• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD will not start without a DVD-drive (after removing Virtual CloneDrive)

Jappa

After uninstall of Virtual CloneDrive I was unable to start AnyDVD (AnyDVD-autostart was disabled at that moment). There was a message about the missing VCD-drive but that was it.
Solved by reinstalling AnyDVD and the (required) reboot of my PC. I could enter the settings of AnyDVD and make adjustments (like: Autostart and disable warning about missing DVD-drives).
How did I get into this situation? I have a USB DVD-drive but it is not connected (only when needed). I had Virtual CloneDrive installed, so there was always a 'drive' present. But, after Windows 10-2004 update I had 'bluescreens' when rebooting or shutting down Windows. Driver issue. VCD removed, system OK.
So: my PC has no DVD-drives. And I wanted to start AnyDVD...
Maybe a new stuation for AnyDVD: Windows 10 does not need a (virtual) DVD-drive present. Just rightclick on a DVD.iso, choose open with Explorer and there it is, a virtual drive: "MSFT VIRTUAL DVD-ROM 1.0".
It works great when AnyDVD is active! It scans the new drive at once.

Compared to VCD, the microsoft one is rudimentary at best, and afaik often doesn't work well with AnyDVD's operations.

That said, VCD and AnyDVD work just fine here on my complicated hardware setup on v2004

After uninstall of Virtual CloneDrive I was unable to start AnyDVD (AnyDVD-autostart was disabled at that moment). There was a message about the missing VCD-drive but that was it.
Solved by reinstalling AnyDVD and the (required) reboot of my PC. I could enter the settings of AnyDVD and make adjustments (like: Autostart and disable warning about missing DVD-drives).
How did I get into this situation? I have a USB DVD-drive but it is not connected (only when needed). I had Virtual CloneDrive installed, so there was always a 'drive' present. But, after Windows 10-2004 update I had 'bluescreens' when rebooting or shutting down Windows. Driver issue. VCD removed, system OK.
So: my PC has no DVD-drives. And I wanted to start AnyDVD...
Maybe a new stuation for AnyDVD: Windows 10 does not need a (virtual) DVD-drive present. Just rightclick on a DVD.iso, choose open with Explorer and there it is, a virtual drive: "MSFT VIRTUAL DVD-ROM 1.0".
It works great when AnyDVD is active! It scans the new drive at once.
I tried to reproduce this, but AnyDVD starts just fine without an optical drive. I tested version 8.4.9.1
If you get "blu screens" with VCD, something is very wrong with your machine. You could post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc.

Back