• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Automatic Region Code Detection

SalsaEgg

I am being prompted when I put some discs in to select a region code. This one is a Criterion blu-ray from the USA so I knew to select Region A, but is this normal or expected behavior? If I can't find an A on the case how can I be sure if it's Region A or Region-free? This is the disc summary, log is attached if helpful

Total size: 22934976 sectors (44794 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BRIGHTER_SUMMER_DAY_A_D2
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 58
Drive supports bus encryption!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed annoying video sequences!
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_E_BRIGHTER_SUMMER_DAY_A_D2_0BCACF61_4401C1BC.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
This is normal. Automatic detection does not work with all discs:
Code:
If it is bought in an "A" region (US, Criterion) select "A".

This is normal. Automatic detection does not work with all discs:
Code:
If it is bought in an "A" region (US, Criterion) select "A".

That's what I figured. It's just I have another movie that I bought here but on the blu-ray.com listing it says playback is region free: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Red-Cliff-Part-I-and-Part-II-Blu-ray/8746/ so in that case I would select disc is region free? Or does that mean it wouldn't matter which region I select when the dialog box comes up upon disc insertion?

That might work, but a safer bet would be to specify the region of the disc where you got it.

Back