• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D Warning for a Non-3D Disc

DrXenos

I went to rip a blu-ray disc to a folder and a warning dialog popped up saying I shouldn't because it's a 3D disc. It is not. It's a normal blu-ray.

I ripped it anyway and it seems to be fine. Just figured I report it as a sanity check and in case James is interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.2_Info_G_MAZE_RUNNER_42C2EAA5_3853C32A.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Oh there's most definitely 3D content in there. Check the BDMV\STREAM folder, inside it you'll have an SSIF folders. That's your 3D content right there

titles 00232 and 340-359. Those have matching titles in the main STREAM folder, so you will be able to determine what those files represent.

Just because the main movie is 2D, doesn't mean there can't be for example 3D trailers.

Thanks, Ch3vron! So, they are probably trailers? I know the movie itself isn't 3D.

i don't know, i don't have the disc. Open one of the m2ts files in VLC for example and find out ;)

Thanks, Ch3vron! So, they are probably trailers? I know the movie itself isn't 3D.
Probably, yes. Do yourself a favor: RIP TO ISO. ALWAYS RIP TO ISO. Don't think about it. Just do it. Always. It is faster. It is better. It keeps your sector locations in interleaved files. It keeps your (sometimes) well thought out sector locations. It keeps duplicate sectors for 3D. It is wonderful. It is, what AnyDVD - as an in-place decrypter - does best.

I know you refer and recommend ripping to ISO. I find ripping to folders easier, and none of the reasons against it matter to me.

Thanks.

Until you'll rip an actual full size BD50 (approx 45.5GB) 3D disc to folders. Now instead of a properly sized 45GB ISO image, you'll end up with a potential folder size of 90+GB.

Until you'll rip an actual full size BD50 (approx 45.5GB) 3D disc to folders. Now instead of a properly sized 45GB ISO image, you'll end up with a potential folder size of 90+GB.

Yes, I understand that, but 1) I don't buy or care about 3D, and 2) I don't care about recreating a blu-ray disc from a rip.

The blu-ray sets I have that DO come with 3D disc, that disc is ripped to an ISO, just for backup purposes.

Thanks.

I rip 3D all the time, but for playing purposes I have to actually rip to MKV using CloneBD or MakeMKV. Reason is that I use Plex as my primary player and that can't handle ISO files. I do sometimes back up my entire disk and do that in ISO format if I think I'm going to re-rip it into a different type of 3D. For example I have traditionally ripped to TAB/SBS format, but I run a LibeELEC Pi that can play full resolution 3D-MVC so I know down the road I'll eventually re-rip to that format. However, Blu-Ray ISO files take up a lot of space so I do it sparingly!

@Ch3vr0n "Open one of the m2ts files in VLC for example and find out"

Just curious what that will tell you if you don't have a 3D monitor. I use VLC all the time and when I play even a 3D-MVC rip it plays in 2D on my PC. The monitor has no way to display the 3D information and I've never seen any notice or anything that pops up saying that it's a 3D stream even if I can't see it. Is there a function of VLC I don't know about with regard to 3D?

@Ch3vr0n "Open one of the m2ts files in VLC for example and find out"

Just curious what that will tell you if you don't have a 3D monitor. I use VLC all the time and when I play even a 3D-MVC rip it plays in 2D on my PC. The monitor has no way to display the 3D information and I've never seen any notice or anything that pops up saying that it's a 3D stream even if I can't see it. Is there a function of VLC I don't know about with regard to 3D?

Any .ssif file is a virtual stream reference with information for the your 2nd eye ;). Each file has a matching standard .m2ts file. While i don't know of a way to view .ssif files once they become real (due to ripping to folders). It's very easy to find out if they're worth keeping / what they reference by playing back the matching m2ts file :)

Back