• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Additional audio options?

MovieFan

I have a question about what probably affects a tiny number of people, but I encountered this multiple times very recently. I'm wondering if there is a workaround.

I have a disk (Blade Trinity Uncut) that has as it's primary, HD audio, DTS-HD MA 6.1 Surround. It also has two stereo commentary tracks and depending on which program I use to read it, it also has a compressed 6.1 audio track. It looks like this in CloneBD:

upload_2020-8-19_8-23-45.png

The same disk looks like this in HandBrake:

upload_2020-8-19_8-28-33.png

Here it is in MakeMKV:

upload_2020-8-19_8-34-32.png

In both Handbrake and MakeMKV it list both the DTS-HD MA as well as the DTS-ES version of that track. I like having that option. CloneBD seems to ignore it.

However, the bigger thing I want to know about is whether I can add more tracks (copies of tracks) to transcode, similar to HandBrake. This disc has no 5.1 Surround track meaning it will either be transcoded by Plex when I play it in my living room or I need to add a track manually to get 5.1 audio. Otherwise I have no center channel which is the dialog. it's looking for a rear-center channel speaker that doesn't exist or something like that. In Handbrake, I can simply add a copy of the DTS-HD track and reencode it to AAC 5.1 when I'm ripping the disk.

Obviously, CloneBD is the preferred option, but in cases like this I have no other option but to use HandBrake it seems. Is it possible to do this within CloneBD and I'm just missing it? I don't want to REMOVE the 6.1 track because I can also play this in my theater room that can handle the original DTS-HD. I just want to add an extra track that will get reencoded to 5.1 as well so I can use the same rip in my living room.

I had a similar experience with the Exorcist director's cut recently so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

CloneBD handles the DTS-HD as intended, the DTS-Es is encapsuled in the DTS-HD by default. There is no seperate DTS stream in this case.

BluRays are mastered this way so players or hometheaters etc that do not support DTS-HD will play the encapsuled DTS stream.

But maybe @Reto can explain this better than me.

CloneBD handles the DTS-HD as intended, the DTS-Es is encapsuled in the DTS-HD by default. There is no seperate DTS stream in this case.

BluRays are mastered this way so players or hometheaters etc that do not support DTS-HD will play the encapsuled DTS stream.

But maybe @Reto can explain this better than me.
That is fine on the DTS-ES.

My bigger concern is the ability to manually add a copy of a track so I can re-encode it to 5.1 as an additional track. I can't find any functionality to do that. Do you know if it's possible?

That is fine on the DTS-ES.

My bigger concern is the ability to manually add a copy of a track so I can re-encode it to 5.1 as an additional track. I can't find any functionality to do that. Do you know if it's possible?

In other words, you want the option to make a copy of a stream.. have the original 7.1 and a second downgrade 5.1 version?

Most players can do this automatically, but if you wish and think it's useful, we can add such an option for MKV/MP4 files.

have the original 7.1 and a second downgrade 5.1 version
Yes! In my case it was from 6.1, not 7.1, but probably the same functionality would work with either.

This is easily done in HandBrake. I would just prefer to use CloneBD as it's faster!

if you wish and think it's useful, we can add such an option for MKV/MP4 files
Not being pushy, but curious if this was on the near future horizon. I am going through a bunch of my 3D disks and re-ripping them to MVC so this feature would be quite handy! If it's imminent I'll wait.

Thanks!

Back