• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paid license not working on Virtual Machine

We did not test it on Azure.

There may be Qt problems with VMs or RDP and we have little to no control over that.

I just tried using the trial on my Windows 10 VMware Fusion virtual machine but I get the the usual error that I can't use it on a VM

Oh, sorry, my mistake. Paid license should work correctly with virtual machines.
Could you please uninstall AnyStream completely and make a clean install?

@Prospere I could get the app to load but I pressed on the Amazon Prime button and it's completely killed the app - I can't even open it now. I've attached the log files for you to have a look at.

Will this issue still persist if I use Boot Camp and actually partition my hard drive to have a Windows side? If so, I'm happy to do this but don't want to go to the trouble if this issue is just with Mac in general and the drivers (or whatever it might be) will not support the app whether it's a Virtual Machine or a genuine Windows install on a partition. I just want to use your great software but at the moment I can't! :(

I also was left with a larger .dmp (as opposed to astdmp) file from my log but apparantly this is not supported and I can't upload it? Not sure if this extra log file can help you or not?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.1.1_Dump_20200929192055.astdmp
    515.1 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyStream_1.0.1.1_Dump_20200929192208.astdmp
    509.3 KB · Views: 1
Just zip the astdump file. That'll work. Maybe @Ivan can add it to the allowed forum file extensions list.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@LUT-FC Alright, this is another problem. So, the best is to begin with deleting.
c:\User\<you username>\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\*

Oh, sorry, my mistake. Paid license should work correctly with virtual machines.
Could you please uninstall AnyStream completely and make a clean install?
after that paid lice issue solved q
@Prospere I could get the app to load but I pressed on the Amazon Prime button and it's completely killed the app - I can't even open it now. I've attached the log files for you to have a look at.

Will this issue still persist if I use Boot Camp and actually partition my hard drive to have a Windows side? If so, I'm happy to do this but don't want to go to the trouble if this issue is just with Mac in general and the drivers (or whatever it might be) will not support the app whether it's a Virtual Machine or a genuine Windows install on a partition. I just want to use your great software but at the moment I can't! :(

I also was left with a larger .dmp (as opposed to astdmp) file from my log but apparantly this is not supported and I can't upload it? Not sure if this extra log file can help you or not?
same happened to me too im still trying to use on my vm

I am using Redfox softwares from last 10 years thats why already bought license for lifetime

@LUT-FC Alright, this is another problem. So, the best is to begin with deleting.
c:\User\<you username>\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\*

@Prospere I did that, as well as reinstalling the app and same issue. As soon as I click on Amazon it crashes.

Will this issue still persist if I use Boot Camp and actually partition my hard drive to have a Windows side? If so, I'm happy to do this but don't want to go to the trouble if this issue is just with Mac in general and the drivers (or whatever it might be) will not support the app whether it's a Virtual Machine or a genuine Windows install on a partition. I just want to use your great software but at the moment I can't!

@Prospere I did that, as well as reinstalling the app and same issue. As soon as I click on Amazon it crashes.

Will this issue still persist if I use Boot Camp and actually partition my hard drive to have a Windows side? If so, I'm happy to do this but don't want to go to the trouble if this issue is just with Mac in general and the drivers (or whatever it might be) will not support the app whether it's a Virtual Machine or a genuine Windows install on a partition. I just want to use your great software but at the moment I can't!

We're presently trying to find out, what causes this. The crashing code is not ours but the built-in web engine. It seems to be unhappy with both RDP and VMs.
I hope, we'll find the cause and that it even is fixable.

Can anyone confirm, that the current version 1.0.3.0 64bit now works with RDP and VMs (the latter won't work with a trial by design)?

@FunBoy87
REDFOX project are illegal for paypal so that unfortunately it is not possible the best method of payment is crypto currency

would like to know more about running Anystream in a VM or Wine 6.0 ?
currently i boot camp/dual boot, in the future i'm looking to migrate over to virtualbox or just use Wine to run some windows-based apps when impractical to reboot into windows.
for 2 products: Anystream and AnyDVD HD (both paid licenses).

I doubt it, last response in this topic dates back to October last year

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back