• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How does one get SRT subtitles without Burn-In?

kws53

To get SRT subs, one has to choose the subtitle. Once doing that it seems that the subtitle is also burned in.
Seems counter-productive...

Or am I doing something wrong?

You're doing something wrong. You specify through settings is you want them burned in (embedded) or separate.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You're doing something wrong. You specify through settings is you want them burned in (embedded) or separate.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
is it allowed to send a screenshot to make it clear where to find this setting ?

All I know is I chose English subtitles and chose SRT. I received a separate SRT file - AND the subtitles were burned in. They are NOT muxed inside the MP4.

Burned-in and embedded are different - burned-in is part of the video. Embedded is when the subtitle file (SRT/SUP/SUB, etc) is muxed in the container. Separate is a file outside of the container.

is it allowed to send a screenshot to make it clear where to find this setting ?

Just open AnyStream. Go to "File->Settings" select the "Download" tab. There is the "Subtitles" section at the bottom. You may select one of the three options:

• Embedded
  • SRT file
  • TTML file

Again folks - I selected SRT and received a separate SRT file (good!) and a burned-in subtitle on my video (bad!) - on the SAME download.

Tons of Amazon movies already have burned in subtitles and also have separate subtitle tracks, this is very common. You can test this yourself by playing the movie on the actual Amazon website and then manually turning off subtitles in the settings to see if you still see the translations on the screen.

ah now i understand. sry
ya f.e. aniverse, german anime channel on amazon hosted by KSM Anime GmbH
is deliviring hardsubs on there simulcast fall 2020 animes.
but there is the only thing which keeps you wondering "language german" but it is japanese and no subs selectable.

something like that is probably on your end too.

Back