• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.2.9.0 AMD support

coopervid

Congrats to the ElaborateBytes team!

A real impressive list of fixes and improvements! However, it doesn't concern me personally but I didn't find anything regarding AMD GPU hardware support. Maybe somebody like @Reto can make some comments on the progress (or the issues to make progress) with AMD GPU support. The community with those GPUs will for sure appreciate this.

We are currently working with AMD on several issues in their media framework driver. The latest release has full AMD HEVC/AVC HW support.

Thanks for the Feedback

can you say how long it will take? 1 week? 1 month? 1 year?

@Fabian
I am using a Radeon RX570 with Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 and HEVC is all on software

I meant it shows that the RX570 can not use hardware for HEVC in latest CloneBD. Only software possible for decode and Encode in HEVC.

Disabled = greyed out, unavailable to select. As in the current status of hw acceleration). Thus it switched to software encoding.

Software encoding =/= unavailable

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

unfortunately not even AVC works

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-14_20-58-24.png
    upload_2020-5-14_20-58-24.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 29
unfortunately not even AVC works

I get something similar where when using AMD hardware, I top out at 5 FPS. I check each release hoping this is fixed because I love CloneBD but I am forced to use Handbrake which does work with AMD hardware. I know there is a ticket with AMD open and that their are statements that the AMD driver is a pain but if handbrake can get it right I don't understand why CloneDB (a superior piece of software) cannot. I have supported Redfox from the beginning and will continue too I just find this somewhat disappointing.

Nobody said the graphics card was defective. The problem is with the AMD drivers, which BD-rebuilder doesn't use. It's a GUI for command-line tools, the tools themselves then offload the work directly to the video cores on the card without driver interaction.

No, because there hasn't been an update to CLBD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back