• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Crashing Issue

Aceso

I installed AnyDVD on 3 different pc's (2 running Windows 10, 1 running Windows 7).

Any time I have AnyDVD loaded to decrypt a disc and start to create a ISO of the DVD it causes my computer to hard lock and you have to manually turn it off and back on. If I have AnyDVD not loaded and then I try to create an ISO then it doesn't hard lock and finishes the image, but has the protection on it.

I tried looking for logs, but because of the hard lock none are created. The discs I am using came out around 2012 so I know it's not any new encryption that would've came out recently. Back then I was able to rip the discs to ISO without any issue, but now suffering constant issues.

I've tried the current version and rolled back to different versions and all the same issues.

Anything that might be causing the problem in particular?

Last edited:
Please try to create and post a logfile from a random disc.
I suspect either an anti-malware/anti vitus program to cause this, a third party driver or a hardware problem.

Please try to create and post a logfile from a random disc.
I suspect either an anti-malware/anti vitus program to cause this, a third party driver or a hardware problem.

That's part of the problem I am having though, I can't get it to generate a log file since it hard crashes the OS on any disc, with or without protections. I don't think it is a third party driver or hardware issue since it has occurred on three different machines. Two of which I don't have any Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware on since they are machines I test with to diagnose any issues I might have.

Can you create a logfile from an empty drive?

That's part of the problem I am having though, I can't get it to generate a log file since it hard crashes the OS on any disc, with or without protections.
It crashes during logfile creation?

I don't think it is during the log creation itself. It's when I am copying a disc that had protection on it (after AnyDVD removed it) the copy hard crashes the PC at around 50% so any logs that were created disappear.

Haven't tried with an empty drive, how would I get it to generate one off that?

I don't think it is during the log creation itself. It's when I am copying a disc that had protection on it (after AnyDVD removed it) the copy hard crashes the PC at around 50% so any logs that were created disappear.

Haven't tried with an empty drive, how would I get it to generate one off that?
You can create a log without copying anything. Put the disc in question in, right-click the Redfox icon (by the clock) and select Create Logfile. You do the same with an empty drive, you just don't have a disc in the drive.

Alright, after double checking and creating the log like someone else mentioned.

Creating the log with a disc in the drive causes it to hard crash around 30-50% and no log is generated at all.

Can you create a logfile from an empty drive?

I was able to get a log made on two different machines with two different versions. So creating a log without a disc is doable, but if there is any disc in there at all then it causes the hard crash. This happened on each machine (2 with Windows 10, 1 with Windows 7). Two of the machines have completely different DVD manufacturers (with one being a Blu-Ray drive as well)

Attaching two of the logs I got so far.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_Y_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    38 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    12.3 KB · Views: 1
Why are you using a 3 years old trial version (second logfile)?
The other has 15(!) AVG anti-something kernel drivers running. But I doubt, this is the problem. Is you optical drive connected to some kind of raid controller?

Why are you using a 3 years old trial version (second logfile)?
The other has 15(!) AVG anti-something kernel drivers running. But I doubt, this is the problem. Is you optical drive connected to some kind of raid controller?

As for the 3 year old trial version I am currently using the newest trial on the other to test the software before purchasing. After having an issue with the newest I downgraded the software with an older one because I knew in the past I was able to use it without having the issues I am having now. So I was testing and seeing.

As for AVG, that happened to be the machine it was running on at the time, but one of the other machines has no antivirus and still encounters it.

As for the raid controller I don't have any installed in my machine, so that isn't the case on it.

I am sorry, but I have no clue why it doesn't work for you but everybody else.

Back