• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile version 1.9.5.0 keeps crashing

Snarfys

Every time I try to convert my dvd's to Apple Ipad movies, CloneDVD mobile crashes once I select the source drive (Dvd drive with original disc). I've never had any problems for years until this past week. I am running windows 10 64bit 1909 version if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Every time I try to convert my dvd's to Apple Ipad movies, CloneDVD mobile crashes once I select the source drive (Dvd drive with original disc). I've never had any problems for years until this past week. I am running windows 10 64bit 1909 version if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am having the same issue, surprised no one has offered a solution yet. Is there another thread I am missing?

I am having the same issue, surprised no one has offered a solution yet. Is there another thread I am missing?
Not really, there is supposed to be (at some point) a new version that is supposed to solve these issues. The 17xx, 18xx, and 19xx versions all had issues in different ways. The only stable version that works every time is the old Slysoft version 1.2.0.1. That is the one I use. The only problem is you must have a Slysoft license for it to work, you cannot use the Redfox license.

Maybe, one of these days, they will come through with a new, stable, version.

I too am having a problem where app crashes. I point it to the AnyDVD image I made, the application just shuts down. Any thoughts? (Obviously no log file.)

Not really, there is supposed to be (at some point) a new version that is supposed to solve these issues. The 17xx, 18xx, and 19xx versions all had issues in different ways. The only stable version that works every time is the old Slysoft version 1.2.0.1. That is the one I use. The only problem is you must have a Slysoft license for it to work, you cannot use the Redfox license.

Maybe, one of these days, they will come through with a new, stable, version.
Do you know how to get a download that version?

Glad it's not just me...

I mean, any error message or logging would be helpful but nope, just a crash and close...

@Fabian ,

I really don't get why this old version is more stable than the new one. Did the developer leave Elby? Otherwise this makes no sense at all since Elby was always Elby.

@Fabian ,

I really don't get why this old version is more stable than the new one. Did the developer leave Elby? Otherwise this makes no sense at all since Elby was always Elby.
What would be good until a new version does come, would be to make a version 1.2.0.2 that is exactly like 1201 except works with a Redfox license. At least that way everyone can use a stable version that works with every disc. 1.2.0.1 with a Slysoft license, 1.2.0.2 with a Redfox. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to just make the license change.

What would be good until a new version does come, would be to make a version 1.2.0.2 that is exactly like 1201 except works with a Redfox license. At least that way everyone can use a stable version that works with every disc. 1.2.0.1 with a Slysoft license, 1.2.0.2 with a Redfox. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to just make the license change.
Most likely Elby left the licence handling to Slysoft these days and they have no idea about these old licences. But just a wild guess.... We need a statement from Elby regarding this.

@Fabian , @Reto ?

Most likely Elby left the licence handling to Slysoft these days and they have no idea about these old licences. But just a wild guess.... We need a statement from Elby regarding this.

@Fabian , @Reto ?
Since CDVDm is being sold by Redfox, I wouldn't think Elby has anything to do with it now.

Luckily for me and anyone else prior to the end of Slysoft, I still have a Slysoft license for CloneDVDmobile, but I agree with the last two posters that there should be a interim version of CDVDM that matches the last stable one until the software is properly updated.

Since CDVDm is being sold by Redfox, I wouldn't think Elby has anything to do with it now.
As far as I know there were no changes on the Elby side. They were never affected by circumventing copy protection rules since their products only work with material that is not copy protected. But there were maybe changes in their staff and they struggle with CloneDVDMobile. But that' s just a guess. I still like to get a response from Elby.

I know that this particular problem showed up every now and then with CloneDVD mobile.
I also know, that we tried over and over again to reproduce it and never succeeded. Which is why there was no fix until today.
It happens to very few people - if we can gather a number of them and have them describe their PCs and drives, maybe we can deduce a common element, that triggers this crash.
For me, CloneDVD mobile 1950 just works.

Does anyone know if Slysoft intends to update this program, considering if we have the lifetime updates. Can anyone from Slysoft respond to that please?

Does anyone know if Slysoft intends to update this program, considering if we have the lifetime updates. Can anyone from Slysoft respond to that please?
You mean RedFox, since Slysoft hasn't been in existence in 5 years.

Edit: Thanks, Ch3vr0n for posting at about the same time I was.

:)

Yeah, that's what I meant. I had Slysoft, and I have RedFox lifetime and they have not updated it in years. It seems that it does NOT make any difference as far as getting it updated? Does anyone know if they'll get around to updating it? It would be welcomed.

Hey guys, I know this is a semi-old thread. However, I found a site that listed a few fixes; one of which worked for me. Although the site is fairly old, you may be able to modify the recommendations to suit your needs. My issue was with RoboForm running in the background. I whitelisted CloneDVDMobile and it now works flawlessly. Good luck!

Code:
http://www.macinations.com/2012/02/14/clonedvd-mobile-hangs-or-closes-after-selecting-a-disc/

Last edited by a moderator:
The above link also had a solution that worked for me. The fix was to select compatibility mode Vista SP1.

Back