• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Troy Director's Cut on Bluray error

bachuka

I'm using the latest version of AnyDVD and PDVD and Nvidia drivers for my 8600 gts and Vista 32. I've been able to backup all hd dvd's and bluray movies till now except this one. See attached for the error messages....any clues or ideas?

Attachments

• pdvderror.jpg
    pdvderror.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 28
  • anydvderror.jpg
    anydvderror.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 31
  • anydvderror2.jpg
    anydvderror2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 31
Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray only plays from hard drive :)

Cool!

I also have some news.

Yesterday I bought "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray in a local store. I have to confess that I hoped to see what you saw with "Troy" (and report here :)) as I read about planned certificate revocation.

Instead it turned out that AnyDVD HD decrypted it fine (I could play individual .m2ts files), but PowerDVD did not play the disc as a whole with or without AnyDVD enabled. WinDVD BD for VAIO did not play it either.

Guess what? After I copied the disc to hard drive, PowerDVD started playing it! Which is somewhat funny. :)

Last edited:
Cool!

I also have some news.

Yesterday I bought "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray in a local store. I have to confess that I hoped to see what you saw with "Troy" (and report here :)) as I read about planned certificate revocation.

Instead it turned out that AnyDVD HD decrypted it fine (I could play individual .m2ts files), but PowerDVD did not play the disc as a whole with or without AnyDVD enabled. WinDVD BD for VAIO did not play it either.

Guess what? After I copied the disc to hard drive, PowerDVD started playing it! Which is somewhat funny. :)

What country are you in as I can't find it anywhere with a release date before Oct 30th

What country are you in as I can't find it anywhere with a release date before Oct 30th

Check out this:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/794798

It says: Released: Tuesday, 18 September 2007

So we are ahead of the planet here in Australia!

I bought it in another store though, but it's not present on their web site.

I was quite surprised to see it on shelves as I remembered that it supposed to appear sometime in October or November on Amazon.

Apparently the box set is also available. It just was not in store when I was there.

Very strange.
Is it actually region coded? I have a region A player and know you're region B down there. But would consider buying it and shipping over if I knew it was region free

Last edited:
Very strange.
Is it actually region coded? I have a region A player and know you're region B down there. But would consider buying it and shipping over if I knew it was region free

It's region free. It shows "ABC" on the box.

On Amazon it's going to be a bit cheaper than here though.

EDIT: But 3 Disc Box Set could be Region B according to the web site: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/794801. They might show incorrect info though.

ANOTHER EDIT: I exchanged "Spider-Man 3" for the Box Set. It is also region free.

Last edited:
I'm using the latest version of AnyDVD and PDVD and Nvidia drivers for my 8600 gts and Vista 32. I've been able to backup all hd dvd's and bluray movies till now except this one. See attached for the error messages....any clues or ideas?

Bachuka, can you do me a favor?

Can you

dir /S > dir.txt

and attach the dir.txt to a posting here?
Also please attach the file MKB_RO.inf (better zip it first, it will compress a lot) from the AACS directory.

Thanks!
(You may also send the files to bugs _at_ slysoft.com, if you don't want to post them here).

Bachuka, can you do me a favor?

Can you

dir /S > dir.txt

and attach the dir.txt to a posting here?
Also please attach the file MKB_RO.inf (better zip it first, it will compress a lot) from the AACS directory.

Thanks!
(You may also send the files to bugs _at_ slysoft.com, if you don't want to post them here).

I'm not sure what you mean by these steps. Will you explain it step by step and I'll be happy to do it.

I'm not sure what you mean by these steps. Will you explain it step by step and I'll be happy to do it.

Ok, sure.
First of all this requires that you have access to the directory structure on the disc (so if you're running XP, a UDF2.5 file system driver must be installed - vista already has it built in). Otherwise, there's nothing you can do.

Let's say your hard drive is c: and your Bluray drive is e:, then open a command window (sometimes referred to as "DOS box", which it really isn't :) ) and type

e:
cd \
dir /S > c:\dir.txt

That creates a file that contains a listing of the directory contents of the disc.
Then I'd like you to send me that file.
Also the file e:\aacs\MKB_RO.inf.

Ok, sure.
First of all this requires that you have access to the directory structure on the disc (so if you're running XP, a UDF2.5 file system driver must be installed - vista already has it built in). Otherwise, there's nothing you can do.

Let's say your hard drive is c: and your Bluray drive is e:, then open a command window (sometimes referred to as "DOS box", which it really isn't :) ) and type

e:
cd \
dir /S > c:\dir.txt

That creates a file that contains a listing of the directory contents of the disc.
Then I'd like you to send me that file.
Also the file e:\aacs\MKB_RO.inf.

Here you go

Attachments

• troy.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 19
Hopefully see an updated build for this at some point. My one use of AnyDVD HD is for HDCP removal. Insane that I've got 2 HD capable displays which I love, but because they aren't HDCP capable, I have to turn to measures like this. But anyway, I figure SlySoft will have a fix for it soon. Until then, I've got my Troy Director's Cut BD sitting and waiting... ;-)

I'm waiting for an update too, so I can rip my copy to harddrive

Back