mediainfo shows English, Timed Text (sbtl) but viewing the MP4 with VLC still doesn't display subtitles. Playing the clip from the HDD where Anystream put it, I open VLC tab for subtitles, but there are no matching subtitle types found. I thought SRT was the common subtitle format used by most media players.

Thanks, Prospere. Mediainfo shows English, Timed Text (sbtl) but viewing the MP4 with VLC still doesn't display subtitles. Playing the clip from the HDD where Anystream put it, I open VLC tab for subtitles, but there are no matching subtitle types found. I thought SRT was the common subtitle format used by most media players.
MPC-HC works fine.

I thought SRT was the common subtitle format used by most media players.
SRT is the format for external subtitles. There are a few other formats for actually embedding subtitles into the container

Hi lifegpc. I have MPC-HC ver 1.7.13 (which hasn't been updated since 2017, by the way) but the problem persists. It may not be a problem, it is more likely me and my understanding of how the subtitle feature works. MPC-HC doesn't find any subtitles either. Those options are greyed out. So now I'm wondering if I have actually downloaded subtitles with the original attempt. I'm gonna try another AMZ PRM series and see if I actually have subtitles showing up before I try Anystream again...

will do, lifegpc. Last attempt still didn't result in subtitles, VLC or MPC-HC. Success! Ver 1.9.7.100 has an option under 'Play'. That option, 'Subtitles' lets you select the subtitle track in tx3g format, as Prospere mentioned. not sure if I'll be able to look forward to simple subtitle options when using a typical DVD player in the future. That would be appreciated and simpler than using my HDD to media computer to TV setup. Thanks again!

Downloaded 3 TV Shows from a series "Unbelievable". All three shows looked very good and played fine at 1080p but there were no subtitles even though the option was checked. The videos were being played on a 43 inch 2020 Samsung Smart QLED TV. I will check Media info and try on Power DVD.

Back