• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer BDR-XS07S supported?

NYSoundwaves

I am looking to pick up a Pioneer BDR-XS07S and wanted to know if it was supported by RedFox?
I just picked up a new Surface Pro and I need an external Drive, if the Pioneer BDR-XS07S is not supported, which drive would be recommended?

Redfox doesn't support any drive. Anydvd on the other hand supports any see Windows detects. It doesn't care who made it. If windows sees it, then so will anydvd

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@Ch3vr0n ,

your advice is not correct. Regarding UHDs AnyDVD only supports "friendly drives" and not "official drives".

• ASUS BW-16D1HT

• ASUS BC-12D2HT

• LG WH14NS40

• LG WH16NS40

• LG BH16NS55

• LG BH16NS50

• LG BH16NS40

• LG BH14NS58

• LG BH14NS50

Wrong, my post is very much correct.

Anydvd works with EVERY drive model. End of story. Uhd decryption is a very niche market, and officially NOT SUPPORTED AT ALL in anydvd.

OP makes no mention anywhere in his post about using that drive for uhd decryption. OP simply asks if anydvd can work with the drive and the answer is yes.

I am looking to pick up a Pioneer BDR-XS07S and wanted to know if it was supported by RedFox?
I just picked up a new Surface Pro and I need an external Drive, if the Pioneer BDR-XS07S is not supported, which drive would be recommended?
It is supported.

Hah I knew it. Now who's not correct

It is supported but UHDs won't work with it. Therefore be aware of that if you want to buy it. Otherwise get a friendly drive from the list.

It is supported but UHDs won't work with it. Therefore be aware of that if you want to buy it. Otherwise get a friendly drive from the list.

First you say I'm wrong and it's not supported. Now you say it is supported. Please make up your mind.

That said, again with the uhd. Where exactly in the op's post do you see any mention of even wanting to handle uhd Blu-ray? I don't see it anywhere, don't bring uhd complications into a topic that doesn't even mention it.

Oh and as per specifications linked by James, that drive doesn't even support reading uhd bd's. So please stop making this topic more complicated than it needs to be, or trying to pick an argument again.

Last edited:
.... Read James' answer. That drive is supported for BD but not for UHD. So you give bad advice if someome wants to be prepared for UHD.

Hint. If you don't have UHD / 4k hardware as you stated before - do not comment on those posts. It's like blind people giving recommendations to people having eye sight.
In this case it was just unknown - but possible.

.... Read James' answer. That drive is supported for BD but not for UHD. So you give bad advice if someome wants to be prepared for UHD.
I have, and I read it exactly how is meant to be.

Again with the uhd, WHERE do you see the op asking about uhd? Stop making the topic more complicated than it needs to be. I will not ask a third time or start another back and forth 'debate'.

Hint. If you don't have UHD / 4k hardware as you stated before - do not comment on those posts. It's like blind people giving recommendations to people having eye sight.
In this case it was just unknown - but possible.

Just because I don't have any uhd gear myself, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

I have, and I read it exactly how is meant to be.

Again with the uhd, WHERE do you see the op asking about uhd? Stop making the topic more complicated than it needs to be. I will not ask a third time or start another back and forth 'debate'.

Just because I don't have any uhd gear myself, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Just stop defending yourself and try to help the forum community as good as possible.

Just stop defending yourself and try to help the forum community as good as possible.
I'm not defending myself or anything. Stop accusing me and trying to pick a fight then, and saying I'm wrong when I'm not.

You bringing uhd into this topic where there wasn't even a mention of it isnt helping the forum community as good as possible.

This discussion ends here and now. Or I will be forced to clean this entire topic of all non-essential replies (hint, uhd where no uhd was even asked about). And deleting posts is the very last thing I want to do.

Your usual threat when you are running out of arguments. I know......

Enough, I'm not making threats. You're the one saying I'm wrong and the drive isn't supported. Then you say it is. Yet I'm the one that's not helping and needs to stop defending and arguing.

It is supported but UHDs won't work with it.
Of course not. It is not an UHD drive. It will not play UHDs. It will not read UHDs. Not with any software.
AnyDVD supports this drive in all its capabilities. So yes, it is FULLY SUPPORTED.
This is the answer to the question.

Back