• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Solved] Region removed; copied BD still demands region match on Standalone Player

DefectiveUnit

Hi there, I have a region A BD Movie that I processed with AnyDVD to create an iso file.

AnyDVD Options checked are "always ask", "remove region code" and "remove BD Live".

If I mount the iso file it behaves like a physical disk of course, AnyDVD recognizes it as region free.

My standalone player is region B.
If I burn the iso to a BD-R, the resulting movie disc will play on my PC flawlessly BUT on my BD-Player, I still get the message displayed which informs me that I need a region A player, like when trying to play the original disc.

I have already made two different discs, the second from a new iso that was created using the "remove country code" option. The original is an american anime movie disc.

None of those burned discs are accepted by the player.
What could be the problem?

Hi there, I have a region A BD Movie that I processed with AnyDVD to create an iso file.

AnyDVD Options checked are "always ask", "remove region code" and "remove BD Live".

If I mount the iso file it behaves like a physical disk of course, AnyDVD recognizes it as region free.

My standalone player is region B.
If I burn the iso to a BD-R, the resulting movie disc will play on my PC flawlessly BUT on my BD-Player, I still get the message displayed which informs me that I need a region A player, like when trying to play the original disc.

I have already made two different discs, the second from a new iso that was created using the "remove country code" option. The original is an american anime movie disc.

None of those burned discs are accepted by the player.
What could be the problem?
You might need to post an AnyDVD log of the problematic movie, just so Support can help you out.

Good luck.

:)

Hello Support, or @James ... can you help me with this one?
Yes, I'm already on it.
Can you please zip the file /BDMV/MovieObject.bdmv while AnyDVD is running (so that the region code should be removed) and attach it here?

patience is required. It may not be an easy fix, and it's only been a few hours.

No solutions, anyone??

Sorry to keep you waiting.
The file looks like everything is fine and fixed.
Before we look any deeper, just to make sure:

This is a simple HDMV disc. Most players will automatically resume playback of this type of disc where you left of the previous time.

If you first played the original (or a copy without region code removed), then the player will remember that "invalid region" stream as the last played.

So if you then insert a copy of the disc with the region code removed, it will still pick up exactly there and show that "wrong region" card.

Can you make sure, that the player plays the disc from the start?

Can you make sure, that the player plays the disc from the start?
Well... I tried that one now... and that is the solutinon.

I must have missed the short on screen message asking wether I want the disc to play from start or to continue...:banghead:

Now the copied discs play.

Thanks for your support!
:thankyou:

I must have missed the short on screen message asking wether I want the disc to play from start or to continue...:banghead:

Now the copied discs play.
:) That situation is so rare (because most discs have BD-J and then it doesn't apply), that I almost didn't think of it myself.

Back