• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Different sizes when copying UHD Triple-layer discs

pjouy

Translator (fr)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering why there was such big différences between UHD Triple-layer discs and their copies to hard disc (made by Windows' copy or AnyDVD, it's the same). Screenshots attached (image 1 & 2.jpg).
Difference goes from ~400MB to up to 7 GB, depending of discs.
Those numbers are exactly the same between Windows' Explorer copy feature and AnyDVD rip one.

Image1.jpg Image2.jpg

I did not see such different sizes with Dual-layer discs (image3.jpg)
Image3.jpg

As far as I can tell, all (decrypted) ripped discs play fine.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Lead in / lead out / space around the layer breaks.
Try to rip to image.

I have almost the same difference when comparing Ripped to ISO file with the extracted ISO.
Image4.jpg

So there are zero'd parts just to fill the disc on triple-layer disc and not double-layer?

So there are zero'd parts just to fill the disc on triple-layer disc and not double-layer?
Yes, and mirrors of the partition / directory structure / file sector locations.

Hmm, it's interresting, thanks for those infos James (y)
On another TL disc, there is "only" 400MB difference, not 7GB. That's wired (or less space available for mirrors and zeros).

Is it related to that triple-layer discs are less reliable (and also more difficult to load for "friendly" drives)?

Back