• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Question] License Request Creation Failed (Amazon/Netflix)

Lenka Utsugi

Recently there is a limitation implemented on downloading from AnyStream. Because many users (me) downloading like tons of movies/shows, which I believe its normal. But as business point of view developers dont want us to rip all the contents we need in the given trial period, which is fair too.

But there are few things which needed to be clear, So users can enjoy this product.

1. What are the limitation?

2. How many downloads per day/hour?

3. Is downloading in realtime wont give any limit?

4. Is there different rule for TV Shows and Movies?

5. Downloading same video in multiple audio cause the limit?

6. Will paid version also have limitation in downloading?

7. Once you get the error how much long is cool down period? (My Case 9 hrs, still same error)

Even Paid User get this error
how could it be possible that i am as a paid user is affected by something which should affect free/trial users (who has abused trials)?

My friend installed anystream for first time and tried downloading an episode in two languages, He had to download two times same thing because of no multi audio support. And Just after that he got the limitation error. Whats the Catch?

Last edited:
None of that is known yet. As pete said, they're still discussing the technicalities. When things are known, they'll inform everyone.

how could it be possible that i am as a paid user is affected by something which should affect free/trial users (who has abused trials)?

Please create your own topic, do not hijack some else's with an unrelated question.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

But as business point of view developers dont want us to rip all the contents we need in the given trial period, which is fair too.

I don't agree with this. No one will be able to rip everything they want just from a time perspective alone. There's no seasonal downloading and sitting there waiting for each episode to hit download one by one is impossible for most people. Furthermore, online service providers frequently add and remove shows/movies so when your Anystream trial expires, you'll need to buy the product to download any new shows. I'm on a trial right now but I haven't purchased it yet because of two main reasons:

1) The product doesn't work. Netflix login is broken and Amazon downloading is blocked.

2) Nebulous trial conditions (if it's true).

My main issue is #1. Would you buy a car that didn't work at all with a promise that it would get fixed at some point in the future? If this were a car, it would be recalled. I don't see why we have such lowered standards for software.

Recently there is a limitation implemented on downloading from AnyStream. Because many users (me) downloading like tons of movies/shows, which I believe its normal. But as business point of view developers dont want us to rip all the contents we need in the given trial period, which is fair too.

But there are few things which needed to be clear, So users can enjoy this product.

1. What are the limitation?
2. How many downloads per day/hour?
3. Is downloading in realtime wont give any limit?
4. Is there different rule for TV Shows and Movies?
5. Downloading same video in multiple audio cause the limit?
6. Will paid version also have limitation in downloading?
7. Once you get the error how much long is cool down period? (My Case 9 hrs, still same error)

Even Paid User get this error
My friend installed anystream for first time and tried downloading an episode in two languages, He had to download two times same thing because of no multi audio support. And Just after that he got the limitation error. Whats the Catch?

I can't address all of the questions fully, yet.
What I can say is: at the moment, trials are limited to 10 downloads per day.
The state has been manually reset a few minutes ago - meaning as of now you can get your 10 downloads, if you use them up, you'll get 1 download every 2.4 hours from then on.
Paid licenses will likely have a limit as well - though obviously it will be much higher. Undecided, yet.

Super-Power-Downloaders will not be happy, it's up to them if they are going to be OK with the terms or not. It's not our aim to support piracy, it never was, never will be.
We're about fair use here and 99.9% of our user base will be fine with this.

Just to put briefly a different view. I don’t think downloading tons of shows is normal. More or less, I dont think anyone should be downloading more than can be watched in real time on the average. Anything more is not only piracy but is going to get the whole thing shut down pretty fast by a company like Amazon. And I am perfectly happy to have my downloading throttled to enforce ‘reasonable use’.

I was thinking to buy this product, Since there is no multiple audio support. I have to download same episode 2 - 3 times in different language.. basically with this new limitation i can only able to download 3 episodes a day in a trial period which isnt good at all.

Multi-audio support has been requested since the early days of the closed beta. Initially flat-out denied, there was NO intention to implement it at all. However, recently this was changed to "under consideration", precisely based on repeated asking from multiple non-beta users. At least it's heading in the right direction.

That said, looks like you skipped or barely read Pete's reply. You're missing the part where the 10 downloads will only affect TRIAL users. and every 2.4hrs you'll get another one and that license holders will have a much higher one, IF they'll have one at all (hence the "likely" part)

Hopefully 10 downloads per provider. ;-)
Actually I don't really care and for me it's way enough during the trial period.

Though I am curious what the limit will be for paid licenses.
I guess I could live with a minimum of 36. ;-)

Hopefully 10 downloads per provider. ;-)
Actually I don't really care and for me it's way enough during the trial period.

Though I am curious what the limit will be for paid licenses.
I guess I could live with a minimum of 36. ;-)
in case you want to archive 720 and 1080p for your collection everything below 200 dls per month would be a hard restriction.

I can't address all of the questions fully, yet.
The state has been manually reset a few minutes ago - meaning as of now you can get your 10 downloads, if you use them up, you'll get 1 download every 2.4 hours from then on.
Paid licenses will likely have a limit as well - though obviously it will be much higher. Undecided, yet.

Super-Power-Downloaders will not be happy, it's up to them if they are going to be OK with the terms or not. It's not our aim to support piracy, it never was, never will be.
We're about fair use here and 99.9% of our user base will be fine with this.

Actually, I was rather surprised the trial was effectively free-for-all. As a software (not RedFox) developer myself, I think it's entirely reasonable to limit the trial to five downloads from each provider at 1x speed (surely you can parse what the server tells you and figure out the duration of presentation time)---the software either works for you or it doesn't; there's really no point in allowing people to milk it.

As not a pirate, but about having the choice to watch something offline, I don't think it would be unreasonable to limit even the paid licences to whatever one can reasonably binge-watch in say 18 hours and have that reset 24 hours after the first download starts. This would serve two purposes: first, fly under the radar (quite frankly, I'm more worried about providers blocking my ID than blocking RedFox); and second, deter money-making pirates. That's my 2c.

Just to put briefly a different view. I don’t think downloading tons of shows is normal. More or less, I dont think anyone should be downloading more than can be watched in real time on the average. Anything more is not only piracy but is going to get the whole thing shut down pretty fast by a company like Amazon. And I am perfectly happy to have my downloading throttled to enforce ‘reasonable use’.

What if you're a road warrior who travels outside the USA all the time, you can't carry a million devices with you except your work equipment and an SD card, and you want to watch Seasons of a show over 2 weeks? What if you're military and deployed? What if you're an oil rig worker gone for 2 weeks at a time with no internet access while at the platform?

Back