• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hardware Requirements for Netflix 4K

BuddyFunJet

I tried searching the forums for an answer but no luck?

What hardware or software is required for Netflix to offer downloads in 4K in anystream?

I am shown UHD titles on my TV but not computer. Do I need to have a 4K computer monitor for Netflix to offer 4K in anystream? I have the HVEC drivers installed

thanks.

None, as it's not a hardware problem but a software one. Anystream simulates a chromium based browser. Netflix afaik currently simply does not offer 4k streams for browsers. I'm sure @Prospere will be able to say if i'm right or not.

I tried searching the forums for an answer but no luck?

What hardware or software is required for Netflix to offer downloads in 4K in anystream?

I am shown UHD titles on my TV but not computer. Do I need to have a 4K computer monitor for Netflix to offer 4K in anystream? I have the HVEC drivers installed

thanks.
Code:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23931
  • Intel's 7th generation Core CPU (i3, i5, or i7 models in the 7xxx or 7Yxx series) or newer, or a NVIDIA GPU that meets
    Code:
     these requirements.

• A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on at

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23931
  • Intel's 7th generation Core CPU (i3, i5, or i7 models in the 7xxx or 7Yxx series) or newer, or a NVIDIA GPU that meets
    Code:
     these requirements.

• A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on at

That applies to playback using their WINDOWS APP, not a browser like AnyStream simulates. The question is about anystream UHD support. Not netflix app requirements.

That applies to playback using their WINDOWS APP, not a browser like AnyStream simulates. The question is about anystream UHD support. Not netflix app requirements.
Netflix does not allow UHD via chrome and Firefox with the exception of Microsoft edge so anystream will not be able to offer UHD as long as it has this restriction .

Thanks for the quick answer. Chrome is the problem so I will quit trying things. I assume a notice will go out if there is a work around to get UHD in anystream.

Thanks for the quick answer. Chrome is the problem so I will quit trying things. I assume a notice will go out if there is a work around to get UHD in anystream.
probably in a few years with the ever more secure evolution of drm for now you have to forget UHD .

None, as it's not a hardware problem but a software one. Anystream simulates a chromium based browser. Netflix afaik currently simply does not offer 4k streams for browsers. I'm sure @Prospere will be able to say if i'm right or not.

I hope this discussion issn going too far, otherwise just please delete my comment. Edge is listed as a requirement for 4K Netflix playback. It doesn't state which version and afaik the latest Edge version is using Chromium, right? So IF that's really the case 4K ( that Edge is using chromium and it also does support 4K via Netflix) could possibly work when presenting itself as a chromium based browser.

It's not quite that simple unfortunately. It's not the fact that edge is built on top of the chromium engine that allows netflix to play 4k it's the additional security that edge affords that allows it to do so.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I hope this discussion issn going too far, otherwise just please delete my comment. Edge is listed as a requirement for 4K Netflix playback. It doesn't state which version and afaik the latest Edge version is using Chromium, right? So IF that's really the case 4K ( that Edge is using chromium and it also does support 4K via Netflix) could possibly work when presenting itself as a chromium based browser.

I'm using the older non Chrome version of Edge and it plays 4K HDR fine. Of course I had to pay for the 'HEVC Video Extensions' app that cost £0.79 before Edge could do so.

Back