• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

virtual clone drive not running some pc games

boogoodie

Hi, I have noticed lately that virtual clone drive can not run some pc games, unless of course you have the disk. I am sure it has something to do with the protection on those pc games, is there any way that virtual clone drive can over come this and if not now, will there be any improvments to virtual clone drive to enable it to play these new pc game titles.

I had read somewhere that it has something to do with our computers having scsi based cd/dvd roms. Not entirely sure what that is all about, but it is causing conflict with newer pc games.

Which games don't run? And please scan these games with Protection ID.

Are you running AnyDVD, as well? How did you copy the game disc? Did you use another SlySoft product to do so?

On the most pc games, specially on the newer games are copy protections.

You can burn or copy this games to your hdd or you use any other method, but the most game won't work.

so the images are full of errors when copy done and a use of these images are not successfully.

Ok, so far the games I have encountered that won't play are, Runaway 2, 80 days and echo the lost caverns. Admittedly I have downloaded these games onto my hard drive. They will install, but won't play without a disk. I have done this before with other games and they play ok. I think it is just the protection that has been placed on those titles. It is much harder to work around.

Also to KoRn, you wanted me to scan the games with protection ID, I don't know what that is. Obviously it is a programme to detect the protection placed on a game, but where do I get it from?

Yeah, I had the same problem with Evil Dead Regeneration, Madden 2006 and Quake 4. Maybe try another CD copying application for those pesky new copy protections. I was able to get Quake 4 working with Alcohol 120%.

Ok, so far the games I have encountered that won't play are, Runaway 2, 80 days and echo the lost caverns. Admittedly I have downloaded these games onto my hard drive. They will install, but won't play without a disk. I have done this before with other games and they play ok. I think it is just the protection that has been placed on those titles. It is much harder to work around.

Also to KoRn, you wanted me to scan the games with protection ID, I don't know what that is. Obviously it is a programme to detect the protection placed on a game, but where do I get it from?

Google helps!:D

protection ID5.1f

Thanks for the info guys, but I was wondering once I scan the game with this pid software and it tells me what protection has been used, what good does that do me? How do I use that info to help me play the game? Sorry, bit of a novice at this sort of thing. I do use Daemon tools as well as virtual clone drive. Whichever one will run a game for me. I have heard of Alcohol120% and gave it a bit of a try, but decided I liked the ones I was using better. And Alcohol couldn't run the games either.

I am having a problem with a game right now as well.
I get the following error.

"CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game"

I want to play this game without the CD as I do alot of travel. I do not want to haul this CD with me all the time with the chance of me either losing it or breaking it.
So with that said, is it an issue with VirtualClone Drive? Or is it something that VirtualClone Drive cannot resolve?
Should I be looking at GameJackal Pro?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

I am having a problem with a game right now as well.
I get the following error.

"CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game"

I want to play this game without the CD as I do alot of travel. I do not want to haul this CD with me all the time with the chance of me either losing it or breaking it.
So with that said, is it an issue with VirtualClone Drive? Or is it something that VirtualClone Drive cannot resolve?
Should I be looking at GameJackal Pro?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

You should disable your virtual drive, and try GameJackal.

Back