• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray "USB" Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trader

I have a Blu-ray "USB" Hard Drive.
I am looking for a HD DVD "USB" Hard Drive

PM me if you want to know what my favorite Blu-ray movies are...

The only one out there at the moment is the drive for the Xbox 360 which works on the PC as well

Sorry my bad, Not looking for an XBox drive
Looking for another HTPC owner who likes to store there movies / Backup's on Hard drives.

Power DVD ultra will play both Blu-ray and HD DVD right from your HardDrive. If you lend someone your USB hard drive they could watch them and decide which ones they like and then go out and buy them. I am a Blu-ray fan but would like to see some HD DVD movies before I go out and Buy the HD DVD equipment for my HTPC

So if anyone whould like to lend me there USB hard drive with HD DVD movies on it I could in turn Lend out my USB hard drive with my Blu-ray movies.

Trader, you are suggesting piracy. I think you should read the forum rules.

Piracy? Not at All, I am simply asking if anyone would like to lend me there collection to view (Hard drive or Original Disc). If I lend you my original Blu-ray disc is that piracy? What you do with the original is the issue, I simply want to view movies in the HD DVD format before I spent the money on a Xbox or LG super blue drive.

I have a Blu-ray "USB" Hard Drive.
I am looking for a HD DVD "USB" Hard Drive

PM me if you want to know what my favorite Blu-ray movies are...

I hope you mean that you want DVD ROM Drives to rip these types of media there is no such thing as a bluray hard drive and a HD hard drive.

I simply want to view movies in the HD DVD format before I spent the money on a Xbox or LG super blue drive.

Then how would you be ripping the bought titles if they are on the hard drive if you don't own a drive to rip either format?

I have a HTPC and Own a Blu-ray drive. I back up my movies and lend them out on my USB hard drive. I have given up lending out my original disc because they always get damaged / scrached in the process.

As far as Piracy goes, I do not take part in that unlawful act. On the same note, I don't really care who does, I don't really feel bad for Rock stars or Movie stars that buy million dollar homes and have 17 cars!

No difference

With the exception of the difference in extras between the two formats, there is no difference in the two once you rip them to hard drive barring that both use the same encoding format (VC-1, H.264, or Mpeg-2).

I have backed up both to hard drive with AnyDVD, and there is no difference in quality.

No Takers? :(

This forum is not here to provide a venue for trading movies. Do so at your own risk, and never raise this issue here again please. Thread closed

:policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back