• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issues with playback for "Ready or Not" film (Canadian rental DVD)

Big Jeff

Folks,

Having an issue playing the ripped version of this DVD. I have tested the burned disc in two different Samsung Blu-ray players and from the menu screen, whether I press"play", or pick a scene, the player just chugs from play to menu to play continuously. Note that this burned DVD seems to play ok on my PC. Also note that both Blu-ray players' firmware is up to date.

I get no errors when ripping the disc, although upon review, the file format looks a little weird to my uneducated eye. See sample below.

I've attached a log file as well. Using AnyDVD HD 8.4.9.0 and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.6.

Thoughts?

upload_2020-6-17_14-34-36.png

upload_2020-6-17_14-37-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-17_14-34-9.png
    upload_2020-6-17_14-34-9.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_D_READY_OR_NOT.ziplog
    162.2 KB · Views: 5
All is looking good to me.

So, originally I had unchecked all the boxes except for the movie file, and the result failed to play on my home Blu-ray players. This time I didn't uncheck any of the boxes, and result plays properly, at the expense of video quality.
Apparently, at least one additional file must be maintained besides the movie file in order to operate correctly.

Is there any way to determine which files can be safely unchecked in order to improve the picture quality? I assume that trailers, extras and foreign language subtitles could probably be removed, but it seems like a random hit-or-miss exercise.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

upload_2020-6-17_19-35-15.png

Do you need the Menu? Did you try doing just the main movie with the "Preserve menus" box unchecked?

Through trial and error, and few dud discs, I was able to get a working copy up to 86% quality with menus after unchecking the trailers, the FBI warning, and most of the extras. Good enough.

Case closed, I guess, though it would be nice if there is some way to identify vital files besides the main film file.

As always, new insights and suggestions appreciated.

So, originally I had unchecked all the boxes except for the movie file, and the result failed to play on my home Blu-ray players.
To be perfectly clear: With or without keeping menus? If you don't copy menus, I see no reason why playback could fail. Even if you only copy a single title.

Hi James,

With menus. All instances (both failures and successes) were with menus. I always try to keep the menu, even if I don't save the extras. When I said that I had "unchecked all the boxes", I meant the file boxes.

Is maintaining the menu a possible source of problems?

Is maintaining the menu a possible source of problems?
It shouldn't be, but in this case, yes. Unless you can find the correct title(s) to keep. I can't help you without the disc, sorry.

Back