• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When Are We Getting Properly Signed Drivers

Bathrone

Vista

AnyDvd.Sys - not signed
Elbydelay.sys - not signed

When are we getting properly signed drivers?

Also the bug I previously reported about anydvd adding junk to the roaming profile instead of local on Vista isnt fixed in 6174

But I still love you Slysoft 8)

Vista

AnyDvd.Sys - not signed
Elbydelay.sys - not signed

When are we getting properly signed drivers?
What? These drivers are signed! Please elaborate how you verified that they are not.

Also the bug I previously reported about anydvd adding junk to the roaming profile instead of local on Vista isnt fixed in 6174
It is (or should be) fixed. However, the "old" file will not vanish by itself, you need to delete it.

EDIT: If the drivers weren't signed, AnyDVD / CloneDVD / CloneCD would not run at all under Vista 64.

Last edited:
James I can see your software has code signing with the digital signatures. Thats easy.

I'm talking about the fact your drivers are not WHQL signed. This is a hassle for a number of reasons. The main one is not being able to install your software in cases where I can't convince the admin to turn off group policy enforcement of only installing WHQL signed drivers. Ive recommended to two people now who tried your trial and had to abandon due to this. Its also a security risk as WHQL protects users from malicious changes.

On my system right now yours is the only one not properly signed.

As for the profile issue I have deleted the junk and I'll see on the next install.

I'm talking about the fact your drivers are not WHQL signed. This is a hassle for a number of reasons. The main one is not being able to install your software in cases where I can't convince the admin to turn off group policy enforcement of only installing WHQL signed drivers. Ive recommended to two people now who tried your trial and had to abandon due to this. Its also a security risk as WHQL protects users from malicious changes.

why would you need to install something like anydvd onto a system that has admins - i.e. an office pc? do a lot of dvd backups at work do we? :policeman:

There is a variety of uses AnyDvD has. For example, region free. And the ability to remove prohibited user operations. Its wrong to suggest its only for backups. I know people who use it mainly as a region free tool and rarely if ever do backups. Not everyone is ok with flashing their drive firmware or other methods.

In another case where I recommended a friend of mine use AnyDVD for fair use backups his wife refused to change their client/server network policy for their home lan. This was a SOHO type setup and the wife was overly cautious about her business data and the configuration of the machines.

Not having WHQL is a hassle and I think its about time SlySoft stepped up.

Back