• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Feature Request - Netflix Trailer downloads

Current version has no ability to browse or download trailers. This would be a nice to have.

I know how u feel about that me too definitely curious what every movie's trailers look like especially classic trailers lol

One can watch trailers in the browser. Why bother spending your download token for a trailer? Unless, of course, you'd like to add it to your collection.

One can watch trailers in the browser. Why bother spending your download token for a trailer? Unless, of course, you'd like to add it to your collection.

Who are we to determine what a user may or may not "waste" their token on :) Unless you can add an option in settings perhaps to "download trailer when available" which would download the trailer (for free? non-token) with the first tv-show episode download (or full movie)

As someone who collects high quality and 5.1 audio trailers (which are surprisingly hard to come by), I would love if you guys made this a feature. Same for Prime, which already has some trailers downloadable under extras, but only for some series and never for movies.

Netflix trailers don't have DRM, I just tested and was able to download them, so there's no need for AnyStream support.

How exactly did you accomplish this? I've been trying on some trailers and can't figure it out. Please PM me if you're willing. Some trailers for Netflix originals are different on their site vs the YouTube ones.

Other than having 5.1 audio and/or being able to download all the language tracks for audio/subs, I don't see any issue with downloading trailers from YouTube so I'd rather like to see download queue or gather several audio tracks using single token.

Just my two cents. Good morning, btw. :)

Good morning.

I'm specifically referring to trailers for Netflix originals. There's a great deal to gain to me by being able to download them from Netflix and get higher quality, maybe 5.1 audio, as well as trailer versions only available on Netflix. As someone who collects trailers, I'd value that very much. I don't think it has to be an either or situation. Why can't we have download queue, several audio tracks, and trailers? :)

I'm for spending tokens on trailers as I too have been know to collect them, one reason being sometimes they include scenes that don't make it into the film / show and youtube is the most common alternative and their video quality (IMO) is garbage.

if you pull up the page for a title in your web browser while you are not logged in, there's a json blob in the page source that contains urls for all of the trailers. (search for "supplementalVideos" and then keep scrolling right). Since extracting those urls is a bit of a pain, I cooked up this inelegant python script that dumps all the trailers it finds in the Netflix URL you give it. depends on beautifulsoup4 and requests (available in pip)

uploading with a .txt extension, since .py is blocked

Attachments

• getTrailers.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 37
if you pull up the page for a title in your web browser while you are not logged in, there's a json blob in the page source that contains urls for all of the trailers. (search for "supplementalVideos" and then keep scrolling right). Since extracting those urls is a bit of a pain, I cooked up this inelegant python script that dumps all the trailers it finds in the Netflix URL you give it. depends on beautifulsoup4 and requests (available in pip)

uploading with a .txt extension, since .py is blocked

Thanks for that method!

Unfortunately it's not quite what I'm after. The resulting files are actually a little worse than the YouTube quality trailers as far as sharpness and compression. When you're logged in, the trailers are significantly better quality and in 5.1 (I suspect, I don't know this for sure). I am after a way to get those nice high quality versions.

As someone who collects high quality and 5.1 audio trailers (which are surprisingly hard to come by), I would love if you guys made this a feature. Same for Prime, which already has some trailers downloadable under extras, but only for some series and never for movies.
Honestly, trailers are outside the scope of this program and Prospere makes the obvious point about why anyone would consider this as a feature.
Why bother spending your download token for a trailer?
You can use any video downloader plug-in to download non-DRM content.

Current version has no ability to browse or download trailers. This would be a nice to have.

I agree. I used to do the same for hard to find trailers on Amazon Prime (I'm a trailer maniac just like you). I'm wondering if there could be a power user option in AnyStream that would open a tab allowing you to visit Amazon or Netlix (or even a regional streaming service) so that you could play an unsupported video (trailer) and get the KEY/KID written to the log window. Then power users could take care of the rest.

You can use any video downloader plug-in to download non-DRM content.

Could you point me to one that will download the high quality Netflix trailers? If you guys don't want to add to the program then that's fine, but I've tried a bunch of stuff and can't download high-quality (emphasis on high quality here) trailers for Netflix originals from Netflix itself. I'll be satisfied if I can figure it out. Shoot me a PM if that's better. I'd just appreciate some guidance and I won't feel the need to keep asking. I've figured out Amazon Prime trailers, but the same method does not work for the high quality ones from Netflix.

Back