• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvdfab decrypter/Blade-House of Chthon

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
Well, I'm a fan of Blade so maybe I'll go pick this up and play around with it. Webslinger's about to shoot me...but, has anyone tried DVDFab HD Decrypter's fancy new feature to see if that works on this thing? NOTE: I'm NOT advocating another product here in this thread...simply wondering if anyone's tried their new feature on it.

I tried DvdFab HD Decrypter also it wouldn't even rip it just hangs and take forever.

Interesting. So even with their new IFO following feature it still fails. Likely due to the massively corrupt state of the UDF file system, no doubt. How lovely.

It's been in development for a few weeks so I am pretty sure this AI Scanner will be solid.

Given James' history...yea, quite likely. :)

I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's something they've been experimenting with for a couple months to get any kinks out before release. Of course I don't know that they have. I'm just making a statement based upon no verifiable information.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's something they've been experimenting with for a couple months to get any kinks out before release. Of course I don't know that they have. I'm just making a statement based upon no verifiable information.
It's probably been atleast a month.

I never bothered getting that movie but seeing how it is causing so many problems I will get it today. Has anyone backed it up with anything?

Someone on CDFREAKS claims to have backed it up with an old version of DVDFab. Who knows. Someone else in the same thread posted that smart ripper(?!?!?!?!) was able to do a movie only backup. Um, ok....

So someone on Doom9 claims that if you have a linux box with WINE you can run Smart Ripper under it and it'll rip the full disc with no problems at all. I haven't tried this as I don't have a linux box here at home that I can try it on, but, if this works that's pretty sweet. I have a semi-working full back up myself made under windows using DVD Decrypter, but, at the moment it still has one bug that I can't for the life of me seem to fix. All the extras and menu are working, but, when the main movie is played from the menu it skips the first section of the movie. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to play from the beginning and then I'll have a flawless backup. Yes, you read that right...DVD Decrypter with absolutely NO AnyDVD intervention at all. But, since the method doesn't appear to work very well I'm not going to bother posting it. Just use DVD Decrypter or Smart Ripper to make a movie only backup for now and you'll be fine.

yo man, I can't even get DVDecrypter to load it to my hard drive. A box pops up that says "Interface runtime exception" while parsing IFO files @ VTS_12.0 IFO and doesn't move from there!

It only does that if you switch modes. Rerun DVD Decrypter after you get that and it should be fine. Make sure AnyDVD is NOT loaded when you try this.

Anything you want. After I ripped it with DVD Decrypter, I fixed it up with IFOEdit so that the main title plays properly from the menu. After that you can run FixVTS on it to clean it up and compress it with whatever you want.

Dvdfab reported success

It's been reported that success has been achived using Dvdfab Platinum v 3.1.2.7... Reported in another forum. I can't prove or disprove this possiblity... since I don't own the program. If any one can get the program to me, I'll put it through it's paces and report back my findings.

Please note this success was for movie only process no working menu.

;)

Last edited:
It's been reported that success has been achived using Dvdfab Platinum v 3.1.2.7... Reported in another forum. I can't prove or disprove this possiblity... since I don't own the program. If any one can get the program to me, I'll put it through it's paces and report back my findings.:p

Are you asking for a pirated piece of software on this forum?

why the movie wont play

So someone on Doom9 claims that if you have a linux box with WINE you can run Smart Ripper under it and it'll rip the full disc with no problems at all. I haven't tried this as I don't have a linux box here at home that I can try it on, but, if this works that's pretty sweet. I have a semi-working full back up myself made under windows using DVD Decrypter, but, at the moment it still has one bug that I can't for the life of me seem to fix. All the extras and menu are working, but, when the main movie is played from the menu it skips the first section of the movie. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to play from the beginning and then I'll have a flawless backup. Yes, you read that right...DVD Decrypter with absolutely NO AnyDVD intervention at all. But, since the method doesn't appear to work very well I'm not going to bother posting it. Just use DVD Decrypter or Smart Ripper to make a movie only backup for now and you'll be fine.

looking at what is actually allowed to pass thru. using vob blanker, I found thaat the movie is plainly just not there! windows reports 11 gig, the disk is really over 7 gig, an older yet not so old anydvd / dvdclone will make one that fits 4.7 gig, VOB BLANKER show the proper disk size 7+ gig, but the amount of date that flows thru is only 4 gig.

please note that this 4 gig of data is actually the previews and special features. Using the goto feature in power dvd player you can see the videos.
you can also play the iso with slysoft virtual. some have reported success with dvdfab 3.1.2.7. platinum addition. I can't prove that at this moment.

Back