• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Version 8490 will not load

Mr. Burnz

For some reason, when I try to update to version 8490, I get a message that reads "Error opening file for writing: C:\Windows\system32\ElbyCDIO.dll and that's as far as it gets. I've tried uninstalling 8482, and it still doesn't work. So far reinstalling 8482 works. Any help would be appreciated.

For some reason, when I try to update to version 8490, I get a message that reads "Error opening file for writing: C:\Windows\system32\ElbyCDIO.dll and that's as far as it gets. I've tried uninstalling 8482, and it still doesn't work. So far reinstalling 8482 works. Any help would be appreciated.
You are the only one reporting that, so my guess would be a corrupt download. Delete the one you did, then download and try again.

You are the only one reporting that, so my guess would be a corrupt download. Delete the one you did, then download and try again.
I've tried downloading and installing it three times.

Please check in device manager, if there are any hanging applications using ElbyCDIO.dll.
Possible candidates are:
AnyDVDtray.exe
CloneDVD.exe
CloneBD.exe
VCDDaemon.exe
ImgBurn.exe

Also disable all Virus scanners and anti malware programs during installation.

Please check in device manager, if there are any hanging applications using ElbyCDIO.dll.
Possible candidates are:
AnyDVDtray.exe
CloneDVD.exe
CloneBD.exe
VCDDaemon.exe
ImgBurn.exe

Also disable all Virus scanners and anti malware programs during installation.
Thank you very much. I opened up Task Manager and found VCDDaemon.exe was running in the background. I disabled it and my virus scanner, and 8490 loaded with no problems whatsoever.

You've gotten it to work, but something to consider in the future if this happens again, if you didn't try it. Did you try rebooting your PC, NOT just logging out and back into Windows, and try installing it again?

You've gotten it to work, but something to consider in the future if this happens again, if you didn't try it. Did you try rebooting your PC, NOT just logging out and back into Windows, and try installing it again?
Yes, I did that also.

That is odd. Usually when Windows has hijacked a file, restarting the PC frees it. Must have been your AV software capturing it and not releasing it.

That is odd. Usually when Windows has hijacked a file, restarting the PC frees it. Must have been your AV software capturing it and not releasing it.
VCDDaemon is started with User login. Anti Virus Software probably prevented AnyDVD installer from stopping VCDDaemon. Result = install failure.

I forgot that. I have that loading on startup, too, because I'm guessing that's the Virtual CloneDrive driver. I don't use third party AV software anymore, so that's probably why I never had a problem updating AnyDVD.

Back