• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downloaded Movies / No audio.

Bellringer

I've downloaded 3 different movies from Amazon, I'm getting the same result no audio from all 3.

Log attached.

Attachments

• Amazon-Five-O.astlog
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
I've downloaded 3 different movies from Amazon, I'm getting the same result no audio from all 3.

Log attached.
Just to check, what are you using for playback? I had that happen to me using Windows Media Player for playback, no audio on all. Using MPC-HC they all work fine.

I have seen the same issue when downloading movies from Amazon with stereo audio. It's not that the files don't have audio, it's that it's in a less than compatible format.

Looking at the hex data for the audio, shows that it's in raw aac format, which can be unplayable with certain hardware and software, and cannot easily be demuxed or even decoded using typical tools.

It would be helpful if AnyStream could add adts frame headers to the audio to make it more compatible. It would simply require adding a 7 byte frame header to each aac frame.

AnyStream is merely a downloader application and has no ability to process neither audio nor video streams.

Well that's not exactly true is it? I can download lots of streams from Amazon without AnyStream. None of them play though.
There's already processing going on. This would just be an extra tiny bit.

Just to check, what are you using for playback? I had that happen to me using Windows Media Player for playback, no audio on all. Using MPC-HC they all work fine.
I use PLEX for playback, no audio. When I use Windows Media Player all the downloads work fine.:banghead:

Well that's not exactly true is it? I can download lots of streams from Amazon without AnyStream. None of them play though.
There's already processing going on. This would just be an extra tiny bit.
None of them plays because they are encrypted. Decryption and stream processing is not the same.

This issue seems to have been fixed in v1.0.3. AAC audio is now including the ADTS headers. That should greatly improve compatibility. Thanks for the attention. :)

Back