• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

You tell 'em, Babirusa!! :)

I'm not familiar with audio path protection. What is that?

T

a totally dopey thing where it downsamples (potentially sloppily) audio to 16bit/48Hz from anything higher than either of those specs unless it detects HDCP on digital audio out and special protected audio path hardware on the motherboard and cpu to try to prevent bus snooping and interception of and illicit recording of >16bit or >48Hz audio track of a movie

so if you say had a super high quality headphone DAC or if you had high quality analog audio pathway for your sound system you couldn't use them without downsampling

seems totally ridiculous to me, what the heck sort of piracy threat did they think they faced from isolated audio rips of movies at >16/48??? how many sales did they ever lose from such a thing as that? 1? 4? total ever? maybe I am wrong but I'd be totally shocked. Anyway, despite that, they spent hundreds of thousands to millions developing PAP and lots of ill will trying to force people to buy new motherboards and CPUs and be restricted only to HDCP digital audio out, no analog, no specialized DACs over USB, etc. without resampling, totally absurd, they probably introduced people intro piracy as they were forced to dig into things trying to find out how to escape that nonsense (it can be escaped for everything other than Dolby Atmos, although to get around it for Dolby MA you need to track down an old decode file from a certain piece of old commercial TV recorder/movie playback software in addition to something like AnyDVD)

anyway the whole silly thing probably saved them maybe $100 losses total ever and probably cost them quite some millions of dollars in development, fees and ironic losses from a few introduced to piracy and from people spending less on movies after having spent $$$$ buying new motherboards/CPUs/stereo equipment and being less willing to release lesser known titles due to rights fees cutting into profit and making it riskier

part of the problem is the people who create DRM want to keep their $$$$$$ coming in so they come up with ever crazier things to sell to often semi-clueless (about these sorts of things) execs and boards

SUPERMAN_MAN_OF_TOMORROW -- OPD: BD_fb2a908734db

US

Just got this movie today myself! :=)

Ok, Tanquen, added.

a totally dopey thing where it downsamples (potentially sloppily) audio to 16bit/48Hz from anything higher than either of those specs unless it detects HDCP on digital audio out and special protected audio path hardware on the motherboard and cpu to try to prevent bus snooping and interception of and illicit recording of >16bit or >48Hz audio track of a movie

part of the problem is the people who create DRM want to keep their $$$$$$ coming in so they come up with ever crazier things to sell to often semi-clueless (about these sorts of things) execs and boards

I agree.

All these machinations rarely stop people who are actually pirating material for long.

It mostly just interferes with the average User's complete enjoyment of their legal purchase.

So preach on, brother! LOL.

T

Yes, Babirusa, it's been quiet on the thread.

For me the few UHDs I've gotten lately have been working straightaway, so smooth sailing here too. :=)

until now hah, went from everything working for a few months as soon as I tried it, all-time record, to a perhaps all-time record for myself now the other direction with 9 discs not working at the moment

until now hah, went from everything working for a few months as soon as I tried it, all-time record, to a perhaps all-time record for myself now the other direction with 9 discs not working at the moment

Hahaha.

I know!

I only see you listed for one title, so I guess the others were reported by someone else...

I have 5 titles I'm now waiting for as well. The 4 Hitchcock films and Superman Man of Tomorrow.

All reported by others.

0 to 60. And (probably soon) back.

Such is the cycle of life. :=)

T

US - SHERLOCK_HOLMES -- OPD: BD_e3cfafb3afc8
US - SHERLOCK_HOLMES_GAMEOFSHADOWS -- OPD: BD_fa57d4f467a2

I only see you listed for one title, so I guess the others were reported by someone else...

I have 5 titles I'm now waiting for as well. The 4 Hitchcock films and Superman Man of Tomorrow.

All reported by others.

yeah all but the one already were reported
the 4 Hitchcock, Beetlejuice, The Goonies, the newly redone 4k remaster of The Fifth Element in the UK, the new Zavvi Wonder Woman steel (although doesn't really matter personally since I have other versions that work, I'll probably put this up for sale actually) and actually the ninth one works now and was already reported working a bit ago it looks like

just checked this moment and all are still no goes
(well I only checked Read Window for the Hitchcock set but usually with sets it ends up either all work or none work)

Hi rdodolak!

You haven't submitted a title in a while.

I also need the exact label of the disc as displayed by the Parser...

Hi testiles! My apologies if I misunderstood, but are you referring to the "Status"?

Hocus Pocus -- OPD: BD_d4785cea2ec5

If not, the actual title of the disc as shown by the parser is "Hocus Pocus" w/o quotes and no underscore.

yeah all but the one already were reported

Cool.

just checked this moment and all are still no goes

... tell me which you checked (including OPD) and I can mark them as still unsupported...

If not, the actual title of the disc as shown by the parser is "Hocus Pocus" w/o quotes and no underscore.

No, this is what I was referring to.

And, my apologies then, because this didn't look like an actual label. They usually do have underscores!

Thanks for the clarification.

Added...

List re-posted.

T

Update of my other reported titles that are still unsupported:

Beetlejuice (UK): BEETLEJUICE -- OPD: BD_fd324f173dea
Knives Out (UK): KNIVES_OUT -- OPD: BD_f6d0a433e120
Psycho (UK): PSYCHO1960_UPK1 -- OPD: BD_0ea26414ab79
Rear Window (UK): Rear Window -- OPD: BD_d86e214f8f50
Sherlock Holmes (2009, UK): SHERLOCK_HOLMES -- OPD: BD_0f4e12815952
Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows (UK): SHERLOCK_HOLMES_GAMEOFSHADOWS -- OPD: BD_e2c1a3df47e3
Sherlock: Series 1 Disc 1 (UK): Sherlock_Series_1_Disc_1 -- OPD: BD_59fac658a115
Sherlock: Series 1 Disc 2 (UK): Sherlock_Series_1_Disc_2 -- OPD: BD_e264ee04382d
The Birds (UK): THEBIRDS_UHD_UPK2 -- OPD: BD_ce5895dd2a17
The Fifth Element (UK): THE FIFTH ELEMENT UHD -- OPD: BD_798ca09a5cc4
The Goonies (UK): THE GOONIES -- OPD: BD_e7e4890084b3
Vertigo (UK): VERTIGO -- OPD: BD_288083be4510

Hmm...There are a lot of unsupported UHD titles..

I repurchased Lifetime license mostly, actually only for UHD 4K titles so I hope that eventually "Unsupported" become "Supported
C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
:)

Update of my other reported titles that are still unsupported:

Beetlejuice (UK): BEETLEJUICE -- OPD: BD_fd324f173dea
Knives Out (UK): KNIVES_OUT -- OPD: BD_f6d0a433e120
Psycho (UK): PSYCHO1960_UPK1 -- OPD: BD_0ea26414ab79
Rear Window (UK): Rear Window -- OPD: BD_d86e214f8f50
Sherlock Holmes (2009, UK): SHERLOCK_HOLMES -- OPD: BD_0f4e12815952
Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows (UK): SHERLOCK_HOLMES_GAMEOFSHADOWS -- OPD: BD_e2c1a3df47e3
Sherlock: Series 1 Disc 1 (UK): Sherlock_Series_1_Disc_1 -- OPD: BD_59fac658a115
Sherlock: Series 1 Disc 2 (UK): Sherlock_Series_1_Disc_2 -- OPD: BD_e264ee04382d
The Birds (UK): THEBIRDS_UHD_UPK2 -- OPD: BD_ce5895dd2a17
The Fifth Element (UK): THE FIFTH ELEMENT UHD -- OPD: BD_798ca09a5cc4
The Goonies (UK): THE GOONIES -- OPD: BD_e7e4890084b3
Vertigo (UK): VERTIGO -- OPD: BD_288083be4510

Updated.

Thanks much, Coeno!!

Hmm...There are a lot of unsupported UHD titles..

Yeah, there are quite a few.

But this is about average.

The List has been longer! :=)

I hope that eventually "Unsupported" become "Supported

They certainly will!!

No doubt!

T

Back