• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream 1011 refuses to launch

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
@Pete, @Prospere

Worked fine yesterday. Now it won't even launch. Doubleclick the desktop icon, exe is visible in task manager but GUI never opens. can't attach the astdmp here as its 134MB in size. Uploaded it to the upload server. Look for "Ch3vr0n-AnyStream_1.0.1.1_Dump_20200930145859.astdmp"

System reboot does NOT fix the issue. Nor does deleting the AnyStream folder in C:\users\username\Redfox

Your thread unfortunately for the moment have nothing to do with this one. I'm not getting any HTTP error 500. For that to appear the GUI need to load. It doesn't even open on my end.

Your thread unfortunately for the moment have nothing to do with this one. I'm not getting any HTTP error 500. For that to appear the GUI need to load. It doesn't even open on my end.

I had the same problem as you... Then I installed the new version and here is HTTP 500 Error

I had the same problem as you... Then I installed the new version and here is HTTP 500 Error

There is no newer version, i'm already using beta 1011 and that's the one that won't open.

There is no newer version, i'm already using beta 1011 and that's the one that won't open.

Yes I meant beta 1011... I uninstalled 1010 because it refused to launch. Now with the beta I have 500 Error.

Yes I meant beta 1011... I uninstalled 1010 because it refused to launch. Now with the beta I have 500 Error.

Which still doesn't apply. I'm not seeing ANYTHING at all. Not even a server error. As i said the GUI just never opens. Just straight up "exception" and a crashdump is created

** well here's a twist ** suddenly started working again. Perhaps it is related to that server error. If so i'll owe you an apology for a part. As i certainly didn't get a server error

Last edited:
Which still doesn't apply. I'm not seeing ANYTHING at all. Not even a server error. As i said the GUI just never opens. Just straight up "exception" and a crashdump is created

** well here's a twist ** suddenly started working again. Perhaps it is related to that server error. If so i'll owe you an apology for a part. As i certainly didn't get a server error

Works on my side too but Netflix does not accept my password now!

Works on my side too but Netflix does not accept my password now!
which again isn't related to this topic, please create your own or use one of the existing ones. Please do t hijack my topic with an unrelated issue. Both sides work fine on my end.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@Pete, @Prospere

Worked fine yesterday. Now it won't even launch. Doubleclick the desktop icon, exe is visible in task manager but GUI never opens. can't attach the astdmp here as its 134MB in size. Uploaded it to the upload server. Look for "Ch3vr0n-AnyStream_1.0.1.1_Dump_20200930145859.astdmp"

System reboot does NOT fix the issue. Nor does deleting the AnyStream folder in C:\users\username\Redfox

I had this same issue with both versions and the only way to get it to load was to turn on my VPN and then it worked. I sent them the dump files I had and they were looking it to it. From what I can gather, and I think they think the same, is that the connection to the AnyStream servers isn't able to make a connection so it crashes on startup. This makes sense as when I used the VPN it bypassed any settings I had with the DNS on my end (hosts, IP, firewall, etc,) and was able to connect. Though without knowing specifically which connection is being blocked it is hard to diagnose and correct on our end without a little bit more information from the developers.

Hopefully they'll be able to determine the cause a bit more and will be able to provide guidance soon on diagnostic steps we can take.

Edit: I see further in the thread you got it working which means it is more likely a failed connection somewhere and it finally connected and let you through so it could cache whatever is needed. As I mentioned with the VPN once I connected through it (got to login screens, but login errors so different error at that point / different thread) then once I turn the VPN off the program loads but still fails at other points.

Worked fine before, so at this time I can only assume it had something to do with the changes they're currently doing to limit trial abuse. This requires server changes (and license users use that server too)

@Ch3vr0n the "maintenance" may really be the reason.
However, I am retrieving your dump now, so we'll see.

@Ch3vr0n Alright, I've seen the dump. And yes, this seem to be due to the work on the server. Could you try now? Should work fine.

@Ch3vr0n Alright, I've seen the dump. And yes, this seem to be due to the work on the server. Could you try now? Should work fine.
Already have, edited an earlier post saying I was back up and running. Just a thought here, but perhaps implement something (if possible) where the gui would still load (instead of just plain causing AS to crash when it can't connect to the server), but show a message of some kind that there's some maintenance is going on and to try again later.

It's not perhaps :) it's a bug that is being fixed at this very moment.

Excellent, cause I was initially starting to think something was wrong on my end.

Back