• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Do I copy 'Fragments' on a disc?

Admiral Bison

Apologies as I couldn't find an answer for this.

When going through the copying I understand the following parts in the 'selection section':
'Main features'
'Bonus'
'Intros'

and all the ads and menus I have uncheck, but I am not sure what 'Fragments' are if they are parts of the main features that are out of order or are "deleted scenes"

I like to get all the bonus features of the blu ray, but I don't want to copy unnecessary files and waste storage space.

So do I need to copy them? (I will if they are simply deleted scenes.

Thank you.

** From the disc**

clarification I am not doing a straight .iso burn, just converting the disc content to .mkv.

I think that I understand what you're trying to do, and if so, here's what I did, as an example:

I used CloneBD to access a copy of my Looney Tunes Platinum Collection, Volume 3, Disc 1 ISO file, unencrypted, of course.

Next, I set CloneBD to MKV file setting, and then selected which sections I wanted copied, clicked next, and then was about to make a bunch of different MKV files. Of course, you realize that I can (and have in the past) changed the names of the MKV files to the cartoon name for each individual cartoon.

But, that's an example.

I'm attaching my example to this discussion. I hope that this helps you out in your situation.

:)

Attachments

• LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_A.jpg
    LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_A.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 7
  • LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_B.jpg
    LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_B.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 6
  • LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_C.jpg
    LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_C.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 6
  • LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_D.jpg
    LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_D.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 8
  • LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_E.jpg
    LT_Platinum_Coll_V3_Disc1_E.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for the reply.

I’ve been using CloneBD for a few months, fantastic software btw, but have always thought ‘fragments’ where deleted scenes but now I am not so sure.

yeah I am the section where you select ‘bonus’, ‘main features’ ‘intro’ etc...

I of course check ‘main feature/s’ I am just wondering with ‘fragments’ if they are ‘deleted scenes’ or just actual fragments of the main feature.

from what I’ve heard sometime blu rays “jumble” up the sequence order of videos for protection but maybe I’m understanding that wrong.

I like to copy extra features like bonuses, and deleted scenes but not copy “junk”.

Basically are ‘fragments’ actually deleted scenes even if they are not labeled, if so I will check them as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve been using CloneBD for a few months, fantastic software btw, but have always thought ‘fragments’ where deleted scenes but now I am not so sure.

yeah I am the section where you select ‘bonus’, ‘main features’ ‘intro’ etc...

I of course check ‘main feature/s’ I am just wondering with ‘fragments’ if they are ‘deleted scenes’ or just actual fragments of the main feature.

from what I’ve heard sometime blu rays “jumble” up the sequence order of videos for protection but maybe I’m understanding that wrong.

I like to copy extra features like bonuses, and deleted scenes but not copy “junk”.

Basically are ‘fragments’ actually deleted scenes even if they are not labeled, if so I will check them as well.

This is a good question.

I always thought the parts labelled Fragments were a necessary part of the Main Movie, so I've always included them in the selection.

But I was making a folder not .mkv's.

I'm not 100% sure what they are and will be looking to see what's the answer to this as you are...

T

I always thought the parts labelled Fragments were a necessary part of the Main Movie, so I've always included them in the selection.
You're right T. Look at this several Pixar titles witch split a movie into many parts. If you miss such a part it could be an incomplete film. Depending on how to watch a film you could have had a lot of work and only get crap. Therfore are the playlists wich rearrange the correct playing sequence.

You're right T. Look at this several Pixar titles witch split a movie into many parts. If you miss such a part it could be an incomplete film. Depending on how to watch a film you could have had a lot of work and only get crap. Therfore are the playlists wich rearrange the correct playing sequence.

I just pick the selections like 'main features' and watch them as .mkv files and and no missing parts in that respect, but I can't say for watching them as in some other form.

I do notice also when ripping tv series sometimes episodes are just labeled as 'fragments' so they are obviously necessary to have selected.

I do notice also when ripping tv series sometimes episodes are just labeled as 'fragments' so they are obviously necessary to have selected.
That's it. The correct playlist makes your player show everything as expected. If - for any reason a false playlist was taken, it belongs to the copy protection. I think you'll have to take a look at it. Perhaps a log file for Pete or James to become sure here.

You're right T. Look at this several Pixar titles witch split a movie into many parts. If you miss such a part it could be an incomplete film. Depending on how to watch a film you could have had a lot of work and only get crap.

That's what I figured!

I just pick the selections like 'main features' and watch them as .mkv files and and no missing parts in that respect

Good to know.

Probably CloneBD is smart enough to pick up Fragments it needs to create the full .mkv of the Main Title -- even if not selected...

T

Probably CloneBD is smart enough to pick up Fragments it needs
If AnyDVD hadn't done a good job CloneBD can't do more in this. You'll have to make sure that the copy protection is correctly removed. If not this could result in picking up a wrong playlist.

Last edited:
Having the main title split in multiple smaller parts is perfectly normal, just an fyi. It's called seamless transition and makes it easier to included multiple versions of the same movie (normal, directors etc) ok the same disc without having to include the whole title a 2nd time. They just add/remove/change certain scenes and they got an extra version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Having the main title split in multiple smaller parts is perfectly normal, just an fyi. It's called seamless transition and makes it easier to included multiple versions of the same movie (normal, directors etc) ok the same disc without having to include the whole title a 2nd time. They just add/remove/change certain scenes and they got an extra version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense.

That's why I make sure to include them when I want to make a full (but slightly edited) folder from the disc or .iso.

Thanks.

T

Back