• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

expensive

HULK

why is it so expensive when it only downloads from prime and netflix?

if disney+ was added it may be worth purchasing but at nearly 100 pounds sterling i fail to see why i would purchase it

That's your prerogative, but they have to release it at some point. Which they did. Nobody will be forcing you to use or buy it. The only one that can tell you if it's worth buying at this time is you yourself.

is there a reason for such a high price?

For me, it's isn't high enough. There's no other software out there like it that can download directly from the providers. There's plenty of other "recorders" that take as long to "download" a title as it does to actually play it, and that's not what anystream does. It can grab titles directly without playing. Now, you do the math.

You say its £100 so i assume you're talking about lifetime license, So lets assume you're 25yrs old and your life expectancy is 75years that leaves "50" years of Anystream use at around £2/yr. You try living of £2/year ;) It's no more expensive than AnyDVD.

I get that it’s a good program and does what it says on the tin but actually comparing it to the cost of actually living is quite laughable tbh

is there a reason for such a high price?
For me, it's isn't high enough
I agree, personally I'd drop the lifetime license AND charge more just to keep out the riffraff. This approach would facilitate more of a value-based positioning rather than focusing on a price based model (which IMO attracts a less desireable customer base). Generally speaking, price based positioning is one of the worst models for sellers and, believe it or not buyers too. It ultimately leads to an inferior product due to constant price and/or corner cutting. Consider any of the (used to be) great name brands that has gone "downhill". Often the decline is because they've failed to position themselves as a value brand that is worth the extra coin. Bear in mind that value branding doesn't always mean cheaper! Positioning a product as a value brand adheres to the premise of "more bang for the buck", and if there is more bang, then it's worth more bucks. Of course there are always outliers but this generality has a lot of truth to it. In fact, based on the fact that you've taken the time to ask, I'd guess that you want the product because it has more to offer than any other solution currently available to you (could be quality, convenience, brand familiarity etc), otherwise you'd simply buy what you percieve to be the better alternative.

I get that it’s a good program and does what it says on the tin but actually comparing it to the cost of actually living is quite laughable tbh
Then don't use it and develop your own cheaper tool?

if disney+ was added it may be worth purchasing but at nearly 100 pounds sterling i fail to see why i would purchase it

I think its worth the price and I will pay it as soon as the Visa payment option is sorted.

I don't want to talk out of turn here but it was my understanding that there would be a nominal temporary price drop or sale price reduction when Visa payments are eventually sorted. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, I don't want to give out incorrect info.

when the US visa issue is fixed, there will be a general 20% discount yes :)

Cheers, so there you have it

A 20% discount is significant and well worth the wait IMO. Its also worth pointing out that its evident that a fair amount of work is still going on to support the product and that warrants the price as well. Feature request are being pitched by users and are considered by the developers. So its not just bug fixes but possible expansion, again well worth the price,....

I'd like to buy now because I don't want to use the trial anymore but I don't have a mastercard to make the purchase only Visa.

I understand that some people aren't as fortunate as others, but I'd willing pay 3x what they are charging for a life-time license. For a program that does a direct download of a pristine video file, instead of the usual god-awful screen capture method of recording a stream? Oh yeah, sign me up!

For me, it's isn't high enough. There's no other software out there like it that can download directly from the providers. There's plenty of other "recorders" that take as long to "download" a title as it does to actually play it, and that's not what anystream does. It can grab titles directly without playing. Now, you do the math.

You say its £100 so i assume you're talking about lifetime license, So lets assume you're 25yrs old and your life expectancy is 75years that leaves "50" years of Anystream use at around £2/yr. You try living of £2/year ;) It's no more expensive than AnyDVD.
For me is a lot because is on euro money convert to Canadian money around 170$ ( lifetime )

So wait, us early adopters have the pleasure of paying more? (n)
No, nobody is forcing you to use our buy it. What you would have the pleasure of is supporting redfox and the development of another great piece of software.

If you don't want to pay full price, then wait for a discount. That is it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Be assured that Redfox is listening to its customers like in the past. For me that makes the biggest difference. And I also rate AnyDVD and CloneBD to my best investments concerning software. You see that AnyStream is still somehow not completely mature but the staff in the forum takes all hints seriously and will address them. They don't just sell and leave the users with the problems they encounter.

No, nobody is forcing you to use our buy it. What you would have the pleasure of is supporting redfox and the development of another great piece of software.

If you don't want to pay full price, then wait for a discount. That is it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Too late, already bought, didn't know a discount was in the works. It's really not a big deal. It's a good price. I didn't complain when I had to upgrade AnyDVD to AnyDVDHD. I'm not complaining now, just poking fun at the situation. I've never been disappointed in the software, that's why I basically have the full suite and have been using it for over a decade. No other software has lasted this long for me. Even Winamp eventually died off. You guys keep it all going and that's why I'll pretty much drink whatever Kool-Aid you put in front of me. ;)
:thankyou:

And how much is the netflix subscription alone, and you're whining about a one off payment for a piece of software that allows you to bypass their DRM; perspective?

There's an offer to supply a tool for a price. If you think its too pricey (but fine with DSNY+) then jog on. The me, me, me entitlement is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Agreed,....

There was only one softwatre utility that I purchased that I regretted and it wasn't because of the software itself, rather it was because it eventually became abandonware. That was "Hauppauge HD DVR for Windows Media Center" and "Hauppauge Colossus for Windows Media Center". For trail purposes you could request a key (once) but after that you needed a retail key. The servers won't even accept request for the trail key so definitly no luck for retail keys that you purchased.

I wish that when a company knows things will end, before it comes to a close release a universal key so people aren't locked out of their purchased software.

There's an offer to supply a tool for a price. If you think its too pricey (but fine with DSNY+) then jog on. The me, me, me entitlement is ridiculous.
The me me me entitlement think you need to jog on pal it’s not about me at all we’re in the middle of a global pandemic people are losing their jobs left right and centre I just think it could be more reasonably priced at this moment in time I don’t have a doubt about the quality of the product I’ve used clonebd clobecd and anydvd HD for years and no one said I had Disney+ either stop jumping to conclusions I simply stated that just Prime and Netflix doesn’t warrant the price for me everyone clam down it’s just my opinion

Back