• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

question about limitations

Pattafix

i have a question about the limitations

it says on the url that 280 downloads per week are possible. does this apply to all downloads or per VOD provider? as example 280 at amazon prime and 280 from netflix?

is there a possibility to decide on the number yourself in near future?

thanks for the clarification. then the limit would be rather suboptimal, especially if further streaming services are included later.

There's no guarantee ANY of the current suggested ones will be added. If they are well, maybe that number will increase or people will just have to be patient and wait for "the bucket" to refill with tokens.

that's right it is up to you whether you add more providers or not.

but hope dies in the end. i think your application is very well done. but what personally discourages me is that you buy such limitations.

whether you ride them out privately for yourself or not plays no role in my eyes.

i just don't like any limitations because i like to decide what i do with it, especially if you pay for an application.

do not misunderstand but it is just my opinion.

still great work the coders from redfox.bz!

thanks for the clarification. then the limit would be rather suboptimal, especially if further streaming services are included later.

It's actually 380, because it's an initial 100 plus 280 refills, so to speak.

Per week.

If and when more providers are added, who's to say that won't change?

T

this is the question it was originally about.

if you remember :)

this is the question it was originally about.

if you remember :)

The future.

Hard to see, it is. LOL!!!

I thought the original question was whether we can decide on a personal limit.

I don't know but I doubt that would happen.

It's not a very good way to prevent over-use or abuse.

T

that's right it is up to you whether you add more providers or not.

but hope dies in the end. i think your application is very well done. but what personally discourages me is that you buy such limitations.

whether you ride them out privately for yourself or not plays no role in my eyes.

i just don't like any limitations because i like to decide what i do with it, especially if you pay for an application.

do not misunderstand but it is just my opinion.

still great work the coders from redfox.bz!

Not up to me, not my application. As to not liking the limitations. Had the initial versions not being abused during trial, there would have been no limitations. And by abusing, i mean abusing. The audio/video licensing server (which AnyStream contacts prior to each download, see the FAQ) was getting absolutely HAMMERED with video/audio license request from dozens of trial versions, HUNDREDS of requests over short periods of time. Each and every one done by a trial user, NO EXCEPTIONS.

If i were to guess it would be because the first 2 releases were unlimited in terms of downloads, so trial users were i'm guessing planning to do a "hit and run". "Hit and Run" here meaning to grab AS MUCH AS THEY CAN, WHILE THEY CAN for as long as the trial period is and then never come back (not buying a license). To prevent such abuse, the limitation system was implemented.

As unfortunate as it is, you have those abusers to thank for the limits.

I didn't know that the first versions were probably without a limitation and that the people took advantage of it.

that shows then in addition, that the people did not deserve it. then you should still demand money for a small demo to prevent such a thing.

with money most people learn for the first time what it is all about.

Anyway, it is sad to hear that through such people who have taken advantage of it, we now have to suffer.

i will still decide to buy it. to give support to the programmer and operator of the redfox

thanks to you both for the enlightenment

I bought a lifetime license, I have been waiting for software like this for a long time. It is not horrible that there are limitations, I can live with that.

However, as a personal preference, I would like to see them increased. I am not here to debate it, because at the end of the day, I paid for the software and knew there were limits going in, so I am getting exactly what I paid for. :)

However, I just wanted to add my feedback that this is something I would like to see happen. Thanks!

Happy 1 year subscriber here. I did debate a lifetime purchase but settled for 1 year :)

Just a question re the timing of the week. I bought the app mid week so does it mean my allowance would run weekly from that start day, or run Monday to Sunday every week?

I tend to use it a lot more at the weekend and wanted to plan my use.

Thanks for the very useful app.

Neither. There's no reset day. Assume for a moment you've never downloaded anything with AS yet.

As a registered user you now have a token bucket pre-filled with 100 tokens. You then proceed to grab 10 episodes of a tv show. That leaves your bucket at 90. You then don't download anything for a little while. Every 36 minutes 1 token gets added to the empty 'space' in your bucket. So 36min after your last download you'd be back up to 91, another 36 later your up to 92, you then download 3 movies, so your bucket count drops to 89. You then don't download anything again. The 36m counter starts again. 36m later you're back up to 90.

When the bucket is empty it takes approx 2.5d to get the full 100 tokens again. This combined with the constant refilling allows for approximately 280 downloads per week. (Wether your 'week' starts on a Monday or a Thursday is irrelevant)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Is 100 the limit of tokens per account at any given time?

Say, if I don't download anything for a full month, will I have 100 tokens? Or somewhere around 1120?

When the bucket is empty it takes approx 2.5d to get the full 100 tokens again

Fair Use Policy said:
found here - A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100.

Sounds like it tops off at 100 and never more regardless of inactivity ....

Neither. There's no reset day. Assume for a moment you've never downloaded anything with AS yet.

As a registered user you now have a token bucket pre-filled with 100 tokens. You then proceed to grab 10 episodes of a tv show. That leaves your bucket at 90. You then don't download anything for a little while. Every 36 minutes 1 token gets added to the empty 'space' in your bucket. So 36min after your last download you'd be back up to 91, another 36 later your up to 92, you then download 3 movies, so your bucket count drops to 89. You then don't download anything again. The 36m counter starts again. 36m later you're back up to 90.

When the bucket is empty it takes approx 2.5d to get the full 100 tokens again. This combined with the constant refilling allows for approximately 280 downloads per week. (Wether your 'week' starts on a Monday or a Thursday is irrelevant)

Aha I get it. Thanks. So essentially if I dled roughly 40 a day that would be enough to renew back to 100 by the following day (or 24 hours from last dl)

That sounds very cool! Thanks

Say, if I don't download anything for a full month, will I have 100 tokens? Or somewhere around 1120?
The bucket caps at 100 at three moment and doesn't 'save' up unused tokens and carries them over.

100 is the most you'll have at any given time.

This combined with the constant refilling allows for approximately 280 downloads per week.

It's actually 380 downloads a week, 'cause it's the initial 100 downloads allotted + up to 280 refills.

There's no reset day.

I didn't understand this either.

When 380 per week was specified, my thought was, ok if I happen to use up 380 (however unlikely), when will my 100 replenish again.

But actually it's just the way the numbers work out.

If the tokens replenish at a rate of one each 36 minutes, then...

60 minutes in a hour times 24 hours in a day times 7 days in a week = the number of minutes in a week....

... divided by 36 minutes to add a token = 280 tokens added each week.

No time limit is set - it's just the math.

T

To clarify.

1 token is required for one 25 minute TV Episode or a 3 hour film, it is per download irrespective of duration

To clarify.

1 token is required for one 25 minute TV Episode or a 3 hour film, it is per download irrespective of duration
Yes, duration is irrelevant. 1 download is 1 token. Regardless of what it is you download.

Back