• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request - download queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MovieFan

This is similar to the request here:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/amazon-add-batch-for-download-all-episode-of-season.79251/
Or #3 here:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/read-me-feature-requests-made-during-beta-testing.79058/

But not exactly. That suggestion was for a batch download of a single program, but multiple episodes.

My suggestion is the ability to create a download "queue" similar to the way Handbrake can queue up jobs. Start or add one download to the queue, then have the ability to go find a second, potentially completely unrelated title, to add to that queue so when one title is complete it automatically starts the next when even if it's not within the same title.

Consecutive downloads of unrelated titles? Thats a new one indeed. @Prospere will need to judge this before i can add it to the request list.

+1

I think it's a good idea. Especially for those of us who are trying to stick to realtime to avoid any problems with detection and being banned by the provider. We could set up a download queue before bed and let it do it's work while we're sleeping and then when you wake up you have around 8 things downloaded. Fingers crossed this gets implemented!

+1

We could set up a download queue before bed and let it do it's work while we're sleeping and then when you wake up you have around 8 things downloaded.
That's precisely what I was thinking!

Interesting,...

I’m not entirely sure why there is any concern about the streaming service provider detecting or suspecting anything. However, I will say this:

If a streaming service such as Netflix or Amazon (to name a few) allow for multiple simultaneous streams then there is no reason for an application such as AnyStream not to make use of it and allow for multiple simultaneous download streams from the same provider at any given time. If the limit is, for example, 4 simultaneous streams from Netflix (depending on the specific account that the user pays for) then AnyStream would ideally be able to do just that in addition to multiple simultaneous streams from Amazon at the same time. Keep in mind that this is a limit that Netflix and Amazon sets themselves based on what the customer pays for the services so that should be the limiting factor.

If a request is made that exceeds the limited number of streams from either Netflix or Amazon it becomes untenable and should automatically be rejected by the streaming services themselves not some artificial limit set in the tools used to access said services.

If Netflix can do support up to 4 streams and Amazon supports up to 2 streams then ideally AnyStream should be able to support up to 4 + 2 simultaneous streams.

+1
Good idea.
If there might be any concerns about providers getting alarmed, you could allow batch downloads only if the download speed is set to realtime.
That would be totally satisfying for me.

+1
Good idea.
If there might be any concerns about providers getting alarmed, you could allow batch downloads only if the download speed is set to realtime.
That would be totally satisfying for me.
I understand that concern, but that's really the problem of the downloader. There is a warning if you choose anything other than 1X that you could be banhammered. If someone still does it, that's not anyone else's problem either way.

If Netflix can do support up to 4 streams and Amazon supports up to 2 streams then ideally AnyStream should be able to support up to 4 + 2 simultaneous streams
I suppose, but I'd be happy to just be able to queue them up!

I suppose, but I'd be happy to just be able to queue them up!

I concur,....

A stream queue would seem like a reasonable barebones feature, which, is not to suggest that Redfox doesn’t have an excellent software product on their hands with AnyStream.

It’s just that there are competing products that are on the market and have been around for years that already allow for a sizable queue (blended from multiple different supported streaming services). AnyStream does some things better such as video quality, higher resolution, better audio quality and the ability to download from two different services at the same time. Why not build on that to support the stream limits of the services in question?

There are limiting factors beyond what the services will allow that should be considered such as the given speed / bandwidth of an individuals internet service, internet service caps, HDD capabilities (speed) with respect to multiple streams and so on,....

If those are hard limits then so be it but that is on an individual bases and it’s ideal not to have a tool like AnyStream setting artificial limits in anticipation of some possible limits that may or may not apply.

If it’s a concern though with respect to a queue then perhaps in addition to a 1:1 stream limit there can also be a scheduler to setup likely viewing (downloading) hours or an off-hours scheduler. Possibly a subscription setup to download any new episodes so that they are automatically added to a queue as soon as they become available,....

Option to auto move to the top of the queue any subscription shows that are added,...so they can be prioritized in the queue,...

Last edited:
This whole time I thought the Batch Download request was to queue up individual titles, but apparently I didn't read it correctly.

So, +1 absolutely for this request. The ability to queue multiple titles would improve AnyStream tremendously, especially for those of us who are actually using the 1x speed option since we could let it run all day or overnight.

If we get a download quee and multiaudio possible download that became a insta bouhgt for me.

A download que would be nice but Red Fox should keep in mind if thousand of users start to rip off these streaming giants it would create so much internet trafic that they will respond with exclusions to save their bandwidt. I think it would be a mistake to give people an automated possibillity to just download everything. The que shouldnt be able to handle more than 10 downloads = a typical season of a random serie. It would be smart to avoid open confrontations with the streaming companies.

+1 for the idea...
even,if the user would need to supply eg. a txt file for the app to fetch the links... (if it's too complicated to add in the GUI next to the video something like "add to download queue" ...)
eg.
(example)

https://www.amazon.com/New-York-John-Abraham/dp/B073SGF1GM/
https://www.amazon.com/WFKE-News-Kardashian-Assaulted-Chyna/dp/B0791MSJMC/

most importantly i would love to see the feature for the app to add the whole season of an series to the download queue,so i can leave it running,and go/do my other things, instead
of looking at my computer screen thinking "did it already download the first episode,so i can download the 2nd, and then the thirteenth rest..." :p
that is quite irritating.
so the user could make an text file,to supply the "playlist" for the downloader to get the stuff from. (obviously it is a way cooler if this thing is implemented in the app itself,but even external download list file would be better ,than not at all... imho)

Code your links please!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

so the user could make an text file,to supply the "playlist" for the downloader to get the stuff from. (obviously it is a way cooler if this thing is implemented in the app itself,but even external download list file would be better ,than not at all... imho)

A straight forward implementation is much better.

Clicking download puts the title on the Queue. If empty it just starts, if not it waits in line.

Of course, once there's a Queue then everyone would want Queue management: Rearrange the order, move items to top or bottom, delete items, pause Queue, clear Queue, etc.

I'm sure this isn't a simple undertaking.

And yeah, it's probably safer to build in some limits.

Not sure how I feel about only allowing 1X downloading from the Queue, but having a max number of items there is probably essential.

Also preventing running a Queue 24/7/52. LOL!

T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back