• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Solved: Structural Protection on DVD "How I won the war" (1967)

nadir

Hi there,

again, I struggle to copy a DVD released by BFI. It's their two-disk-release of
"How I won the war" (1967)
https://shop.bfi.org.uk/how-i-won-the-war-dual-format-edition.html
First, after AnyDVD scanning the disk, just copying the VIDEO_TS directory to hard disk doesn't work, there are fake VOBs. So, right-click and "Rip Video disk to Hard disk…", but that ends with error message
"ErrorIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 16218112 763904.

Setting AnyDVD to Default Settings, exiting and restarting, it rips to HDD without any complaints, but the directory size grows to 27GB.

What should I do to create a plain copy of the DVD without the bloat?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.0_Info_D_HOW I WON THE WAR.ziplog
    839.5 KB · Views: 4
It looks like you're running in a VM. The VM doesn't seem to be giving direct access to the optical drive. You'll have to address that first, if that doesn't help update to beta 8482. If both don't work, new logfile from the beta.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi there,

again, I struggle to copy a DVD released by BFI. It's their two-disk-release of
"How I won the war" (1967)
https://shop.bfi.org.uk/how-i-won-the-war-dual-format-edition.html
First, after AnyDVD scanning the disk, just copying the VIDEO_TS directory to hard disk doesn't work, there are fake VOBs. So, right-click and "Rip Video disk to Hard disk…", but that ends with error message
"ErrorIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 16218112 763904.

Setting AnyDVD to Default Settings, exiting and restarting, it rips to HDD without any complaints, but the directory size grows to 27GB.

What should I do to create a plain copy of the DVD without the bloat?
I suggest you use CloneDVD2 and copy the movie without menus.

EDIT:
If you want the full disc, you can copy to image (.iso)

It looks like you're running in a VM. The VM doesn't seem to be giving direct access to the optical drive. You'll have to address that first, if that doesn't help update to beta 8482. If both don't work, new logfile from the beta.

Thanks, mate! True, VM on a Linux host. There is not much I know to do for "direct access", but the Beta did it. Thank you!
I suggest you use CloneDVD2 and copy the movie without menus. (…)
That was not an option, but problem solved anyway. Thanks so much to both of you for the quick reply!

Back