• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Artifacts in video 1.0.1.1 and 1.0.2.0

Timo E

I downloaded Dark - s01e08 and noticed artifacts during a short scene (00:00:17 - 00:00:23). I watched the whole episode, the problem occurred only this one time. When I downloaded the episode again, but canceled the download this time, the artifacts were gone (see screenshot). However, the sound stopped very briefly at about 00:00:01.5, which was not the case with the first download.
After that I downloaded Dark - s01e01 and I had artifacts again for a few seconds (00:00:21 - 00:00:23).
I downloaded the episode again and stopped early, the artifacts during this scene were gone again. But during this download artifacts appeared during the Netflix intro (00:00:00 - 00:00:05), see screenshot.
The videos of the interrupted downloads had a length of about 1 minute, the whole episodes of about 50 minutes.
I have attached log files for these downloads.
I tested another series (Black Mirror - s05e01) and had no artifacts or whatsoever.
All this happened to me with Anystream 1.0.2.0, but I had the same problem with version 1.0.1.1. With 1.0.1.0 the problem does not occur.

Attachments

• Dark - s01e08_artifacts.png
    Dark - s01e08_artifacts.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Dark - s01e01_artifacts.png
    Dark - s01e01_artifacts.png
    417.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Dark - s01e08 - As You Sow, so You Shall Reap.astlog
    215.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Dark - s01e08 - As You Sow, so You Shall Reap_canceled.astlog
    217.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Dark - s01e01 - Secrets.astlog
    219.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Dark - s01e01 - Secrets_canceled.astlog
    218.6 KB · Views: 1
Sadly I downloaded an entire season to then find out every episode had artifacts and glitches at the start ruining all my time spent. I'm double checking next time I download episodes. Waiting for the next update.

I noticed this issue on two episodes on Netflix using the first version of the app.1.0.1.0

The funny thing is that I restarted one ep, downloaded only say 1min and then it looked ok so I downloaded the whole thing again, same problem.

I will have to check my Amazon too as I did not when I started using this.

I downloaded Dark - s01e08 and noticed artifacts during a short scene (00:00:17 - 00:00:23). I watched the whole episode, the problem occurred only this one time. When I downloaded the episode again, but canceled the download this time, the artifacts were gone (see screenshot). However, the sound stopped very briefly at about 00:00:01.5, which was not the case with the first download.
After that I downloaded Dark - s01e01 and I had artifacts again for a few seconds (00:00:21 - 00:00:23).
I downloaded the episode again and stopped early, the artifacts during this scene were gone again. But during this download artifacts appeared during the Netflix intro (00:00:00 - 00:00:05), see screenshot.
The videos of the interrupted downloads had a length of about 1 minute, the whole episodes of about 50 minutes.
I have attached log files for these downloads.
I tested another series (Black Mirror - s05e01) and had no artifacts or whatsoever.
All this happened to me with Anystream 1.0.2.0, but I had the same problem with version 1.0.1.1. With 1.0.1.0 the problem does not occur.

I had the same problem with "Outlaw Empires, episode 5: Nuestra Familia" with the video being messed up in the beginning for a brief moment.. (blocky artifacts on the screen..)
I redownloaded the episode but the same thing happened.
on another episode, there was a glitch on the audio with a "beep" sound briefly, but redownloading that episode, fixed the problem.
attached is a screenshot.

edit: i should add i am talking about amazon prime. (and using v1.0.1.1) :)

Attachments

• blocky_artifacts.jpg
    blocky_artifacts.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 22
It's really essential, to add a log file for the problematic downloads.

It's really essential, to add a log file for the problematic downloads.

I will install the latest update shortly, and try to re-download with it, if the problem persists, will add the log. :)

the blocky artifacts are still there with the latest version.. :(
(i even verified by looking at the video on a web-browser,and it's clean on amazon's site..)
attached is the log.

Attachments

• Amazon-Outlaw Empires_S01E05_Nuestra Familia.astlog
    35 KB · Views: 3
Same here and alot of series have those glitches sadly most of the times in the first few seconds

Yes, Same here and alot of series have those glitches sadly most of the times in the first few seconds

The cause is already found. It's only a single frame that is broken (it affects a few dependent frames after that, of course).
Fix coming...

Thanks, And dare to add the CBR please hehehe

The cause is already found. It's only a single frame that is broken (it affects a few dependent frames after that, of course).
Fix coming...
Was the bug introduced with some new version or it exists from beginning?
All downloads were affected, or just specific ones?

I'm asking to know if I should check part of my downloads, check all of my downloads or just wipe all of them.

Nice work on that quick fix. +1 for CBR again. Will buy the license as soon as NF login is fixed and CC payment enabled.
Any ETA on either? Got 10 days left on my trial

Go get it and let me know.

Perfect, version 1.0.3.1 BETA no gliches in amazon. :thankyou:

Now for the CBR that all the new series I have pending because the VBR is bad hehehe :dance:

Was the bug introduced with some new version or it exists from beginning?
All downloads were affected, or just specific ones?

I'm asking to know if I should check part of my downloads, check all of my downloads or just wipe all of them.

Yeah. I used only 1.0.1.0 64 bit and I wondered if this early version was affected too on Amazon? I tested 7 files and they seemed OK but not sure if I need to check everything?

Thanks for the update btw.

Back