• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] AnyStream.exe - System Error

Mike_TV

Installed the 64 bit version 1.0.1.0 on Windows 10 64 bit (Version 2004 build 19041.508) and received the following error when trying to start the program up for the first time.

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Clicking "OK" I get the following errors...

VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found
VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found
MSVCP140.dll was not found

Rebooting and resinstalling did not fix this. Any ideas?

Sounds like you don't have the Visual C++ runtime installed. Such an error was not reported during the closed beta. Maybe out of sheer luck that everyone had Visual C installed. @Pete or @Prospere your assistance is required. Should this not be something Anystream then installs?

Installed with admin rights?

Installed with admin rights?

Yes and I'm showing Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.16.27027.1 was installed today via "Apps & Features" control panel.

Clicking the "Modify" and then "Repair" on the C++ runtime install appears to have fixed the problem as I can now start AnyStream and see the Settings screen. Looks like the runtime wasn't fully installed or the environment settings weren't completely set during install. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the feedback, this might help other users...

Is that the C++ runtime AnyStream needs or will any one do? This problem and solution might be a good idea to include in the (currently limited) FAQ there is, in case other users have this dll error too

Back