• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Panasonic Blu-ray discs - confused.

SuperGoof

Hi Everyone,

I was just going to buy a dual layer 50GB rewritable Blu-ray disc. "Panasonic", because nothing else is available. (I would probably buy TDK if I could find them). All of a sudden, it turned out that 2 models of Panasonic 50GB BD-RE discs are available: LM-BE50A and LM-BE50D. There is also American model sold on Amazon: LM-BE50DE. Unfortunately, Amazon can only ship it to the US.

LM-BE50A:
http://prodb.matsushita.co.jp/product/info.do?pg=04&hb=LM-BE50A

LM-BE50D:
http://ctlg.panasonic.jp/product/info.do?pg=04&hb=LM-BE50D

I searched Google, and almost all of the articles I found were in Japanese. From what I found, it looks like LM-BE50A is intended for Blu-ray recorders, while LM-BE50D is for PCs. But they both are cartridgeless and BR-RE 2.1 compatible.

Does anyone know the difference between the two discs? And which one will work with PS3 and other standalone players if I put BDMV movie on it - either authored myself or created with the help of AnyDVD HD?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have 3 Panasonic BDRE 50gb, but can't let you know until I get home (about 4 hours)

Mine are LM-BE50A's, work fine with the Sony writer and play back fine in my PS3

Last edited:
I have 3 Panasonic BDRE 50gb, but can't let you know until I get home (about 4 hours)

Mine are LM-BE50A's, work fine with the Sony writer and play back fine in my PS3

Thanks!

Ordered one LM-BE50A today.

Still would like to know what is the technical difference between the two discs though...

My 2 cents: One is probably intended for authoring (a) on hifi recorders, the order for data (d). Much like you needed special audio CDR discs for some hifi CD audio recorders.

Back