• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon: License Request Creation Failed

Our refund policy is in place to mean, that you can't get a refund just based on "oh, I figured, it's not the right application for me after all". The trial is available to find out whether the program basically fits your needs.
Refunds have been granted nonetheless in the past for other reasons.
Not having known about the limitation in advance (which we didn't either), is one of them.
Or are you going to tell me that we shouldn't grant refunds, because of our policy, now?

I'm telling you what is written clearly on the website. That constitutes a legal contract. If you are making exceptions to your policy, then it should be stated somewhere, just like your limitations (and not somewhere deeply hidden like a forum).

>Also, I can promise you this: if you do download at 1x, it is going to be impossible to ever reach the limit set for the licensed version.

Great... now if I could only buy it.

Our refund policy is in place to mean, that you can't get a refund just based on "oh, I figured, it's not the right application for me after all". The trial is available to find out whether the program basically fits your needs.
Refunds have been granted nonetheless in the past for other reasons.
Not having known about the limitation in advance (which we didn't either), is one of them.
Or are you going to tell me that we shouldn't grant refunds, because of our policy, now?

As I explained in a post earlier, that error message was being generated from the start, but due to a bug in v1.0.1.1 and earlier, it failed to show. Version 1.0.2.0, which is being prepared for release, properly displays it. It also tells you when you can resume downloading.
Also, I can promise you this: if you do download at 1x, it is going to be impossible to ever reach the limit set for the licensed version.

any law student will tell you that a contract must be honored, upon purchase it and nowhere say that the software will be limited in its use

Last edited:
I'm telling you what is written clearly on the website. That constitutes a legal contract. If you are making exceptions to your policy, then it should be stated somewhere, just like your limitations (and not somewhere deeply hidden like a forum).

>Also, I can promise you this: if you do download at 1x, it is going to be impossible to ever reach the limit set for the licensed version.

Great... now if I could only buy it.

You've been super negative about everything dealing with this product yet are super adamant about buying it. What's the real issue here?

You've been super negative about everything dealing with this product yet are super adamant about buying it. What's the real issue here?

You mean I'm expecting a minimal standard of service? This isn't open source software you know. And it's not inexpensive by any stretch.

You mean I'm expecting a minimal standard of service? This isn't open source software you know. And it's not inexpensive by any stretch.

They addressed everything and you keep grasping at complaints. They've already talked about the payment options. Discussed refunds. Discussed limits. They constantly post about what they're working on and when the next version is coming out. And, for someone so excited about spending 100$, you don't make it sound like it's expensive.

Furthermore, 100$ for something that does what this does isn't that expensive [lifetime license btw]. Anyone in this hobby isn't on a make or break budget where 100$ cripples them; if that's the case you're in the wrong hobby. It sounds like you just want to get back to ripping as much content as possible and are perturbed your 1st world problem hasn't been resolved yet.

(MOD HAT ON)

Attention EVERYONE: I have been asked by forum admins (MY SUPERVISORS on this forum) to make the following VERY CLEAR. This forum is meant for constructive feedback and posts to assist other users. It is NOT meant to discuss technical details of how anyone THINKS AnyStream does or might work! Unless you work for RedFox with access to the source code, you are making assumptions based on guesswork.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Anyone discussing assumed technical details about AnyStream and how it might work, WILL SEE THEIR FORUM ACCOUNT SUSPENDED, PERMANENTLY AND IMMEDIATELY! NO EXCEPTIONS!

(MOD HAT OFF)

Just an FYI, final numbers on download limits have been published. You can find them on the main website or in the FAQ.

Just an FYI, final numbers on download limits have been published. You can find them on the main website or in the FAQ.

Just read this.

I think having download limits is a good thing if it prevents bone-head abuse.

Guess there will always be those who ruin things for the majority.

I'm just a little unclear how it works for licensed users.

Do you get the 100 download initial allotment each month on the first day of the month? Or another date?

After you've done the initial 100, then are you limited to one download every 36 minutes? From either source?

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about anything here, just trying to better understand...

T

The numbers are both providers combined. For licensed users, they're not per month. It's clearly stated PER WEEK ;). As to when that initial 100 weekly resets, i don't know yet, but if i were to guess i'd say on monday the beginning of your standard week.

For licensed users, they're not per month. It's clearly stated PER WEEK

I somehow misread and thought the 100-download allotment was per month.

Thanks for clearing that up.

As to when that initial 100 weekly resets, i don't know yet, but if i were to guess i'd say on monday the beginning of your standard week.

Sure.

Since it's a weekly reset, makes sense.

T

Out of curiosity do you know if those numbers are final final or final at the moment? The reason I ask is that ~280 downloads per week sounds like a lot but for some things it isn't, especially when it comes to TV Shows. Movies 280 would be a lot, but some shows (or a couple) can rack up the count rather quickly. I was doing some math and 280 download at say 20 minutes each only comes out to 3.8 days (if you do real-time; less if you go faster speeds). Typically throughout my entire house we have Netflix running a lot longer than that. If we were to bump it up to 45 minutes per episode then yeah that pushes us over the 8 day mark in real time which would make sense.

Just curious if anyone knows if they might change it to more varying factors later on or separating them into branches.

How do I know? Because they're on the website and came directly from forum admin and co-developer Pete. As to 280 not being much, I think you're underestimating things. Those numbers are per week as stated.

Most tv-shows by current standards are either around 10 or 20 episodes long. Now devide 280 by 10 or 20, and you get 28 or 14 SEASONS per week! I don't think you watch that many episodes in a week, do you? Cause I sure don't and you should see my Plex sever tv-show collection (and physical disc collection). It's massive, I don't have enough time in a day to watch all the stuff I still have pending.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

(MOD HAT ON)

Attention EVERYONE: I have been asked by forum admins (MY SUPERVISORS on this forum) to make the following VERY CLEAR. This forum is meant for constructive feedback and posts to assist other users. It is NOT meant to discuss technical details of how anyone THINKS AnyStream does or might work! Unless you work for RedFox with access to the source code, you are making assumptions based on guesswork.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Anyone discussing assumed technical details about AnyStream and how it might work, WILL SEE THEIR FORUM ACCOUNT SUSPENDED, PERMANENTLY AND IMMEDIATELY! NO EXCEPTIONS!

(MOD HAT OFF)

Even paying customers?

280 seems like a lot to me. I'd doubt I do that many in a year. Downloading that much in a week would be sure to raise flags at the respective provider anyway, once they start monitoring for such things - which is sure to come.

I'd still rather not have anyone monitoring my use. That is just trading one master for another.

And prohibiting the discussion of technical details with such extreme sanctions, that is just more master dominance of the same ilk.

My exuberance and excitement about this program has been popped like a balloon in just over a week. I still hope it goes well for the developers and anyone who chooses to use this software.

Even paying customers?
Yes, if your talking technical details. Prospere just said it again a couple hours ago. Discussing technical details that are confidential, are NOT to be posted on these forums. Regardless of the fact how smart or knowledgeable the person making those posts thinks they are.

There will be no exceptions. The forum is essentially only 2nd line of support anyway. Direct support for any product is and has always been though the ticket support option on the main website

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm just a little unclear how it works for licensed users.

Do you get the 100 download initial allotment each month on the first day of the month? Or another date?

After you've done the initial 100, then are you limited to one download every 36 minutes? From either source?
The numbers are both providers combined. For licensed users, they're not per month. It's clearly stated PER WEEK ;). As to when that initial 100 weekly resets, i don't know yet, but if i were to guess i'd say on monday the beginning of your standard week.

There were bound to be questions about that.
No, @Ch3vr0n , the "week" was an example, merely chosen to make the numbers more palpable.
Could have said "1210 per month" or "14610 per year".

Those "initial 100" are never going to be reset per se. Though if you wait 2.5 days without downloading, they will be full again automatically.

I'll try to explain this here, and maybe @Ch3vr0n will want to add it to a sticky.

The method is called a "Token Bucket".
Think of it as a bucket with 100 coins in it. Each coin can be spent for one download.
No coins left - no download.

Someone else is standing by and will drop a new coin into the bucket every 36 minutes (unless it's already full). That's 40 new coins a day.

That's the whole procedure.

Since this has been asked before: no, we're not "counting" your downloads. Our servers don't know how many movies you've downloaded, they only keep track of how many you could download right now in this minute.

The method allows to set a "rate" (in this case 1 per 36 minutes), but the bucket also allows for bursts up to 100.

Hello 21 day trial and limited why do you mind if people download 100 movies per day ? in this case as much suppressed this period of tests .
Fair Use Policy
Please note: using AnyStream is legal only for personal needs and without rights to share the downloaded material with third parties. Please respect copyrights of supported streaming providers.

The free 21-day trial version of AnyStream is limited to ~50 downloads. You have a quota of 50 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every day. This amounts to a maximum of 71 downloads over the trial period.

A valid AnyStream license is limited to ~280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were bound to be questions about that.
No, @Ch3vr0n , the "week" was an example, merely chosen to make the numbers more palpable.
Could have said "1210 per month" or "14610 per year".

Those "initial 100" are never going to be reset per se. Though if you wait 2.5 days without downloading, they will be full again automatically.

I'll try to explain this here, and maybe @Ch3vr0n will want to add it to a sticky.

The method is called a "Token Bucket".
Think of it as a bucket with 100 coins in it. Each coin can be spent for one download.
No coins left - no download.

Someone else is standing by and will drop a new coin into the bucket every 36 minutes (unless it's already full). That's 40 new coins a day.

That's the whole procedure.

Since this has been asked before: no, we're not "counting" your downloads. Our servers don't know how many movies you've downloaded, they only keep track of how many you could download right now in this minute.

The method allows to set a "rate" (in this case 1 per 36 minutes), but the bucket also allows for bursts up to 100.

Wow, I totally did not understand this before, it turns out!

Now super, super clear!!

Thanks so much, Pete.

Have to say, I like this set-up (better). It's much more flexible than how I first understood it to work.

T

Back