• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Burn process failed, do you want to replace the medium and retry?"

richbikerun

Hi folks,

Ripping with AnyDVD HD, trying to back up BD's with CloneBD. I usually get the following error message at 99% burn complete; "Burn process failed, do you want to replace the medium and retry?"
Has been going on for years, diffenent pc's s (Windows 7 and 10,) different burners and different media.
Occasionally it does burn a back up that I can watch.

(00:01:45.035)-burn error message

Yes, I am a newbie. Anyone know how to solve gets a dozen coasters!!!

Thanks to all, be healthy!

Rich!

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.9.0.Lambert and Stamp.cbdlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
As burning is the 2nd stage of the cloning process (visible by the different color in the bottom progression bar), I'll assume the most important part 1st part (the actual encoding) completed successfully and moved into the changed color part (pt 2).

CloneBD basically only acts as an intermediate during burning. It just tells the drive 'hey, I have X amount of data I need you to burn like this. Let me know when you're done', then it just sits there constantly feeding the data the drive needs until the drive says 'all data burned, I'm done'.

CloneBD has no impact on the actual burn process. That's exclusively down to the drive and the following things

- the brand and type of disc used to burn to
- the speed you request to burn at
- the speed the drive supports burning the disc you inserted at

So the main questions at this point are:

What brand of discs are you using and what is their MID/DID (media identifier)?
What drive are you using and what's the firmware revision?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ch3vron,

Thank you for taking time to read and solve my long and on-going issue.
It's Samsung drive, tried another one that is, well, worse. They are external drives. Media was also purchased at Amazon. Have used both for years with other apps, no problem. OK. Would you be able to suggest a (Win10) external BD burner and media (25 and 50 gb???) Will not only respond with coasters but a glass to put on the coaster!!! If your suggestions work I will fill your glass on the coaster!

Thanks!

Rich!!!

Before we start recommending media, we need to know which ones you're using now and what their MID is

@richbikerun
Regardless of which burner you are currently using, the Pioneer linked by you is definitely a good choice. Generally, the burners with BD-DL media have problems with the layer break. Errors arise here and the film gets stuck here during playback. Most of the time it is after about an hour of play, because this is where the layebreak comes.
However, the blanks used are also important. You can find a hint in my link. The media code VERBAT-IMf-000 or MEI-T02-001 is the first choice. Even if Verbatim is on the packaging, the blanks can be from another manufacturer. Even the best burner cannot save anything with bad blanks.

Before we start recommending media, we need to know which ones you're using now and what their MID is

If you are already using such blanks you are on the safe side.

[
If you are already using such blanks you are on the safe side.

Not anymore I'm afraid. Verbatim has a cheap cheap line too (the 'life series') and the world's crappiest disc manufacturer (CMC Magnetics) bought up Verbatim. It's probably only a matter of time before quality starts to degrade too.

The MID is still very much required.

Not anymore I'm afraid. Verbatim has a cheap cheap line too (the 'life series') and the world's crappiest disc manufacturer (CMC Magnetics) bought up Verbatim. It's probably only a matter of time before quality starts to degrade too.
You are right. For this I posted the media codes:
VERBAT-IMf-000 or MEI-T02-001
My current order from Japan has the media code MEI-T02-001.
I ordered here: https://www.amazon.com/-/de/Verbatim-Blu-ray-Disc-pcs-Spindle/dp/B0056DV0L4/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=verbatim+BD+50&qid=1593334087&sr=8-7
Burning speed 2x for best results recomanded.

If you order here you will allways get 1st grade media.

I wouldn't be surprised though if in a while even the online good stuff gets replaced with their crappy cmc stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised though if in a while even the online good stuff gets replaced with their crappy cmc stuff.
Media codes let's you if you order crap or 1st grade. Not all sellers show this code. You might have to ask for this before you order.

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying sooner or later I wouldn't be surprised if the right media codes get replaced entirely with cmc crap or they'll use the same mid but replace them with their crappy quality discs.

Now as to the code itself, can't exactly go ask the sellers to open up a pack and check the code can we.

Perhaps Pioneer burners will be crap in near future too. We ca can go on with this endless..
For the moment my mentioned media codes are fine and should be a solution for @richbikerun.
If you are too frightend to buy some blank in Japan I can give you only one final advice : leave it!

Ch3vron and kufo,

You folks are great, I appreciate all your time and help.
Pioneer burner is in my Amazon cart so as to replace the Samsungs I have been using which no longer have updated drivers or any kind of software.
Media is some cheap stuff on Amazon, "ValueDisc," for 25gb. I cannot find media code but have been using many a spindle of this and produced many coasters with CloneBD (ImgBurn, too!) This is why I am asking for reccommendations for 25 and 50g media so I can order. If there is anyway I can locate media code please let me know.

Insert a blank disc and open Imgburn. Now you see the media code in status window.

Hi kufo,
Found this on what I've been using:
MID: CMCMAG-BA5-000
Any suggestions on 25 and 50g I could use from amazon??
Thanks much.

Hi richbikerun,

As BD 50media i would recomand this: https://www.amazon.com/-/de/Verbatim-Blu-ray-Disc-pcs-Spindle/dp/B0056DV0L4/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=verbatim+BD+50&qid=1593334087&sr=8-7
BD 25 works fine with MediaRange for me. (MID: VERBAT-IMf-000) but these are only available in europe I think. You could try these: https://www.amazon.com/-/de/Verbatim-Original-Spindle-Printable-Blueray/dp/B008F5M2OY/ref=sr_1_6?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=296GR0CJRKB5C&dchild=1&keywords=bd-r+25gb+printable&qid=1593374139&sprefix=bd-r+25,aps,226&sr=8-6&th=1
Looks for me as if it is 1st grade but not really sure about that :(
On the other hand your MID: CMCMAG-BA5-000 may be burned fine with the new Pioneer drive. It´s really an excelent burner (y) But....For reading Asus/LG is better. I´m using LG for reading (UHD friendly) and Pioneer for writing.
Burn speed 2x and no coasters at all.
My suggestion: Order the Pioneer first and give your "crap" media a chance with the new drive. If you still produce coasters try the Verbatim linked above.

kufo

Last edited:
For 50 GB double layer please only use the discs recommended by kufo. Anything else will most likely result in stutters at the layer break that can't be moved compared to DVD-DL. BD50 just burn to the limit of the first layer and then continue with the 2nd layer. The outer section of the first layer is very critical and mostly sub-standard quality using cheap media and will result in stutters. With DVD-DL you could influence this and tell the burner to burn only so much data on the first layer and avoid this area and then switch to the second layer. Not for BD50. Therefore these discs need to have pristine quality up to the outer edge of layer one.

BD25 are less critical. Most media will work. But please be aware. Same logic applies to the outer area. So you better limit cheap media to something approx. 20 to 22 Gb to avoid the outer area where these discs might start to have issues.

Last edited:
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying sooner or later I wouldn't be surprised if the right media codes get replaced entirely with cmc crap or they'll use the same mid but replace them with their crappy quality discs.

Now as to the code itself, can't exactly go ask the sellers to open up a pack and check the code can we.

Please recommend the best Belgian waffle brand which you surely know best compared to us. But speculation about future media manufacturers of any brand isn't any help to anybody.

Back