• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 Removing AnyDVD HD

Dryst

It seems Microsoft is now removing AnyDVD automatically without warning. I reinstall it to restore functionality, but it gets removed again.

Any suggestions to prevent this from happening?

Thanks.

It could be that your virus scanner is responsible.
I found I have to exclude :
The installer SetupAnyDVD.exe and
\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD\anydvdtray.exe

It seems Microsoft is now removing AnyDVD automatically without warning.
Two machines with AnyDVD installed, One with Win10 Pro x64 and the other Win10 Home x86. Both having the latest updates installed this morning.

AnyDVD not getting removed on either.

Okay. It does not happen daily, but it happens every so often. I do not have any third party antivirus and only use Windows Defender built into Windows 10.

I did add C:\Program FIles (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD as an exclusion under Windows.

I am not uninstalling it, so it is being removed periodically by something.

I think it happens after some Windows Updates, so again I blame Microsoft for this.

Something fishy with your computer. It's for sure not Windows doing that.

I only know that DVDFab disables AnyDVD for no reason but have never heard of any program uninstalling it. So the question for you is what other software might want to disable / uninstall AnyDVD?

I think it happens after some Windows Updates, so again I blame Microsoft for this.
I also use use Windows Defender and have never had that problem. Has to be something else on your system then. :rockingchair:

The little redfox icon stops appearing in the task bar. I re-execute the installer stored on my NAS to bring it back. All of my settings are saved, so something it simply stopping it from auto start-up.

It seems to be only me facing this though, so I will simply keep re-installing it over and over.

That something is most likely your antivirus software going 'nuts' and seeing a problem where there isn't one. Take control of your AV, shut it up and then add an exclusion for the entire anydvd installation folder.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Something fishy with your computer. It's for sure not Windows doing that.

I only know that DVDFab disables AnyDVD for no reason but have never heard of any program uninstalling it. So the question for you is what other software might want to disable / uninstall AnyDVD?

I have never installed DVDFab.

I do have all of these currently installed though:

Nero 2019 Platinum (if this is doing it, this can actually go; I never use it)
VideoProc
CloneBD
CloneDVD2
BurnAware Professional
DivX 10

I have bunches of other software too, but those are the candidates I can think of.

I have no security software whatsoever. I also have no adware removal software whatsoever.

As I already posted above, I added "C:\Program FIles (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD" as an exclusion under Windows 10 Windows Defender that is built-in. I just did this today.

If it happens again, a simple re-install restores everything including my settings and registration.

Last edited:
Just try to investigate other possibilities and don't just say Windows 10 does that. It's highly unlikely. Take it from there.

Just try to investigate other possibilities and don't just say Windows 10 does that. It's highly unlikely. Take it from there.

"I do not know why AnyDVD gets removes from your Windows installation" is a fair and better response I think.

I will simply keep re-installing.

No need to respond to this anymore.

Whatever you like as a response. But liked responses usually don't help. Therefore either dig somewhere else or stop complaining here. You are on the wrong track accusing Windows 10 / Microsoft. And I'm not a supporter of Microsoft at all in the first place.

"I do not know why AnyDVD gets removes from your Windows installation" is a fair and better response I think.

I will simply keep re-installing.

No need to respond to this anymore.

Are you sure it’s uninstalled versus just not running. Next time it happens, Pull up the start menu and try to locate AnyDVD to see if it’s stopping instead of being uninstalled.

Are you sure it’s uninstalled versus just not running. Next time it happens, Pull up the start menu and try to locate AnyDVD to see if it’s stopping instead of being uninstalled.

Thank you, and this could be. Since a reinstall preserves everything, something could simply be stopping it from starting in the taskbar.

I will try this when it happens again.

This has not happened again since I posted to this thread, so this issue has vanished for now.

Back