• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD not detecting iGPU (in combo with GTX 1080)

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
So in order to try something with a tool i use for processing 3D discs (got one handed to me, havent done this in a long time), and no. It's not "the monkey" (ugh), i needed to the iGPU. So i went into the bios of my board, enabled the iGPU (multi-monitor mode, set primary display to PEG) and to make sure it got enabled i added an HDMI dummy plug into the onboard video (which simulates an actual attached monitor). in the screenshot below you'll see the top left and center are my actual monitors. The bottom right one is the simulated.

Windows promptly detected the now onboard video, and asked to install drivers. I did, and rebooted. just to be sure. Intel DCH drivers 27.20.100.8476 got installed and out of curiosity i checked if CloneBD found the iGPU. It doesn't. CLBD refuses to detect the Onboard video (i distinctly remember it seeing enabled alongs side my GTX 1080 in an old version)

Should i be checking something on why CLBD doesn't detect the iGPU?

My DVD authoring tool for example (ConvertXtoDVD) does properly detect the Intel UHD graphics (630) built onto the 9900k

Attachments

• igpu.png
    igpu.png
    414.8 KB · Views: 32
Same happens with RTX2060, I posted this sometime ago in the German section. Same iGPU.

Download the image it's anything but blurry. Dual monitor on the top left.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

the image has a full soze of 1598x602 pixels.. I can't read anything there...

fixed

Attachments

• igpu.png
    igpu.png
    594.3 KB · Views: 32
Yes, a guy called Chesterson.... or Chabron.., well, some Belgian once put together a sticky here:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/f-a-q-clonebd-1-x-x-x-hw-acc-doesnt-work-what-to-do.71266/

Just follow the steps there, maybe it will shed some light (y)

Did you have to be so brutal? Now my feelings are hurt and bruised

C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneBD>drone.intel.x64.exe -supportedcodecs
Trying 00000304 @ version 1.9
result 0
query -> 302
DecodeHeader AVC-> 0
decode init -> -3
DecodeHeader VC1-> 0
decode init -> -15
DecodeHeader MPEG2-> 0
decode init -> -15

had to modify the commandline and add .x64 to the filename to get it to work. Maybe the x64 version is looking for the x86 drone or somethin

had to modify the commandline and add .x64 to the filename to get it to work. Maybe the x64 version is looking for the x86 drone or somethin
That's strange - the drone tries to decode AVC and the Intel API says "unsupported".

That's strange - the drone tries to decode AVC and the Intel API says "unsupported".
Anything you want me to test/do?

Anything you want me to test/do?
I don't have any ideas at the moment, the Intel drivers are terrible when it comes to tracing down problems. All you get is a "no", when hundreds of causes are possible.

If it's not too much hassle, can you see if it works when you remove the nVidia and plug the actual monitor into the Intel port?
(Though connecting a monitor should not be required, that was only required when using D3D9 - but according to the output DX11 was used).

With or without Nvidia drivers still installed.

With or without Nvidia drivers still installed.
I don't know, you judge that.
My problem is that I have no idea whatsoever. For me, the twin-setup Intel GPU + nVidia GPU works on two different PCs.
So as long as I don't have a clue whether it's the fact, that there are two GPUs or the fact that there are two sets of drivers or the fact that maybe some part of the drivers is missing, there's not much more left to do but playing around with it and trying what works and what doesn't.

ok, i'll tinker with it this weekend then. Can't afford to "mess" with the PC during the week :)

I've had no luck with Intel QuickSync with drivers dating back to 2019 when it comes to CloneBD. I posted about it back in February of 2019. The last drivers that I am aware of that worked with CloneBD were from 2018. Reference: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/int...100-6519-breaking-quicksync-in-clonebd.76588/

With the above being said, since I bought an NVIDIA RTX card I've had no use for QuickSync but it would definitely be nice as an option for people, in general.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel i7-6700K
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
Discrete GPU: RTX 2060

Code:
C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneBD>drone.intel.x64.exe -supportedcodecs
Trying 00000304 @ version 1.9
        result -3
Trying 00000302 @ version 1.9
        result -3
Trying 00000305 @ version 1.9
        result -3
Trying 00000306 @ version 1.9
        result -3
Trying 00000307 @ version 1.9
        result -3
Trying 00000003 @ version 1.9
        result 0
        query -> 1

C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneBD>

2020-08-19_184825.png

2020-08-19_185101.png

Last edited:
I've had no luck with Intel QuickSync with drivers dating back to 2019 when it comes to CloneBD.
Your results are a bit different from Ch3vr0n's.
His drivers said "Yes, I'm here, but I won't handle video, only games".

Yours don't even initialize.
The codes are:
0x304: activate QuickSync using DX11 on any suitable graphics device.

And because Intel driver at least used to have a bug, that would have 0x304 fail sometimes, CloneBD continues with
0x302: activate QuickSync using DX11 on device 0
0x305: activate QuickSync using DX11 on device 1
0x306: activate QuickSync using DX11 on device 2
0x307: activate QuickSync using DX11 on device 3

Every time the response is "unsupported".
Until the last one:
0x3: activate Quicksync any possible way.
That works, but that's no surprise - it's the super-slow software-QuickSync (orders of magnitude slower than ffmpeg). That one got installed by CloneBD itself.

I have an nVidia GTX1060 and Intel HD530.
Intel driver was September 2019, but I updated just now - June 2020. All fine.

So it doesn't seem to be the driver version or the actual chip and not purely the fact that we have another GPU installed.

Back