• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.2.9.0 AMD support

the last post was 3 weeks ago …

and the last update was just over a month ago. My post still applies. When AMD support will be fixed, it will be posted in the changelog. Elaborate Bytes is working on this directly with AMD. Patience is required.

I was looking at the Changelog for v1.2.9.1. These are minor changes. Nothing for AMD?

If it's not listed, then no. A major fix like that would be in the changelog

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It is now August and there is still nothing new known. what is that you get a feedback here!

If they're still working on it with AMD, then there's nothing to report. If there's a fix, it'll be in the build changelogs

will we experience that in 5 years? for me this has only been an issue since May, but what about the others who have been complaining about it for over 1 year? I don't really believe that AMD really wants to solve the problem. But it was also my mistake to go back to AMD after more than 6 years.

Nobody can predict the future. But if AMD would stop messing around with different API calls or stop changing existing API calls things would go a lot faster.

One driver things work like doing call A for GPU series Y and Z, the next driver version call A is broken with GPU series Y and you need to use new call B instead. While call A still works for GPU series Z.

Pretty sure it was a sudden change like this, that broke things again (after elby fixed it the first time), after they made yet another change that broke the previous fix.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To be fair Nvidia is just as guilty of arbitrarily changing apis and breaking stuff. They don't care much about us htpc users. They throw us a bone once a release branch if we're lucky. Amd users don't seem to be so lucky.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CloneBD works with AMD HW encoding.

If you have trouble and it doesn't work, please post a log file, so I can take a look.

I hope that there will be an update for AMD GPUs soon. Because with the current versions of CloneBD the encoding of videos is very slow. But what surprises me is that, for example, with CloneBD version 1.2.5.0, encoding worked much faster. With version 1.2.5.0 I need about 20-25 minutes for a complete BluRay Encode (with the highest settings). With the latest CloneBD versions I need over 2 hours for a BluRay Encode (with the highest settings).

I hope that there will be an update for AMD GPUs soon. Because with the current versions of CloneBD the encoding of videos is very slow. But what surprises me is that, for example, with CloneBD version 1.2.5.0, encoding worked much faster. With version 1.2.5.0 I need about 20-25 minutes for a complete BluRay Encode (with the highest settings). With the latest CloneBD versions I need over 2 hours for a BluRay Encode (with the highest settings).

Try software decoding and hardware encoding (which is a lot faster with AMD). :)

I have ryzen 7 and also the 1.2.5.x version seemed a lot faster then 1.2.9.x.

Hardware encoding is not an option, I have 5500 XT and for now only software. I was considering nVidia also, but thez are sufferign with 2176p issue, which creates unplayable bluray on some players.

Is there finally new information here?
6 months have now passed!!!!

how about using a different video card instead of complaining about software the makes backup of movies? I changed my video card out as I dont do movies or ripping on my gaming system and all my problems were fixed. SIMPLE, QUICK, EASY... DONE!

how about using a different video card instead of complaining about software the makes backup of movies? I changed my video card out as I dont do movies or ripping on my gaming system and all my problems were fixed. SIMPLE, QUICK, EASY... DONE!

The problem is not a single model of video card, it's products from an entire manufacturer representing approximately half the GPU market. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the software to work with both AMD and Nvidia at this point. I understand that is not a Redfox issue but that is my 2 cents.

Back