• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD trying to connect to internet

Slim

AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 is trying to connect to the internet even though I have the option to automatically check for new versions unchecked.

I have a registered copy downloaded directly from slysoft.com and I've also checked my files with a virus scan with negative results.

I'm sure there's nothing sinister happening, but I don't feel comfortable when my firewall starts catching programs trying to access the internet without my consent.

Any ideas or answers?

Thanks!

anydvd IS a trustworthy program.all slysoft products are.
if you are fine about installing the software then you should have absolutely no worries if it tries to connect with the internet.if you are not happy about it then uninstall the software.
personally i allow it to connect to the internet whenever it needs/has to.
the program probably isnt looking for updates if you unchecked the box.so it may have something to do with the 'key' being validated to make sure it is kosher and not a shared key (in which case slysoft will blacklist it).if this is the case then slysoft has every right to protect it's software keys.

Last edited:
if you are fine about installing the software then you should have absolutely no worries if it tries to connect with the internet.if you are not happy about it then uninstall the software.
the program probably isnt looking for updates if you unchecked the box.so it may have something to do with the 'key' being validated to make sure it is kosher and not a shared key (in which case slysoft will blacklist it).if this is the case then slysoft has every right to protect it's software keys.

Um, I think I'd like to hear from somebody that knows what they're talking about and can also reply to me in a civil manner.

Thanks anyway.

Just to avoid any other unpleasant suggestions for me to uninstall the program I've paid good money for, I've used this program for months and it has never before tried to access the internet without my approval. I don't give a crap what you might think but I control the activity of my computer, and since this is an anomaly with AnyDVD, I damn well have a right to find out what is happening.

AnyDVD does not connect to see if a key is valid or not.

AnyDVD does not connect to see if a key is valid or not.
i wasnt 100% certain.so i used the words may and if.

@slim:
you didnt mention in your original post that you'd had been using the program for some months now.
apologies if you thought my reply was not in a civil manner.

i think the tone of your third post is appauling.
Slim said:
Just to avoid any other unpleasant suggestions for me to uninstall the program I've paid good money for, I've used this program for months and it has never before tried to access the internet without my approval. I don't give a crap what you might think but I control the activity of my computer, and since this is an anomaly with AnyDVD, I damn well have a right to find out what is happening.

i do hope someone can give you the answer you are looking for though.

Last edited:
AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 is trying to connect to the internet even though I have the option to automatically check for new versions unchecked.

I have a registered copy downloaded directly from slysoft.com and I've also checked my files with a virus scan with negative results.

I'm sure there's nothing sinister happening, but I don't feel comfortable when my firewall starts catching programs trying to access the internet without my consent.

Any ideas or answers?

Thanks!
Do you know *where* it tries to connect to?

EDIT: It is possible, that it tries to verify its signature with windowsupdate.microsoft.com

@ Slim,

If you uncheck the “Automatically Check For AnyDVD Version” box the SlySoft AnyDVD v6.1.7.4 (or any other version) software program Does Not connect to the InterNet.

Suggest to Thoroughly check that you don’t have any SpyWare/Virus/Trojans. Suggest using a couple of different SpyWare/Virus/Trojan scanners to Ensure that you don’t have any nastiest on your computer.

Regards,
Coaster

@ Slim,

If you uncheck the “Automatically Check For AnyDVD Version” box the SlySoft AnyDVD v6.1.7.4 (or any other version) software program Does Not connect to the InterNet.
It may. (Actually it isn't AnyDVD itself, but Windows OS to verify AnyDVD's certificate).

Further, there are some trojans which love to attach itself to the AnyDVD process.

It may. (Actually it isn't AnyDVD itself, but Windows OS to verify AnyDVD's certificate).

Further, there are some trojans which love to attach itself to the AnyDVD process.

I think you might be right. AVG Antivirus showed nothing, AVG Anti-spyware showed nothing, and neither did AdAware or Spybot.

However, AnyDVD tried to access several different IP addresses in several different countries so something major is up.

I'm extremely careful and have never had a virus before, so I don't know what is up. Luckily, my firewall worked as planned.

I did accidently insert a recent DVD release into my computer without first starting AnyDVD. Could Sony be up to their old tricks with rootkits?

I'm sorry about lashing out to anybody, but this has got me pretty upset.

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (213.251.133.91:HTTP).
Rating High
Date / Time 2007/09/16 16:55:22-5:00 GMT
Type Program Access
Program AnyDVD.exe
Source IP
Destination IP 213.251.133.91:80
Direction Outgoing (connect)
Action Taken Blocked
Count 1
Source DNS
Destination DNS ovh1.slysoft.com

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (209.172.55.182:HTTP).
Rating High
Type Program Access
Program AnyDVD.exe
Source IP
Destination IP 209.172.55.182:80
Action Taken Blocked
Count 1
Source DNS
Destination DNS www.slysoft.com

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (91.121.16.109:HTTP).
Rating High
Type Program Access
Program AnyDVD.exe
Source IP
Destination IP 91.121.16.109:80
Action Taken Blocked
Count 1
Source DNS

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (85.10.195.108:HTTP).
Rating High
Type Program Access
Program AnyDVD.exe
Source IP
Destination IP 85.10.195.108:80
Action Taken Blocked
Count 1
Source DNS

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (67.15.8.99:HTTP).
Rating High
Type Program Access
Program AnyDVD.exe
Source IP
Destination IP 67.15.8.99:80
Action Taken Blocked
Count 1
Source DNS

There are others, too.

Thanks for the help, everybody! Sorry for lashing out, mike20021969. Cheers, mate!

Slim,
If you check the IP's the computer was trying to connect to they are notorious Spam sites. You might need to have the people over at HighJackthis look at your problem as you have gotten malware on your computer

Slim,
If you check the IP's the computer was trying to connect to they are notorious Spam sites. You might need to have the people over at HighJackthis look at your problem as you have gotten malware on your computer

While I cannot say why it is connecting to these addresses if Slim has the update checking disabled what I can say is all these IPs do nothing more than direct you to one single address: http://www.slysoft.com or what I assume is a mirror holding the same page but it is under the Slysoft domain. Take the IP numbers and type them into your browser and check for yourself. Even ns23842.ovh.net directs you to the Slysoft site.

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (213.251.133.91:HTTP).

Host name: ovh1.slysoft.com
IP address: 213.251.133.91

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (209.172.55.182:HTTP).

Host name: iw2.slysoft.com
IP address: 209.172.55.182

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (91.121.16.109:HTTP).

Host name: ns23842.ovh.net
IP address: 91.121.16.109

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (85.10.195.108:HTTP).

Host name: h3.slysoft.com
IP address: 85.10.195.108

Description AnyDVD Application was temporarily blocked from connecting to the Internet (67.15.8.99:HTTP).

Host name: ev1.slysoft.com
IP address: 67.15.8.99

DrinkLyeAndDie
I saw originally what you mentioned but why use Houston, Amsterdam, And Montreal for your IP re-direct . Slysoft has a server and thusly should not need a re-direct unless these are mirror sites but they could have used another network besides "Ripe"

my personal opinion is that its probably checking keys. but then again thats just my personal opinion.

i dont care too much, i permanently block any outgoing (or incoming) program i dont give specific access to.

my personal opinion is that its probably checking keys. but then again thats just my personal opinion.

i dont care too much, i permanently block any outgoing (or incoming) program i dont give specific access to.
AnyDVD does not check keys.

I second that it doesn't check keys but rather it is checking for updates.

Then there is a bug, because the person said they had that option unchecked.

This is true. I do have it unchecked. I even checked it, applied it, and unchecked it again with the same results.

The oddest thing is that I've used AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 for several days, but yesterday was the first time it tried to access all of those different IP numbers.

I ran a complete virus scan using the very latest definitions with both AVG and Avast! antivirus programs and they both came up clean.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

i still say it checks keys. having read posts on *some sites* that they install a key and then reboot and it works, but later on it suddenly doesnt work anymore.

this can only mean that anydvd checks keys. people that block anydvd with a firewall or have it on a standalone computer (not connected to the internet) never have a problem with their illegitimate key being blocked.

again, this is just my private opinion, but i think it makes sense, given the evidence.

i still say it checks keys. having read posts on *some sites* that they install a key and then reboot and it works, but later on it suddenly doesnt work anymore.

this can only mean that anydvd checks keys. people that block anydvd with a firewall or have it on a standalone computer (not connected to the internet) never have a problem with their illegitimate key being blocked.

again, this is just my private opinion, but i think it makes sense, given the evidence.

I think you may be right as if a crack or blacklisted key is used the program does tell you this to some extent. :policeman:

Back