• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Solved] Failed to send host key!

BubbleBrain

Hi Guys! Please go easy on me as I'm a a newbie:)

Summary for drive M: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.9.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 10545888 sectors (20597 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DRACULA
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
Failed to send host key!
Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

For Disc Origin please click on link below.

Thanking you.

https://dvdstorespain.es/en/recomen...-numerada-blu-ray-blu-ray--8435479605234.html

That sounds like James has not yet implemented decryption of version 76 of AACS in AnyDVD HD. Try version 8.4.9.2 beta of AnyDVD HD which can be downloaded in its respective thread in the relevant section. He may have resolved this in the current beta build.

That sounds like James has not yet implemented decryption of version 76 of AACS in AnyDVD HD. Try version 8.4.9.2 beta of AnyDVD HD which can be downloaded in its respective thread in the relevant section. He may have resolved this in the current beta build.

Many thanks for your speedy reply Soft and Sly, but unfortunately that made no difference:( Please excuse my ignorance but what happens from here?

If you did instal and repeat the procedure using the beta build, you must wait for James to add capability to decrypt version 76 of AACS. Usually, he does so sooner than later.

If you did instal and repeat the procedure using the beta build, you must wait for James to add capability to decrypt version 76 of AACS. Usually, he does so sooner than later.
Just so I'm clear on the correct procedure for any future "failed to send host key" issues, have I posted here correctly? and secondly, I assume James has to add decryption capability for this particular disc in the database... yes? Sorry for all the questions. Many thanks again for your help:)

He must add support for any given version of the AACS encryption scheme in AnyDVD HD and potentially in the offline database although that is less likely. The offline database can be installed alongside the programme to circumvent AnyDVD HD from requiring internet access for most DVD and 1080p Blu-ray discs; UHD [2160p] Blu-ray discs are not supported with regards to the offline database. I presume the disc information must be added in the online database as well as general AACS decryption support in the actual programme. The technical reason why versions of AACS must be added in the programme are beyond the scope of this thread.

He must add support for any given version of the AACS encryption scheme in AnyDVD HD and potentially in the offline database although that is less likely. The offline database can be installed alongside the programme to circumvent AnyDVD HD from requiring internet access for most DVD and 1080p Blu-ray discs; UHD [2160p] Blu-ray discs are not supported with regards to the offline database. I presume the disc information must be added in the online database as well as general AACS decryption support in the actual programme. The technical reason why versions of AACS must be added in the programme are beyond the scope of this thread.
Many thanks for your detailed response as it's very much appreciated. Just one more newbie question if i may? How will James know that I am having this issue with this particular disc? Do I have to PM him or something or does he browse the forums looking for issues?

I am confident he will see this thread. He always seems to know about these issues soon after.

I am confident he will see this thread. He always seems to know about these issues soon after.
Roger that! I won't bug you anymore and thanks again as you are a great resource and a credit to the forum. Take care:)

We added support for MKB 76 in March.

Just so I'm clear on the correct procedure for any future "failed to send host key" issues
You will have to create an AnyDVD log file from that disc and post it here, so we can see the full picture.

We added support for MKB 76 in March.

You will have to create an AnyDVD log file from that disc and post it here, so we can see the full picture.

Hey there Pete, thanks for you interest in helping this newbie out but now it's all good. After a reboot I've had no issues whatsoever:) Good as gold!

Thanking you all for your support:)

Back