• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Series : mpls-numbering in consecution ?

arrgh

question concerning the numbering of playlists, especially in the case of series...:

in "former times", if one checked with ProcessMonitor, the mpls-numbers after selection of an episode, were different, dependig whether one used AnyDVD during this procedure or not; e.g. eac3to showed during demuxing different mpls-numbers...

question therefore: in the case of series, can one rely on the numbering of episode playlists:
e.g. 000001.mpls, 000002.mpls, 000003.mpls, 000004.mpls; does this corespond to eposode 1-4 ?
Thanks!

question therefore: in the case of series, can one rely on the numbering of episode playlists:
e.g. 000001.mpls, 000002.mpls, 000003.mpls, 000004.mpls; does this corespond to eposode 1-4 ?
Thanks!
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. And there may also be a title set for the "play all" option. Lets not even get into the cases of Screenpass and other gruesome protections where nothing makes sense. Absent any fake playlists or other shenanigans, you can usually rely on run times to identify episodes.

question concerning the numbering of playlists, especially in the case of series...:

in "former times", if one checked with ProcessMonitor, the mpls-numbers after selection of an episode, were different, dependig whether one used AnyDVD during this procedure or not; e.g. eac3to showed during demuxing different mpls-numbers...

Thanks!
Use CloneBD to identify stuff.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Absent any fake playlists or other shenanigans, you can usually rely on run times to identify episodes.

... "rely on run times" means the length of the episode (that's what I typically do)? or do you mean what ProcessMonitor shows as the active playlist file during playback?

The process monitor trick no longer works. That method is outdated and inaccurate. Screenpass protection was updated to prevent that trick from working, mere weeks after it was discovered.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The process monitor trick no longer works. That method is outdated and inaccurate. Screenpass protection was updated to prevent that trick from working, mere weeks after it was discovered.

...even if AnyDVD is working in the background? So, what is the method nowadays?[/QUOTE]

...even if AnyDVD is working in the background? So, what is the method nowadays?
[/QUOTE]
Simple, like James, the AnyDVD developer stated in post #3 above, use CloneBD to check out the disc or iso.

If you're not 100% sure, people like Pete with RedFox might ask you to post an AnyDVD log for them to look at, and then might ask you again for another log to help remove the ScreenPass junk and to make sure that all the ScreenPass stuff is removed.

Please make sure that if you make an ISO, make sure it is an protected iso. If you make it an unprotected iso, and it has Screenpass that hasn't been properly fixed by AnyDVD and/or CloneBD, then that iso is permanently screwed up, and you'll have to make an new protected iso to help out.

Use CloneBD.

...well, I tried in the past two or three times ClownBD, and it was disapointing, like for example in this case:
Descriptive Audio
where PowerDVD (with in the background running AnyDVD) marked an Audiostream as "Directors Comment" while ClownBD said nothing about it, just listed equally all audio streams...

such info I can also get with the (outdated) eac3to or DGDemux...

so, for example, if I have to use AnyDVD to remove Cinavia, so I can play it on the PC with PowerDVD, how do I even know whether the episodes are played in the correct order, if I select them from the PowerDVD menue...?

(and why should ProcessMonitor show a wrong active mpls?)

(and why should ProcessMonitor show a wrong active mpls?)

Because screenpass protection got an update shortly after the process monitor trick was revealed cause ppl were boasting about it like crazy. So they patches screenpass to use 'cached playlists' instead. Those would create a temporary playlist on the local drive under the playlist number of a WRONG PLAYLIST while using the video sequence of the proper playlist. That way, when ppl use the monitor they'd see the wrong playlist expecting the proper clip sequence, but still end up with the clips in the wrong order and the wrong playlist.

@arrgh ClownBD and CloneBD are NOT the same thing, as far as I know. CloneBD is available from the RedFox web site and is free for use if you are not trying to transcode (change) the video size or the compression.

@arrgh ClownBD and CloneBD are NOT the same thing, as far as I know. CloneBD is available from the RedFox web site and is free for use if you are not trying to transcode (change) the video size or the compression.

I'm aware of this; I meant CloneBD...

@James, @Ch3vr0n

...are you saying that AnyDVD is useless on its own...? That one needs also CloneBD...?

and that question was not answered yet:

so, for example, if I have to use AnyDVD to remove Cinavia, so I can play it on the PC with PowerDVD, how do I even know whether the episodes are played in the correct order, if I select them from the PowerDVD menue...?

or in other words: is this "phantom playlist" thing depending on the player (older PowerDVD does not have it, newer does) or is it a Java thing, so every player will do it; then, by removing Java functionality will it stop?

That's not even remotely what i said. I said the PROCESS MONITOR trick was useless! Because screenpass protection got updated to stop the process monitor trick from working. Anydvd itself still properly handles screenpass.

The main purpose of AnyDVD is to provide on-the-fly decrypting. What you choose to then do with the disc that's presented as decrypted is your choice. Whether you need CloneBD or not depends on what you plan to do.

If you simply want to create an unprotected ISO or folder rip of a disc, then anydvd is all you need. Do you want to process that disc into a physical backup you can either do it 1:1 based on the rip, or use CloneBD/CloneDVD2 or any other tool to do that

Now as to your quote with cinavia and episodes in order. The 2 arent even remotely related. At all.

Cinavia is a hidden signal in the audio track that, when detected by a cinavia checking player, prevents playback entirely. That's it.

Screenpass protection when incorrectly removed (video clips out of order, NOT ENTIRE EPISODES) scrambles the video sequences in a playlist of a video title.

AnyDVD just presents the playlists to CloneBD, CloneBD makes an educated guess based on the disc's navigational structure on which playlists should appear and in what order. Nothing is perfect.

Back