• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RTX 3000 series

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
Well just watched the geforce special event. These performance jumps compared to the 2000 series are insane! the 3070 is twice as fast as the 2080TI and at HALF THE PRICE! Already mailed my PC parts supplier. The moment the Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3090 is in stock 1's coming my way to send my 1080A into early retirement!

I've owned my own PC for over 20 yrs (and i'm only 37), building PC's for about 10-15 of that for myself. I have NEVER in my life owned THE MOST HIGH END GPU, EVER. But i'm getting one now.

This is gonna hurt AMD bigtime and i feel sorry for the folks that just spent 1200$ on an RTX 2080TI lol.

I've been planning on the 3090 for quite some time but after watching the event today they managed to convince me to NOT get one. :D I will grab the 3080 for several reasons. To really take advantage of a 3090 over the 3080 you're going to need a few things:

1) 8K or don't bother
2) PCIe 4

That last one is kind of required on both cards if you want to take advantage of the new compression technology they're talking about. For me, the cost differential is what made the sale for the 3080 because I can use the money I save to upgrade my board and CPU once Intel gets off their ass and finally releases PCIe 4 compliant stuff. And of course I'll need a 4TB PCIe 4 compliant NVMe SSD to go along with it. Even for what I was planning on using the 3090 for, which is madvr upscaling, at this point it's overkill until I'm ready to go 8K and I'm not even remotely ready for that. 699 vs 1499 is quite the jump.

well those are on the todo list. But either way it'll be a bigger upgrade (even on PCI-E 3.0) compared to my current 1080, than the jump to 2080 TI would have been. The cost won't be a problem here once intel releases pci-e 4 maybe next year. I'll have new budget by then. And well, the way i'm ordering mine, there's not going to be any VAT or sales tax :) Either way this is gonna hurt AMD gpu's bigtime

oh and as to the PCI-E gen 4, ALL 3000 series use them ;)

I agree. I just don't see big navi coming anywhere near the numbers the 3080 just pushed out. The damn thing is nearly 50% faster than the 2080ti. The 3090 is insane performance but you'll be paying for it. I considered it. I really was going to go down that path but once I saw the numbers on the 3080 including the price, I was sold. It'll annihilate my 2070 which is good cause the 2070 can't handle the tasks I'm throwing at it right now. I still have time to fully decide as the damn pre-orders aren't up yet.

ROG Strix.jpg So you guys arent going to wait for 3090Ti ? Details thanks to Tweaktown Forums

I wish there was one, or I'd have taken that one. In 20y I've never had THE gpu topmodel but this year i will. No if's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well just watched the geforce special event. These performance jumps compared to the 2000 series are insane! the 3070 is twice as fast as the 2080TI and at HALF THE PRICE! Already mailed my PC parts supplier. The moment the Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3090 is in stock 1's coming my way to send my 1080A into early retirement!

I've owned my own PC for over 20 yrs (and i'm only 37), building PC's for about 10-15 of that for myself. I have NEVER in my life owned THE MOST HIGH END GPU, EVER. But i'm getting one now.

This is gonna hurt AMD bigtime and i feel sorry for the folks that just spent 1200$ on an RTX 2080TI lol.

Unless I'm missing something the launch places the 3070 at slightly faster than the 2080TI, the 3080 is twice as fast as the 2080.

Could be, didn't pay very much attention for the 'low end' stuff. Was to giddy to see if there was actually going to be a 3090. Rumors are one thing, facts are another

The 3090 was not exactly a "kept secret". It's been a known quantity for a few weeks now with all the leaks. And I think it's going to be a tremendous card. Just pointless. The reality is nothing can really drive that card right now. You'll be throwing a lot of power at it for zero gain. The only real thing they showed it being able to do over the 3080 was 8K. But if you go back and look at that video, all you saw were people playing 8K and their supposed reactions. And I'm sure 8K is going to be amazing, but, there's a problem with the entire concept. If you want to natively game at 8K, the 3090 is most definitely for you. If you want to create content, the 3090 is most definitely for you. Notice, however, that I said natively. Why does that matter? Because nVidia just stuck a katana through the belly of resolution. DLSS wasn't really well baked when they unleashed it on the world back in Turing. However, being AI it evolved. A LOT. Did you see the demonstration at 4K with DLSS turned on vs native? I'm hoping you're smart enough to understand what it means. Driving cards like the 3090 is no longer needed in order to achieve unmatched visuals. DLSS allows them to render it at much lower resolution and scale it up using AI. So yes, you can go spend 1500 bucks for bragging rights if you so choose, but unless you can find a REAL use case for that kind of raw power, it'd be a complete waste of money. Even my actual use case that warrants that kind of card is a bit of a stretch because I don't plan on going 8K. Doubling the performance of a 2080 will buy me the performance I need in madvr to do the things I NEED to do. Would it be fun to upscale to 8K HDR and then downscale it to 4K? Sure, that would be phenomenal and the experience would be beyond words. Is it worth 1500 bucks? Still debating, but leaning towards no.

The 3090 Strix is going to be sold out at $2,000. When the 3080Ti comes out you wont be able to get one for a month after its released.

I wish there was one, or I'd have taken that one. In 20y I've never had THE gpu topmodel but this year i will. No if's.

Did you get a raise at your job? Or are they looting in Belgium also. LOL

Oh I fully understand your reasoning, but in my case is also a part of 'want vs needs, just because I can. I kinda wonder what all those cuda cores are going to do for CloneBD. I can already imagine, a fully filled bd50 (aka the entire 45gb) to bd25 in 2 minutes . Mkv in 4

Current press release at least from Asus makes no mention of a 3080TI. As to the raise, not by a long shot. Got a contact at a computer parts supplier in the neighboring country, and I work after hours for another one in my country. If I order parts in the Netherlands from Belgium it's called an 'intra-communitary delivery' and no tax is applied. Instantly drops 21% of the retail price.

The 3090 Strix is going to be sold out at $2,000. When the 3080Ti comes out you wont be able to get one for a month after its released.

The 3080ti is something that may never happen. It is a card they're holding back. It 100% depends on big navi and what AMD brings to the table. If they best the 3080 then the 3080ti can be unleashed with 20gb of ram and a slightly bumped up core count. They can't on an 8nm process bump up the clock speed more than they have. That's why they're drawing so much power as it is. I'd consider a 3080 STRIX once I see a price but likely I'm going to end up with another founder's edition card. Love my 2070 FE but it's just not fast enough.

The 3080ti is something that may never happen. It is a card they're holding back. It 100% depends on big navi and what AMD brings to the table. If they best the 3080 then the 3080ti can be unleashed with 20gb of ram and a slightly bumped up core count. They can't on an 8nm process bump up the clock speed more than they have. That's why they're drawing so much power as it is. I'd consider a 3080 STRIX once I see a price but likely I'm going to end up with another founder's edition card. Love my 2070 FE but it's just not fast enough.
I was quoting a leaked source at Techpowerup Forums. You can bet the 3080 Strix is going to be at least 1800 bucks.

I have my doubts about how much the cuda cores will help CloneBD. It may. And if it does, the 3080 won't be far behind.

I was quoting a leaked source at Techpowerup Forums.

Yea, I know, I've seen the rumors. I just don't think it's going to get released unless AMD comes in with a home run. If AMD falls short of the 3080, there's zero reason to unleash a 3080ti.

Yea, I know, I've seen the rumors. I just don't think it's going to get released unless AMD comes in with a home run. If AMD falls short of the 3080, there's zero reason to unleash a 3080ti.
and what was the reason for the 2080Ti, the reason is to make money, more money, have you seen Nvidia stock price, its up 100% in the last few months, over 550 today.

and what was the reason for the 2080Ti, the reason is to make money, more money, have you seen Nvidia stock price, its up 100% in the last few months, over 550 today.

They definitely wish to make money but they also know they have competition coming from both NAVI and the next gen consoles. They had to be conservative for this release on price, and go balls to the walls on performance. And they've done that. Reserving the 3080ti (which will be nothing more than a clocked up 3080 with more memory) is the right move because ultimately, making money means competing and they don't yet know what the competition looks like. If AMD beats the 3090 the game is over. But if they come in just slightly above the 3080, the 3080ti will get unleased for 999 founder's edition and it'll be game over for AMD. The stakes are very high this round of GPU's.

I have my doubts about how much the cuda cores will help CloneBD. It may. And if it does, the 3080 won't be far behind.
Reto said that CloneBD can only use one CUDA core. I had a conversation regarding a patch that allows more CUDA cores to be used. Won't help.

Reto said that CloneBD can only use one CUDA core. I had a conversation regarding a patch that allows more CUDA cores to be used. Won't help.
The only thing that affects the speeds is Nvenc. Who knows what the new cards will support, certainly not me LOL.

Back