• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Updates

Karl B

I'm curious... have there been any updates to AnyDVD in regards to removing Cinavia from backups?

My old Bluray player crapped out and now I'm getting the muting problems on a new unit.

I've read other threads about this, but they all seem to be about 4 or 5 years old.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm curious... have there been any updates to AnyDVD in regards to removing Cinavia from backups?

My old Bluray player crapped out and now I'm getting the muting problems on a new unit.

I've read other threads about this, but they all seem to be about 4 or 5 years old.

Any help is appreciated.
AnyDVD has been updated to block the Cinavia search in Cyberlink's PowerDVD for a long time now, so you could play your backup on a PC or laptop that has AnyDVD and PowerDVD, and you'd be fine.

Also, if possible, try to get a legit copy of Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra. That was the last release of PowerDVD that didn't check for Cinavia, and AnyDVD keeps that version usable, even though Cyberlink stopped support of that version years ago.

Basically, I'd just buy any average cheap DVD player. The specs for DVD were finalized a long time ago, years before Cinavia was invented.

As for Blu-ray players? Unfortunately, Blu-ray specs are such that stuff like Cinavia can be added to any Blu-ray player, especially those that were built from February 2012 onward.

If you can get a Blu-ray player (via eBay or Amazon) that was made prior to February 2012, then you'll never have to worry about Cinavia.

I hope that answered all your questions.

Good luck.

:)

EDIT: You can use CloneBD in conjunction with AnyDVD to create backups that don't have Cinavia, but the end result is that your sound will sound kind of tinny, especially if there is any background music playing.

Any help is appreciated.
A good upconverting DVD player runs about $30-$40 and doesn't know about Cinavia.

I'm not sure about this but if you have made copies in ISO format there is a good chance to load those with VirtualCloneDrive and remove Cinavia with the combination of AnyDVD and CloneD. If you have folders you can try to convert these with Imgburn to ISO and try the same.

I'm not sure about this but if you have made copies in ISO format there is a good chance to load those with VirtualCloneDrive and remove Cinavia with the combination of AnyDVD and CloneD. If you have folders you can try to convert these with Imgburn to ISO and try the same.
CloneDVD does not remove Cinavia. CloneBD does not work with DVD structure.

Sorry. There was a typo. I meant CloneBD and he was talking about BDs. I guess... since he talked about his BD player.

Back