• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"The file has been modified. This might be caused by a virus"

Webslinger its ok im not disputing that it could be my system and im only trying to get to the bottom of the problem and if i recall i wasnt the one who started the initial thread so there must have been others with the problem in the first place for someone to start the thread....the question i asked was and without pointing fingers at anyone is if you can answer or have a rough guess as to why previous versions like 6.1.7.0 hasnt been affected and what would be different in that version not to have been affected and the other is if its from the download of 6.1.7.4 as you have said in your last post where does that download come from for me to pick up the corrupted file because i thought everytime i get an update its from slysoft.
Maybe im wrong i agree to that and have stated im not very computer savy and i cannot run Anydvd 6.1.7.4 through another system as i have only one and cannot go out and purchase another computer for 2000+$.

Webslinger its ok im not disputing that it could be my system and im only trying to get to the bottom of the problem and if i recall i wasnt the one who started the initial thread so there must have been others with the problem in the first place for someone to start the thread...

No has posted about the exact same issue using Anydvd 6.1.7.4. No one using XP and Anydvd 6.1.7.4 is getting the message "The file has been modified. This might be caused by a virus" at this point except you. I'm not pointing fingers; I'm stating a fact. If this were a huge bug, it seems to me that a lot more people would be experiencing it. If this is an issue with Anydvd 6.1.7.4 running under Windows XP service pack 2, then why I am not experiencing the same issue on three different computers? Why has no one else, as of yet, posted about it--except you?

Your thread came from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7602

the question i asked was and without pointing fingers at anyone is if you can answer or have a rough guess as to why previous versions like 6.1.7.0 hasnt been affected and what would be different in that version not to have been affected and the other is if its from the download of 6.1.7.4 as you have said in your last post where does that download come from for me to pick up the corrupted file because i thought everytime i get an update its from slysoft

You're asking the wrong questions in my opinion. You should be examining what's changed on your system since you initially installed Anydvd 6.1.7.0 and looking at the possibility of getting a bad download or something that's not configured properly on your system (also trojans, messed up registry, etc). Getting a corrupt download would having nothing to do with Slysoft. It may have to do with your isp, something on your computer, a failing hard drive, etc. I'm not saying you do have a corrupt download, but I did tell you what to do to eliminate the possibility. I suspect you will have a very hard time duplicating your problem on another system.

Last edited:
You are not stating all the facts!
Without going through every thread to find the posts who was the one saying things about people who had problems with beta testing and so forth....
Not me get your facts straight!
If someone had enough time to post about beta testing problems then yes some other people have had the problem but obviously fixed it which i am trying to do.
Im asking you to be helpful not hostile!!!!!! Remember im a customer trying to get down to the faults and issues of a problem not someone trying to cause problems.........:mad:
Why would someone else go through the trouble to ask what happens when you click"continue anyway" if there was not a problem or has been a problem at one stage with 6.1.7.4 so i state this to you help me dont hinder me or maybe you should leave this up to someone who isnt going to freak at a simple little question for gods sake chill out man.......!!!!:mad:

You are not stating all the facts!
Without going through every thread

It's a safe bet to say that I've probably read 99.9% of the threads ever posted in the Anydvd forum. Period. So let me save you the trouble of going through every thread.

to find the posts who was the one saying things about people who had problems with beta testing and so forth....
Not me get your facts straight!

If it's a beta version--then that version would not be 6.1.7.4, which is an official release. No one, but you, so far has posted about having this problem with 6.1.7.4 and XP service pack 2. I can't reproduce your issue on 3 different computers running XP. Again, in fact, no one but you has, of yet, to post about this exact same issue with 6.1.7.4 and XP.

If someone had enough time to post about beta testing problems

Again, beta versions are not 6.1.7.4, which is an official release.

Im asking you to be helpful not hostile!!!!!!

The only person I believe being hostile in this thread, frankly, is yourself.

Perhaps others will have more patience with you. I've run out. Good luck

Why would someone else go through the trouble to ask what happens when you click"continue anyway"

James is one of the main developers for Anydvd and is trying to help troubleshoot your issue. But simply because someone attempts to help you does not necessarily imply there's a bug in the program.

Last edited:
.....I recall i wasnt the one who started the initial thread so there must have been others with the problem in the first place for someone to start the thread.....
@ Panthagrey,

You are mistaken with you above quoted statement.

You are the Originator of this Forum posting thread on 12th September 2007 18:45. No other SlySoft Forum Member other than you has posted any “Virus” problems with AnyDVD version 6.1.7.4.

There are many thousands of SlySoft customers using AnyDVD version 6.1.7.4 and of all those thousands of users you are the only Forum Member that has posted any “Virus” problems with AnyDVD version 6.1.7.4.

Unfortunately it is clearly apparent that the “Virus” problem lies solely with you computer operating system.

Regards,
Coaster

@ Panthagrey,

You are mistaken with you above quoted statement.

You are the Originator of this Forum posting thread on 12th September 2007 18:45.

Actually, in all fairness, I moved Panthagrey's posts from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7602 (and renamed the thread to reflect the error message Pathagrey is receiving). I prefer having subject oriented threads--and treating each thread as a case where people attempt to help the OP to get the problem resolved instead of having a bunch of various issues all crammed together into one thread.

No other SlySoft Forum Member other than you has posted any “Virus” problems with AnyDVD version 6.1.7.4.

Yes, and I want to clarify that no one else has posted about receiving an error message that says "The file has been modified. This might be caused by a virus" with respect to Anydvd 6.1.7.4 and XP.

Last edited:
Your right Webslinger....my bad i give you my apologies and guess i will just have to bare my burden alone and try and work it out....to all those that tried to help thankyou......

Your right Webslinger....my bad i give you my apologies and guess i will just have to bare my burden alone and try and work it out....to all those that tried to help thankyou......

Have you tried downloading the file on another system and bringing that file to the computer you're experiencing problems with?

As I'm not very experienced with the error message you are receiving (and based on its rarity, I doubt many other regulars here are either), you may need to wait for James or peer to offer you further suggestions.

I apologize as well, insofar, as I seem to have offended you earlier, although that was not my intent. I'm sure the situation you're in must be frustrating, and I wish I could reproduce it so I could help you better.

Last edited:
Nah its cool webslinger you didnt offend me....as i said in my mind can probably tell you im 100% sure its my comp but was just trying all avenues before i take the old girl back to the shop for her yearly service......
We cool...we all be cool...:agree:

I did what was asked and all it said was something about the verification

Hello,

Can you please provide the full message concerning verification?

i installed the certificate thing

What did you install exactly?

And are you using Windows home edition? Professional? 32 bit? What version of XP are you running?

Thanks

Its ok Webslinger...ive given up its got the better of me and i'll just wait and see what happens with the next update after before i do anything else.....thanks for the help buddy much appreciated.....8);)

Its ok Webslinger...ive given up its got the better of me and i'll just wait and see what happens with the next update after before i do anything else.....thanks for the help buddy much appreciated.....8);)

Please provide the information I requested. Since I last talked to you, I've encountered other information that suggests a possible issue with Anydvd's certificates. So you may, in fact, be encountering a bug (but I can't say for sure).

Oh ok....didnt know that....
I cant remember what i did but i followed the instructions the other poster said to do about certificates.
He said about clicking properties but cant find it again and something about if an error comes up and it didnt it came up with an install certificates wizard you know like the windows wizard that lets you install things and i did that it went through the process fine i re-booted but when the anydvd 6.1.7.4 re opened a few seconds after i got the error message again....i hope what i can re-call helps you.....also im running windows xp home from another post where you asked....

Oh ok....didnt know that....
I cant remember what i did but i followed the instructions the other poster said to do about certificates.
He said about clicking properties but cant find it again and something about if an error comes up and it didnt it came up with an install certificates wizard you know like the windows wizard that lets you install things and i did that it went through the process fine i re-booted but when the anydvd 6.1.7.4 re opened a few seconds after i got the error message again....i hope what i can re-call helps you.....also im running windows xp home from another post where you asked....

1. Please refer to peer's post here: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=51822&postcount=15

2. peer would require specific information with respect to full messages concerning verification, and the exact name of the certificate you were installing. Full messages are very important. Thank you

My new thread might help with this thread?
XP-Pro seemed to want root certificates for the 1st time with 6.1.7.4 ??

-W

This is the full process i ust went through...

Right click AnyDVD6.1.7.4.exe
click properties
click digital signatures

clicked on :Name of signer email address timestamp
Slysoft inc admin@slysoft.com monday september 1....

click details
general tab:digital signature information
the certificate in the signature cannot be verified

counter signature
verisign time stamp not available monday september....

click view certificate
certificate information:windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

Issued to slysoft inc
Issued by Global sign object sign CA
valid from 11/30/06 to 11/30/07

click install certificate

certificate import wizard
click next/certificate store/automatic

completing the certificate import wizard

the import was successful

A few seconds after that went through the error message pops up again for AnyDVD 6.1.74 hop all that helps....

O.k, thank you. Anydvd 6.1.7.4 works fine for you though, right?

Yes, it's working fine as far as I can tell.

But, on the non-web machine it's causing 6 error events (in 1.5 seconds, retrys I assume) every single time it loads.

This is new behavior starting with 6.1.7.4 .
Considering it now "wants root" I can see where some anti-virus software is throwing fits.

-W

Back