• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Archos 605 Wifi and MP4 (mpeg-4)

bgdc

The Archos 605 uses MP4, so do I use the standard apple video to make MP4s? It seems all the Archos stuff mentions AVI but AVI is a really bad format, so I can't understand the advantage of using it instead of MP4. Is there another MP4 choice on CloneDVD mobile beyond Apple's option?

Will those MP4s work on the Archos 605?

The Archos 605 uses MP4, so do I use the standard apple video to make MP4s? It seems all the Archos stuff mentions AVI but AVI is a really bad format, so I can't understand the advantage of using it instead of MP4. Is there another MP4 choice on CloneDVD mobile beyond Apple's option?

Will those MP4s work on the Archos 605?

Well, whoever owns an Archos 605 might just as well try it and post the results.
I don't have one, I'll be happy to add a profile if you can confirm that it works.

Well, whoever owns an Archos 605 might just as well try it and post the results.
I don't have one, I'll be happy to add a profile if you can confirm that it works.

We're waiting on the 605 to show up Wednesday - b-day present for my 5 year old niece - and I wanted to get a jump on converting DVDs to the right format. I'll know for certain on Wednesday but if I had an answer today, I could convert more of her movies right now in prep for the device's arrival.

Just playing with my 605 and using the trial on clone mobile.

So far I have found, you can use Mp4, but only with Mp3 sound, trying to use AAC sound prompts you to buy an additional codex from Archos.

I have found the AVI format is working for me at the moment.

One problem I am finding is trying to get a good profile for the 605 in Clone Mobile, but I will dig around the forums on that one.

Just to add as an aside it plays Flash Movies nicely.

Edit : Just to add I found this review of the 605

http://www.epinions.com/content_403434540676

There are details in there for encoding - I would be great if there was a profile for the device as it seems to be subtly different to the earlier models.

Last edited:
Just playing with my 605 and using the trial on clone mobile.

So far I have found, you can use Mp4, but only with Mp3 sound, trying to use AAC sound prompts you to buy an additional codex from Archos.

I have found the AVI format is working for me at the moment.

One problem I am finding is trying to get a good profile for the 605 in Clone Mobile, but I will dig around the forums on that one.

Just to add as an aside it plays Flash Movies nicely.

Edit : Just to add I found this review of the 605

http://www.epinions.com/content_403434540676

There are details in there for encoding - I would be great if there was a profile for the device as it seems to be subtly different to the earlier models.

I ended up buying the plugin and I use the iPod Video option. I'm ripping an avi right now but it's a 604 version so I'm not sure it will be all that great. The iPod mp4s look and sound fine.

I have "hacked" the 604 section in devices.ini to offer a resolution if 720x404 and the movie I did this morning looks wonderful.

I would still like to use Mp4 with Mp3 encoding if any one can tell me what settings are needed in the devices.ini file.

So what did you put in the ini to allow that resolution?

I copied the 604 Wifi section down into a new section as follows the only changes are in bold below.

[605 Wifi]
Manufacturer=Archos
ScreenRatio=16:9
Res1=320x240
Res2=362x272
ResAna1=720x404
ResAna2=320x180
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
VTag=DIVX
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libmp3lame
MaxVBitrate=2000

archos 605

i tried to insert the [605 Wifi] and i keep getting the message "Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Slysoft\Clone DVD mobile\Devices.ini.file." What am i doing wrong?

It sounds like you are not signed on to your PC as an administrator, and therefore do not have rights to update the program files directory.

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has a clear answer yet on modifying the ini file to allow for the option of making mp4 files.

Back