• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Battlefield 2/2142 freezes

I'm having this problem ever since I installed the latest version of Gamejackal - it always worked fine before. Now Battlefield 2 freezes every 20-30 secs.

When I installed the new copy of game jackal I had to re-create the profile because the old one stopped working in the new version, since then I've had the freezing problem.

I'm running XP on an Athlon 64 3500+ with Game Jackal v2.9.18.570

The game runs fine if I turn Gamejackal off and run off DVD.

Also, Oblivion stopped working with Gamejackal, (kept asking for the DVD), but when I put the oblivion disk in the drive Gamejackal said I'd put the wrong disk in.

Last edited:
BF2142 Problems

I have looked all through the posts, but have not found a solution as of yet.

My BF2142 keeps 'stuttering' in game, at random moments.

here is my info

1. v2.9.18.570
2. Battlefield 2142
3. 1.25
4. DVD
5. Australia
Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Games\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 8404081 (0803C71h) Bytes
-> File has 1224305 (012AE71h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 06D8E00h
[!] Safedisc 4.70.000 detected !
[!] protection level: Safedisc API
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> cdkey
- Scan Took : 0.641 Seconds
7. Windows XP Professional SP2
8. Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz
9. Stutters and freezes
10. LG DVD burner (not sure how to find firmware)
12. ZoneAlarm Internet Security 7.0.337

PS This does not happen in Singleplayer. I used the Ultra High scan mode to create profile, the automatic way, did not work, it kept asking for DVD.

Any ideas? This is quite frustrating because I basically bought GJ for this one purpose :( If you have any ideas please PM me.

how long to wait?

Sigh, how long do you think we will have to wait? Can any of the Slysoft staff confirm that the problem will be fixed and what date we can expect it?

I think a priority is to first get it working on Windows XP.

I can confirm that the continual freezing for 4-5 secs is also a problem for me on BF2142 and BF2. I did, however, create the profiles with VirtualCloneDrive and anti-virus software being active so I'll re-create these profiles without that stuff running to see if that's the cause of the problem.

Required info:
1. 2.9.18.570
2. XP Pro SP2
3. VirtualCloneDrive was running when I created the profiles
4. No packet writing software running at the time
5. Safedisc 4.70.000 (BF2142)
6. BF2142
7. v1.25
8. CD Version
9. Australia
10. AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.00GHz 2.00GB RAM
11. Imation IMWDVRW16DLI
12. Avast 4.7 Home Edition, ClamWin 0.91.2, ThreatFire 3.0.0.15
13. Freezes for about 4-5 seconds every minute or so while playing game.

Last edited:
Sigh, how long do you think we will have to wait? Can any of the Slysoft staff confirm that the problem will be fixed and what date we can expect it?

I think a priority is to first get it working on Windows XP.

This has got me stumped :doh: I can't replicate the problem here, in either XP or Vista. However this is my number one priority and I will ensure it gets sorted ASAP.

In the meantime, please keep sending as much info as possible... it all helps.

Can I ask that users do the following (and let me know the results for each test).
1) Start the profile, then alt-tab to the desktop and shutdown Game Jackal.
2) Start the profile, then alt-tab to the desktop and DO NOT shutdown Game Jackal. Instead open the task manager (right-click on the task bar) and kill the Game Jackal process (gamejackal.exe).
3) Edit the profile and uncheck "Auto start". Once done, start the profile (the game itself should NOT start). You will then need to manually launch BF (from the start menu).
4) Edit the profile (re-enable auto start), select the "Advanced options" and the change the "Use process" option to "All processors".

Last edited:
B2142 - Lock-up

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running? 2.9.18.570
NOTE: I bought GJ, but it shows as "Trial". How do I register?

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? WinXP, Service Pack 2

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles.
=> None

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.) => None

5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number. => you should know "BF2142".

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? BF2142

7. What is the version of the game? Patch v1.25?

8. Is it cd or dvd version? DVD

9. What region or country is the original disc from? unknown

10. What cpu are you running? Intel centrino duo core

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? External sony (USB)

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. => turned off Anti-virus and software firewall; still no work

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages. => 99% of time screen is frozen

14. You should have two log files in your Game Jackal directory. The first is called. Proc Monitor.log, and the second is called Profiler.log. Copy and past the information into your next post. Here is one way to do it: [script]text of the log file[/script]

Proc Monitor.log
Game Jackal log file - Proc Monitor
Log date - 8/18/2007 12:00:15 PM

Monitoring process ID 5456
Process ID 5456 was not found, debouncing...
Process ID 0 still was not found, searching for another process...
Process ID 0 was still not found, leaving...
Process method used, monitored BF2142.exe

Ok... I have just built another test machine (XP Pro) and I do believe there is some freezing occurring in MP mode (although it is very slight). With some further testing I was able to fix the freezing by :-
1) Editting the BF profile.
2) Uncheck the "Auto start" option.
3) Now start the profile (the game will no longer start as auto start is disabled).
4) Start the game manually from the start menu.

The issue seems to be with GJ launching the game, if GJ does not launch the game then it appears to be fine.

Can users please try the latest beta at http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal.exe

I don't expect this beta to fix the issue, however there are a number of registry setting we can now try to help determine the problem.

First test the beta as is.

Next, add the DWORD entry "Ignore Processor Count" and set it to "1" to the Game Jackal registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal) then try again.

sometimes i experience a freeze in loading up bf 2142, the splash screen appears and the screen goes black...... then it stays black (instead of just going to the EA logo).

E6300 core 2 duo oc'd to 2.00 ghz
Radeon 2600 XT
Asus P5B Motherboard
2GB DDR2 800MHz Corsair Memory
Soundmax onboard sound

Punkbuster 2142 Warning

Hi!

I tried the software with Battlefield 2142, and after a few minutes, I got a permanent Punk Buster GUID Ban! :mad:

So I am FAR from happy with the software! It was the trial version I was using btw!

I uninstalled the software, but that didn't help! Still banned, and Evenbalance(PB creators) are not know to lift bans.... talk about wasting time and money!

So no more Jackal or 2142 for me! :(

Hi!

I tried the software with Battlefield 2142, and after a few minutes, I got a permanent Punk Buster GUID Ban! :mad:

So I am FAR from happy with the software! It was the trial version I was using btw!

I uninstalled the software, but that didn't help! Still banned, and Evenbalance(PB creators) are not know to lift bans.... talk about wasting time and money!

So no more Jackal or 2142 for me! :(

With the many, many 1000's of GJ users, and the fact I personally play BF all the time (using GJ) so I would doubt this was/is a GJ issue (GJ does not modify any code for a start). If you have honestly been banned for no reason, then you need to email Evenbalance.

Id like to thank the GJ team the new beta solved my bf2 problems. If theres any info needed ill provide, thanks again. -Leon

I got around it somehow?!

I was having this issue. I would begin the profiling process, play the game for x-amount of time, then when I quit the game and let Game Jackal do its thing, it would freeze and lockup the system. I would have to reset my computer. But, the profile works and I can play BF2 without the disc in the drive.

My process: Right-clicked on game icon and selected "Convert to Game Jackal Profile". Profile Wizard begins, selected drive, proceeded to Step 2. Selected Automatic Mode, checked Image Mode and unchecked Use Quick Launch, proceeded to Step 3. Kept Automatically Launch Game checked and proceeded to play the game. After a while of playing, I exited game and Game Jackal began building profile. Game Jackal would then freeze (during first phase) and then the system would lockup. I reset the system and opened Game Jackal. Game (BF2) profile was saved. I right-clicked the BF2 profile and selected Edit Profile. I then clicked Advanced Options. In Advanced Options, all items are unchecked, but I changed the multi-processor to use both processors. BF2 Game Jackal Profile now works like a charm. This program is amazing.

Something I noticed in BF2 while Game Jackal was profiling in the background was it caused severe graphics lag. The screen (game action) would pause randomly for 1-2 seconds every 15-20 seconds.

Processor: Intel P4 3.0gHz, 800mHz FSB, 2Mb L2 cache
Motherboard: Asus P5GD1
Memory: 2Gb DDR-400 OCZ + 1Gb DDR-400 Samsung RAM
Graphics Card: MSI 256Mb nVidia GeForce 6600 (PCI-E) (OC'd)
Hard-drive: Western Digital 250Gb, 7200RMP, 8Mb cache
CD/DVD-drive: LG GSA-4167B
Operating System: Windows XP Pro, SP2, 32-bit.
Game: Battlefield 2, CD, Patch 1.41, Canada.
Game Jackal: 2.9.18.565/2.9.18.555

Running programs: Windows Live Messenger, AVG Anti-virus, AnyDVD, Epson Print, Asus PC Probe, Realtek Audio, nVidia Display, Game Jackal, + many other discreet background system processes.

I should also mention I did disable all virtual drives as described in the troubleshooter before beginning the profiling process.

Last edited:
Something I noticed in BF2 while Game Jackal was profiling in the background was it caused severe graphics lag. The screen (game action) would pause randomly for 1-2 seconds every 15-20 seconds.

Game Jackal should not be profiling while you are still playing... It should only occur once you exit.

Also, there is a new GJ plugin in the latest beta which should address any in-game freezing issue.

BattleField 2142 v1.40
I noticed the parameters are not being forwarded to the game anymore..

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running? 2.9.18.610
2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? XP Home SP2
3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles.
4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)
5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.
6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? BattleField 2142
7. What is the version of the game? v1.40
8. Is it cd or dvd version? DVD
9. What region or country is the original disc from? USA
10. What cpu are you running? Intel 3.42ghz EE
11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? Already Profiled
12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. AVG v7.5
13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
14. You should have two log files in your Game Jackal directory. The first is called. Proc Monitor.log, and the second is called Profiler.log. Copy and past the information into your next post. Here is one way to do it: [script]text of the log file[/script]
15. Please do the tests here: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=30

Last edited:
"i do not have this problem."

i was wrong, i did have this problem. i never experienced this problem with BF2, however with my purchase of 2142, i used gamejackal from the start right after the install. i experienced 2-3 second frame delay every 5 seconds. first i thought it was a 2142 problem with the game design. then i thought it was my internet. finally i read online that gamejackal was causing this problem, i turned off gamejackal, and the problem went away. now with the plugin included in the software there seems to be no problem.

intel core 2 duo 6300 oc'd to 2.00ghz
2 GB Corsair DDR2
ATI 2600XT
Asus P5B Motherboard
Creative Soundblaster Audigy Value

Last edited:
Back